Hall of Fame Size Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/14/2013 3:53:00 PM (view original):
While the fan's vote is just a popularity contest, the A/S bench is filled out by people who know baseball.

In his 15 year career, he made the A/S game 4 times.    He wasn't even the best 1B in his league for his entire career.
Jeff Bagwell was my favorite player and I followed his career closely.  The reason he didn't make many all-star teams is he was a terrific second half player, but not so good in the first half.  I read an article in SI and he attributed it to his funky stance.  Although there were some studs in the NL during his career, look closer at his MVP voting and you'll see he was one of the top players in the league.
1/15/2013 12:27 AM

the top 1% is the right size

there are under 300 in the Hall

there are maybe 15000 that played

so we are basically there

what should happen is a team of retired judges should meet once a year and consider one player to remove and one player to replace him with

they would get a crash course in basebology most of them

all you f*cknuts could make your arguments for six months

the judges would ruminate for six months, maybe talk amongst themselves, fire briefs back and forth, call each other names like imbecile and applejohn

and accept or reject the substitution

the writers and the veterans would just have to suck it when their applecart got upset by the cazy crackpot outside world

1/19/2013 5:31 PM
◂ Prev 123
Hall of Fame Size Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.