Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Now I am a Ravens fan and I picked Baltimore to win it all, but 9.5 points is a massive point spread especially given the teams histories against each other.  Seems like a good opportunity for betters to make some cash on Baltimore.
1/14/2013 4:12 PM
That is a pretty big gap.  These games are usually within a 7 point range.
1/14/2013 4:44 PM
It's an interesting line. I'd think the line will come down a bit as the game approaches, as most expect a close game.

Tangent:

Watching the game, I kept thinking about how much Schaub sucked and how he reminded me a lot of Delhomme (prior to his productive career ending in that Arizona playoff game). He kept missing the throws when it mattered and refused to throw it deep. Then I took a look at his boxscore.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT Sacks QBR
M. Schaub 34/51 343 6.7 2 1 1-9 58.7 90.6
Team 34/51 334 6.5 2 1 1-9 -- --

Looks like he had a decent game, when in reality he had a poor performance.
1/14/2013 5:16 PM
A friend asked me a few hours ago to guess the lines.  I was off on one, but right on the money with this Pats game.  I guessed Niners -1.  I'm actually surprised they're 4.5 pt favorites on the road.  
1/14/2013 5:20 PM
I'd take NE and give up the points.    That game just smells of a beatdown. 
1/14/2013 6:37 PM

HOME DAWGS

GIVE ME A GRAND ON FALCONS MONEYLINE

1/14/2013 6:50 PM
Patriots will destroy the Ravens ... Pats /Falcons Superbowl... is that early enough for you JPpatches?
1/14/2013 9:18 PM
Patriots win SB
1/14/2013 9:19 PM
I want to see anyone but the Patriots win the Super Bowl.

Tom Brady is already the most over rated QB in the history of the NFL, most of it based upon him being on teams that practically carried him to three SB wins.

If Brady manages to win another SB on a team full of talent, he'll get all the credit and will no doubt be lauded as the "best of all time" and sealing his status as most over-rated of all time beyond any shadow of a doubt.

1/15/2013 2:49 PM
Most overrated = Joe Namath.

I wouldn't call Brady overrated.  I actually don't think I know anyone that would.  What talent does he have around him, exactly, that other teams don't have?
1/15/2013 2:57 PM
Don't feed the troll.
1/15/2013 3:04 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/15/2013 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Most overrated = Joe Namath.

I wouldn't call Brady overrated.  I actually don't think I know anyone that would.  What talent does he have around him, exactly, that other teams don't have?
I mentioned this in another thread but he's had a coach that understood how to create match-up problems.    Manning has had coaches who said "Hey, make something happen out there!"
1/15/2013 3:13 PM
I think that has something to do with it.  But the coach also had no success until Brady started playing, so maybe Brady is also helping Bill.  Brady's still one of the best QBs in the league.
1/15/2013 3:17 PM

Oh, please. He's always played on teams that were full of talent in ways that made them winners.

When he went down and was out in the '08 season, Matt Cassell stepped in and the team went 11-5 and barely missed the playoffs. That's a season most teams would love to have, and all but a small part of the first game was without the over-rated QB.

Brady has always been protected by a stalwart offensive line that rarely lets him get touched. Any decent NFL QB can throw and win games if he's rarely touched.

In fact, when a defense DOES manage to get hits on Brady consistently, the Patriots lose most of the time. In both Super Bowls against the Giants Brady got hit and the team suddenly didn't score like it did before and they lost.

Right now Brady has two of the best tight ends in the game to catch his passes, plus the best slot receiver in the league.

Combine that with a great offensive line, and any decent NFL QB would thrive in that offense.

Great offensive lines have made him look stellar by keeping his jersey clean. Randy Moss carried him to records. Now Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker will bail him out when the offensive line gives him all day to throw.

Because he is the QB of a team that wins, he gets all the credit, and if you put any decent NFL QB in his place they'd do the same things.

By the way, AlCheez, I really believe what I'm saying here. This isn't some troll post. I don't post opinions I don't believe in.

Bellicheat is over rated too. Funny how he couldn't "create match-up problems" and win Super Bowls with the Cleveland Browns.
1/15/2013 3:23 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/15/2013 3:17:00 PM (view original):
I think that has something to do with it.  But the coach also had no success until Brady started playing, so maybe Brady is also helping Bill.  Brady's still one of the best QBs in the league.
I'm not disputing Brady's value at all.   Welker can run 4 yard outs all day against linebackers but Brady has to recognize it and get the ball to him.  But Belichick has built a contender without an offensive star(unless you count Gronk and he was a the 42nd pick in the draft) other than Brady.   The one time he had a legit star, Moss, he set a TD record.
1/15/2013 3:36 PM
1|2|3...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.