d2 player in d3 Topic

Ive been scoping out a player in d2 who I want for my d3 team. I havent pushed hard yet at all, over the first 24 hours of recruiting i did nothing more than a couple phone calls and 2 scouting trips. I had gotten poor feedback, but never a straight up NO im not playing for you. Well now there is finally a d2 team in the mix with about 3-4 schollys... am I screwed here? I have a decent chunk of change, and I have only 1 scholly to fill.
1/5/2013 10:16 AM
You are screwed. He has too many open scholars for you to pose a threat.
1/5/2013 10:24 AM
If an in Division team wants him, unless you have a major distance and cash advantage, I would say it is going to be hard.

I am not sure what the prestige equivalent is when moving up divisions .. but a "D" prestige in Div-II is much better when compared to a "D" prestige team in Div-III.

The bottom line is that recruits what to play in the Division they are rated for (or higher) and if you are in a lower division and battling someone in a higher division, then it is going to cost you.
1/5/2013 10:46 AM
well then i have a followup question....  am I also hopeless if I'm going for a guy who rejected my phone calls?
1/5/2013 12:12 PM
You shouldn't put any more effort into him...if he is ready to consider you, I believe you'll get a message from him saying so. Until then, no chance.
1/5/2013 12:19 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 1/5/2013 12:12:00 PM (view original):
well then i have a followup question....  am I also hopeless if I'm going for a guy who rejected my phone calls?

A rejected phone call is the same as 'NO WAY'. Move on

1/5/2013 12:27 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 1/5/2013 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Ive been scoping out a player in d2 who I want for my d3 team. I havent pushed hard yet at all, over the first 24 hours of recruiting i did nothing more than a couple phone calls and 2 scouting trips. I had gotten poor feedback, but never a straight up NO im not playing for you. Well now there is finally a d2 team in the mix with about 3-4 schollys... am I screwed here? I have a decent chunk of change, and I have only 1 scholly to fill.
You're not out of the mix yet, depending on a couple of factors.  What is your prestige versus his?  What are the distances involved?  Is he involved in any other battles?  All these things matter.
1/5/2013 12:42 PM
i am targeting a player who I will pull my hair out if I don't get... he let me visit his home..i scouted him 6 times... but he rejected my campus visit??   His letters said something like I want to know more info about the school, so I sent another campus visit and 6 school info letters... I'm crossing my fingers!!
1/5/2013 2:25 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 1/5/2013 12:42:00 PM (view original):
You're not out of the mix yet, depending on a couple of factors.  What is your prestige versus his?  What are the distances involved?  Is he involved in any other battles?  All these things matter.
man...  my prestige is a B and his is a C-. He is 120 miles away I am 160. He only has 2 people currently considering him, and he has 4 spots open. I've already dropped 2,000 on him -- he accepted 2 of my home visits and declined a campus visit, requesting school info. So I sent him 6 packets, and attempted another campus visit. What if he denies my campus visit again?!
1/5/2013 2:30 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 1/5/2013 12:12:00 PM (view original):
read this
1/5/2013 2:52 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 1/5/2013 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 1/5/2013 12:42:00 PM (view original):
man...  my prestige is a B and his is a C-. He is 120 miles away I am 160. He only has 2 people currently considering him, and he has 4 spots open. I've already dropped 2,000 on him -- he accepted 2 of my home visits and declined a campus visit, requesting school info. So I sent him 6 packets, and attempted another campus visit. What if he denies my campus visit again?!
At that distance, you need to quit messing around with campus visits and use more home visits.  Unfortunately, it would appear that the D2 coach is pretty serious about the player, given that he's only got the two players for the four spots.  Probably better to cut bait and move on to someone else.  And never, never tell how much you've spent on a kid until recruiting is over.  What if that other coach is reading the forums and now knows exactly what you have spent and done with your money?
1/5/2013 4:17 PM
Regarding prestige of D3 vs D2 in recruiting - I have an A+ prestige D3 program. How much of a disadvantage would I be against something like a C+/B- D2 team? 1.5:1? 2:1? Any ballpark numbers would be helpful.
1/5/2013 4:55 PM
I had 3,000 invested in this guy, d3 player :( couldnt land him, 160 miles away.. Other guy must have promised him the world...
1/5/2013 10:07 PM
3,000 isn't that much.
1/5/2013 10:44 PM
only had 1 scholly... i thought it was alright for D3 lol
1/5/2013 11:00 PM
12 Next ▸
d2 player in d3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.