Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Clearly you choose not to read.  I've responded to your nonsense. 

NOTHING that you've posted debunks Brady as being one of the greatest of all time.  All you've made evident is that you truly hate him.  Which is pretty sad.

If you think you've befuddled me, it just shows how stupid you are.  There are 48 pages here.  Try reading what i've written.  You might get educated on how football works.

Oh wait....you won't read any facts.  You'll just respond by saying "It's kool-aid drinkers that create this overrated Brady....nothing i say will change that.".  Yeah, nothing you say will change that because all the facts, stats, trophy's, wins, everything proven you are a fool.

So...yes, you've befuddled me.  HAHA!!
2/13/2013 8:49 AM
49 pages now.....sad.

Que up one of biz mind bending responses.
2/13/2013 8:49 AM
You said Brady led the league in passing in 2005 and said that is evidence of his greatness.

I COMPLETELY DEBUNKED this when I pointed out how Brady's yardage total is the lowest league-leading figure in every NFL season between 2002 and 2012, and further pointed out that a lack of a running game forced the Pats to throw more.

You've offered absolutely no argument after that point and only put forth insults and insisted you are right and I am wrong, so clearly you are befuddled as to how to argue against it.

If I tried to learn anything about football based on what you've said, I'd be drinking Brady kool-aid by the gallon, because that's all you offer. There is no real fundamental substance to your "knowledge" of football - only your love for Brady and the Pats.

The facts and stats support the idea that Brady is over rated. The trophies and wins are the biggest REASONS he is over rated. Naturally you can't see this because you're a Brady worshipper.

So yes, I have befuddled you. I'm glad you can admit that - even if you think you're joking, we both know that's just a defense mechanism to hide the truth behind it.
2/13/2013 9:18 AM
Hmm...the Pats threw the ball much more than they ran it....maybe because they knew they had an elite QB and would rather THROW than run.

I have no clue what facts and stats prove Brady is overrated.  I mean Brady is 9th in yards, 5th in TDs, 3rd in rating and 9th in completion %.  Again...what stats show he's overrated?  Oh yeah, most playoff wins and 5 in career wins (1st in winning %).

The fact you still think the "facts" prove Brady is overrated just shows how blind you are.  99% of the people out there see Brady as one of the greats.  Not the greatest, but one of them.

I love that you think you've somehow "befuddled" me.  Just shows how arrogant you are. 

2/13/2013 12:06 PM
The threw the ball more than they ran it because the running game wasn't productive. Many teams do this no matter who is under center, so it doesn't suggest anything about how good the QB is or is not. Another foolish idea you put forward, DEBUNKED by me.

The idea that "99% of people out there see Brady as one of the greats" means NOTHING,  except maybe serving as evidence of how much hype is out there. Just because a certain number or percentage of people agree on something doesn't mean it is necessarily correct.

I don't think I've befuddled you - I HAVE befuddled you.

I totally DEBUNKED your last concrete assertion about Brady, and in this post I DEBUNKED another one. You don't know where to turn to find a plausible argument for your position.

That's called being befuddled. Telling me you're not befuddled is called denial.

Now that I've not only managed to educate you on football but also on vocabulary, hopefully we're done here.
2/13/2013 1:29 PM
Bwahahaah!!!!
2/13/2013 3:47 PM
That's your best argument for Brady's greatness? Thought so.
2/14/2013 9:10 AM
Was that like how you debunked the myth of Brady being a good cold weather QB? You know, you saw him throw a pick in the snow once...or something like that.
2/14/2013 10:14 AM
Overrated is tough to prove/disprove. 

Is Brady good?   Yes he is.   Overrated? Maybe.

It's been said more than once that Brady is to Pats fans as Jeter is to Yanks fans.

They're both very good players.  Much like Pats homers have taken this thread to 49 pages defending Brady, Yankee homers, if they were dumb like Bostonians, would do the same for Jeter.  Fortunately, Yankee fans aren't dumb like that so the thread would go something like this:

"Jeter is overrated."
"STFU, you're a fat pig Sux fan.  You don't know **** about baseball."
"Yeah, maybe, but Jeter is overrated."
"OK, dumbass.  Enjoy last place."

2/14/2013 10:27 AM
It's about as asinine an argument.
2/14/2013 10:31 AM
Again, "overrated" is subjective.

Take away championships.   Give Brady/Jeter the same career numbers in KC or Minnesota.    Are they still looked at the same way?   I don't think so. 
2/14/2013 10:35 AM
Mike, I think the biggest difference is that Jeter's contribution to championships is probably much less than Brady's.  Brady is the leader of the offense.

Also, if you took away championships, and then moved Brady to KC, (assuming he put up the same numbers) I would guess he'd be viewed similarly as he would in Boston.  Jeter, not so much.  He fits the "Yankee profile" of being a constant professional, always saying the right thing, etc.  The pinstripes fit his personality.
2/14/2013 10:41 AM
Mike, from the limited things I see when people quote him, you're being very kind to biz's argument.  I'm pretty sure he'd answer your first question "No" and your second question "Hell yes, more so than anyone in the history of sport"
2/14/2013 10:41 AM
Is Brady good?   Yes he is.   Overrated? Maybe.

Couple of issues here:

First, even the idea of whether Brady is "good" is obviously subjective and up for debate. You say he's "good", I say he's a bit above average, which in my mind is below the level of "good". So it's all up to how you interpret things.

Second, and more importantly, there is NO QUESTION Brady is over rated.

EVEN IF I were to agree Brady was "good" in the first place (and I'm not), he's STILL over rated, because there is a vast difference between him being "good" and being "elite". The former is what he may or may not be, the latter is what he is presented as being by many people - that HUGE difference is what makes him over rated.
It's been said more than once that Brady is to Pats fans as Jeter is to Yanks fans.

Jeter is over rated, too, but not by nearly as much as Brady. They both get a lot more hype than they deserve.

Plus people always applaud Jeter for playing for one team his whole career. I think that's laughable. If he had come up with the Pirates, the Yankees still would have bought him from them anyway, so he wouldn't have played the whole career with one team.
Take away championships.   Give Brady/Jeter the same career numbers in KC or Minnesota.    Are they still looked at the same way?   I don't think so.
EXACTLY.

They are over rated because their teams won titles and they play in big markets.
Also, if you took away championships, and then moved Brady to KC, (assuming he put up the same numbers) I would guess he'd be viewed similarly as he would in Boston.
Only because his hype is so massive that he is over rated everywhere, not just in NE.
2/14/2013 10:55 AM
I'm not really agreeing with biz.  From what I've seen, Brady sucks in his eyes.   That's not right.

I'll disagree about Brady in KC being viewed similarly without the championships.   Vehemently disagree. Fouts is viewed as "a really good passer who couldn't win the big one."     At the time, he was setting all sorts of records.    But that's because of "the system".     Is Fouts viewed as a top 5 all-time by anyone?   Without the championships, in a lesser market, Brady is a "system QB who can't win the big one."
2/14/2013 11:01 AM
◂ Prev 1...47|48|49|50|51...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.