Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/11/2013 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by greeny9 on 1/10/2013 11:24:00 PM (view original):1 Me Too!
1. I am a nerd... :)
2. What is wrong with opposition to a war? Should we all just be blind sheeple like repubs and just follow the leader when he wants to go to war? As Ive said War should be the last option, I dont think we tried hard enough politically to stop tensions or slow the spread of communism in those parts.
3. Ok, I wasnt clear in what I said...
4. Yah, there you go a clear exit strategy, something we sorely needed for these 2 wars. Something that we still dont have...
5. Not at all, in fact its probably true that they hate you even more now. So what exactly did you gain??? From where I stand pretty much nothing.
2 I fully support examining each war for its value. I feel that some on the left oppose war as a matter of policy. I can remember calling a local talk show and arguing with the host (Peter Werbe) about the value of the 1st Gulf war. How can that be opposed?
3 Thank you and it was a minor mistake but since you called me on it I had to bring it up.
4 So didnt the left use that as a reason the 1st gulf war was flawed?
5 We eliminated a large number of the orginizational level administration of the terror networks. We cost them money. We cost them lives. The entire region is becoming more free...coincidence? We hurt global terror. Was it worth it is a question for debate. Did we do it for nothing is not!
2. The Persian gulf war was necessary, you cant sit back and watch a big nation militarily take over a much smaller nation. And that was was fought and won in roughly 6 months. And the part of the war that the Allieds actually took part in lasted about 42 days. This is a fully acceptable war as far as I am concerned. Now the wars that essentially still on in Iraq and Afghanistan are perfect examples of not having a real exit strategy, and the military industrial complex run amok.
4. As far as I know there was a clear exit strategy in the 1st gulf war...
5. Please, you didnt eliminate anything, there will always be crazy people over there willing to do the dirty work. And more then enough rich people over there that either profit from everlasting conflict, or are just plain crazy in hate with the USA. (and not entirely undeservedly I might add) Considering the never ending amounts of people over there that will stop at nothing to hurt or embarrass the USA (the numbers of which unquestionably grew with these wars) I would say that this war did the exact opposite of what you claim that it hurt global terror. My crystal ball tells me that the USA will have more headaches now and for the foreseeable future with terrorist attacks both against itself and her allies (esp. Israel).
Finally the real reason that America started these 2 wars was to get easier access to OIL. Which it has at least partially been successful at.