D2 Season 62 Topic

Thanks for the congrats guys. Appreciate it. As far as superclasses are concerned, I play both traditional 3-3-3-3 and superclass and find that superclass gives you the best chance to win more often. It's also more about recruiting dollars brought forward than the recruits themselves sometimes.  I think the way to counteract superclases is to reduce or eliminate dollars brought forward from previous year(s) and lower substantially the conference recruiting dollars. The only thing more annoying than a superteam winning, is a superconference generating riduculous recruiting funds.  I play on these leagues too.  A superteam needs a superconference to generate the large dollars to bring forward. I play both ways so I am really not one sided on this. Thoughts?

2/17/2013 4:39 PM
Posted by bvb24 on 2/17/2013 1:58:00 PM (view original):
I think I'm going to join the Central Atlantic.  Beek is my friend and he wants me to beat him in conference instead of non-conference.  (can't wait for him to read that.)  It will take 2 or 3 seasons to get back to the tournament but I'm pretty confident in my ability to rebuild a program.  Did I mention i'm looking at taking over a team that lost 26 straight games this year?
I would be ok with each team starting with the same amount of cash and keeping post season rewards the same.  It would give teams with very few openings an advantage but if you have 1 opening one year that means you'll have 4 or 5 other years so I think it would balance out.  I think team and coach prestige need a massive overhaul too.  No team that is missing the tourney once or twice every 4 years should have an A+.  Even if they get to the second round and an elite eight in their big years.  I feel like there should be far fewer A+ teams and far more in the C range.  But that's just me
You could always come to the Gulf South. I know most avoid all the Arkansas schools with so little recruits to divy up, but we do have schools available in Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi.
2/17/2013 4:47 PM
Posted by daveredden on 2/17/2013 4:39:00 PM (view original):

Thanks for the congrats guys. Appreciate it. As far as superclasses are concerned, I play both traditional 3-3-3-3 and superclass and find that superclass gives you the best chance to win more often. It's also more about recruiting dollars brought forward than the recruits themselves sometimes.  I think the way to counteract superclases is to reduce or eliminate dollars brought forward from previous year(s) and lower substantially the conference recruiting dollars. The only thing more annoying than a superteam winning, is a superconference generating riduculous recruiting funds.  I play on these leagues too.  A superteam needs a superconference to generate the large dollars to bring forward. I play both ways so I am really not one sided on this. Thoughts?

Just out of curiousity, how much are you carrying over this year to next Dave?
2/17/2013 5:03 PM
you can figure about 4-5/yr assuming 2 full classes (no walkons which really screw you up). (3 years x 5m) +30M for 6 scholarships and take away about 3m for future stars. two year recruiting dollars average about 40-42 for first year and 32 for second. Second is harder because you have to make sure you fill all scholarships. Im gonna be close to these numbers next recruiting period. Don't want to mess up my conference mates by giving exact figures.
2/17/2013 11:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
D2 Season 62 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.