D2 Season 62 Topic

Great job again bbunch.
2/1/2013 3:19 AM
Posted by greenhawks on 1/31/2013 4:49:00 AM (view original):
Big ESPN double-header tonight, featuring the Great Lakes Valley Conference

#19 Indianapolis at #4 Bellarmine
# 9 So. Illinois-Edwardsville at #17 Wisconsin-Parkside
Indy nipped Bellarmine 60-58. Two free throws with 2 seconds remaining, following a questionable backcourt foul, was the difference.

Wisconsin-Parkside overcame an 8-pt. halftime deficit to defeat SIUE 62-57.
2/1/2013 3:51 AM
Harding has won 13 in a row and barely hanging on in the Top 64 in the projection report. We're better than that. Gonna be a tough first round matchup in the NT for someone.
2/2/2013 1:19 PM
Big Game tonight - #1 Longwood home vs. #3 Coker. Both teams are potential #1 seeds in the tourney. 
2/4/2013 11:56 AM
Posted by bbunch on 2/4/2013 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Big Game tonight - #1 Longwood home vs. #3 Coker. Both teams are potential #1 seeds in the tourney. 
Future champion Longwood wins by 13. Yawn.
2/5/2013 11:25 PM
There are some very good matchups in the CT finals tonight.  Who do you like in the following games:

Cal CAA final: #12 CSU, Stanislaus vs. #15 California, San Diego (Stanislaus won 66-55 early in conference play)
CVAC final: #1 Longwood vs. #3 Coker (Longwood won 66-53 late in conference play)
East Coast Conf final: #7 Mercy vs. unranked (but 23-5 and NT bound) New York Tech (Mercy won 66-63 late in conference play)
GLIAC final: #17 Hillsdale vs. unranked (but 21-7 and NT bound) Michigan Tech (Hillsdale won 72-64 late in conference play)
GLV final: #11 Wisconsin, Parkside vs. #9 Indianapolis (UWP won 70-67 about halfway through conference play)
Great Northwest final: #2 Humboldt St. vs. #4 Seattle (split 2 regular season games, with the road team winning both)
Gulf South final: West Georgia vs. Harding (both are unranked, but both should be NT bound...Harding won the regular season game in OT)
Heartland final: #13 St. Mary's TX vs. #10 St. Edwards (St. Edwards won both regular season games)
Lonestar final: #5 SE Oklahoma St. vs. unranked (but NT bound) Northeastern St. (SE OK St. won both regular season games)
Northeast 10 final: #20 Bryant vs. unranked (but NT bound) St. Michaels (Bryant won 62-60 late in the regular season)
Peach Belt final: #22 Armstrong Atlantic vs. unranked (but NT bound) Lander (Lander won 72-68 late in the regular season)
Rock Mountain final: #19 Mesa St. vs. unranked (but NT bound) Adams St. (Mesa. St. won 74-46 late in conference play)

Those are the ones that stand out and include 2 teams who should both be in the NT.  Some great matchups tonight.  GL to all.
2/10/2013 10:59 AM
Of all the possible 16 seeds.....we draw Bowie St? This tourney will be tough as always. 
2/11/2013 7:51 AM
Longwood vs. Humboldt in the final. Write it down
2/11/2013 8:04 AM
I knew the rubber match against San Diego would be tough.
2/11/2013 8:39 AM
The 14-seed I drew in round 1 is 26-3. While most of those wins are vs Sims that's still quite the record for a 14-seed. There just aren't any easy wins in the D2 Iba NT.
2/11/2013 9:45 AM
So am I wrong in saying the Midwest is loaded? The top 8 seeds all are in top 25 teams ranked by Team Rating. West & South each have 5, the East 3.
Good luck bbunch, you will have to earn it.
2/11/2013 6:56 PM
Posted by davefilby on 2/11/2013 6:56:00 PM (view original):
So am I wrong in saying the Midwest is loaded? The top 8 seeds all are in top 25 teams ranked by Team Rating. West & South each have 5, the East 3.
Good luck bbunch, you will have to earn it.
yeah....they put us in the loaded bracket last season as well, and we were a 2nd round casaulty.

It does seem like the brackets are more even this season - there isn't a super-strong or weak one, though I think the midwest might be one of the stronger ones. I think that Bowie St. is a  scary 16 seed matchup - and I think Hillsdale is a scary 5 seed (I picked them for the final 4)
2/11/2013 11:08 PM (edited)
Other than the South, in which Columbus St. and St. Michaels pulled off some impressive upsets, there were very few surprises so far in round 1. 

#5 Limestone did lose a close one to #12 Incarnate Word.....but there's no way in hell anyone wants to run into Incarnate Word as a 12 seed...that was a terrible draw for Limestone. 
2/12/2013 12:23 PM
I thought I was dangerous 10 seed, but I will probably get crushed tonight. My season didn't go how I thought it would.
2/12/2013 10:55 PM
Columbus St., Lees McRae, U. of the Sciences, and Fairmont are the 4 biggest Sweet 16 surprises - lets see if one of them can go farther. I'm pulling for Dennyj and conference mate Lees-Mcrae to continue their Cinderella run. 

Of the big matchups tonight, 
Midwest
#1 Longwood vs. #4 SIUE - this will be a tough one for us. Definitely the 4 best teams left in the east. 

#2 UCSD vs #3 St. Mary's (TX) - can Terry Coombs and company survive UCSD's senior-laden squad? St. Mary's has the advantage in coaching experience. I'm not picking any games in my bracket for fear of retribution. 

East
#8 Fairmont St. vs. #4 Mercy - this is a great matchup between 2 teams that like to come out of nowhere and turn on the jets come tournament time. Kinf of feels like the Butler vs. VCU of DII Iba.  Both teams are better than their seed. I think Mercy takes it - they're returning from a NT run and are scary. 

#3 CSU Stanislaus vs. #10 U. of Sciences - two great veteran coaches matchup here. U. of Sciences have been on a tear since their horrific 2-8 non-conference start. I like Stanistlaus to win this one, and for U. of Sciences to be in the final four next season with all those great Jrs. and Sophs. Should be a very tight matchup. 

South

#1 Humboldt vs. #12 Columbus St.   - Those granola-crunching hippies up at Humblodt St. have a pretty tough super-class going on. I don't see how Columbus St. stands a chance - but that's what cinderella runs are all about. 

#3 Bellarmine vs. #10 Lees-McRae - dennyj has built a very solid team at Lees-Mcrae that is peaking late - but I never bet against greenhawks' coaching. I'd go with Bellarmine in a tight one. 

West
#1 CSUSB vs. #4 Wisconsin Parkside - defending champs Wisc. Parkside can win if they find a way to account for their major depth disadvantage - as far as starting talent, Wisc. Parkside is superior. I see W-Park pulling a close upset over the California super-class. 

#2 Seattle vs. #3 Belmont Abbey - as much as I'd LOVE for conf. mates Belmont Abbey to knock out the only team that beat us in Seattle, I think Seattle's team is very strong. 

2/13/2013 6:52 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
D2 Season 62 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.