d2 player in d3 Topic

3000 isn't much at all.  You also need to realize, quickly, that it's not how much you put into a player, it's how you use that 3000.  What if you had 3000 into him and 900 were phone calls and letters, 1600 for scouting trips, a home visit and 100 for the schollie.  Another D3 coach puts in 2500 worth, but he's got a couple of phone calls, a couple of letters, 7 home visits, and the schollie.  Who do you think is gonna get that recruit?  You guessed it, the guy who spent 500 less than you.  It's not how much you spend, it's how you spend it.  Learn that and learn that quickly.  And yes, I realize that this example was a bit of an exaggeration (although I have seen people do things like that), but it was made more to illustrate the point than anything else?  I'm guessing that the D2 coach probably didn't make any promises to the kid and if he did, he probably didn't need to.  If you need help recruiting next season, sitemail me and let me know.  I'm in Iba also, at D2 Wisconsin, Parkside.

And since he's already signed, can you sitemail me and let me know who he was?  I'd like to see what his ratings and potentials looked like and see if he was worth the fuss.  Or just post his name here if you'd rather do that.
1/6/2013 1:16 AM
Posted by zbolton1 on 1/5/2013 10:07:00 PM (view original):
I had 3,000 invested in this guy, d3 player :( couldnt land him, 160 miles away.. Other guy must have promised him the world...
D2 teams get $5,000 per open scholarship so spending $3,000 is not going to get the job done.
1/6/2013 9:01 AM
blackdog, the player i moved on too and had my eyes set on was a d3 player.   EMY you made very very good points.. lesson learned for next season's recruiting...  it broke my heart not to get him though! lol

he had pretty good starting off stats, a 4 year player, and had HIGH potential in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY. :(

1/6/2013 11:57 AM
◂ Prev 12
d2 player in d3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.