Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 1:16:00 PM (view original):
I didn't call Brady a "bad guy".   I called him irresponsible with his dick at least once.
Who hasn't been, at least once?
1/31/2013 1:22 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/31/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
I didn't call Brady a "bad guy".   I called him irresponsible with his dick at least once.
I haven't been irresponsible with Tom Brady's dick.

I can't speak for MikeT or Nomar.
1/31/2013 1:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Well, in that case, you should probably hold Brady to a higher standard than your friends.  Like it or not, people know about Brady's "love child" while a limited few know about your bud's.

But that's probably a societal issue that has nothing to do with football.   I only brought it up, no idea why biz did, because nomar called Brady a model citizen or some crap.  He's not.
Ha!  Biz brought it up in one of his rants.  I just laughed at him. 
1/31/2013 1:27 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 1/31/2013 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 1/31/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
I haven't been irresponsible with Tom Brady's dick.

I can't speak for MikeT or Nomar.
Neither have I.
1/31/2013 1:28 PM
I know you didn't. Bis did.

And realistically, he might not have even been irresponsible. Condoms can break. Birth control pills can fail or be forgotten. He was in a serious relationship with her and she got pregnant. It's not like he was slipping it to a piece on the side and pulled a Marino.
1/31/2013 1:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Well, in that case, you should probably hold Brady to a higher standard than your friends.  Like it or not, people know about Brady's "love child" while a limited few know about your bud's.

But that's probably a societal issue that has nothing to do with football.   I only brought it up, no idea why biz did, because nomar called Brady a model citizen or some crap.  He's not.
biz said one of the reasons he roots against Brady was because he was a bad person.  I asked him why he felt that way.  He said something about his arrogance and the fact that he's a whore who makes children.  He's been irresponsible once that I know of, and has had children while married.
1/31/2013 1:31 PM

I don't particularly care about the circumstances.  Handle your business. 

1/31/2013 1:41 PM
I'm a fan of abortion. 

1/31/2013 1:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 1:41:00 PM (view original):

I don't particularly care about the circumstances.  Handle your business. 

Um ok. I'm pretty sure Brady does.
1/31/2013 1:51 PM
Thought you didn't know him?   Now you know what he cares about?   How peculiar.
1/31/2013 1:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Thought you didn't know him?   Now you know what he cares about?   How peculiar.
Once again...um...

You said "handle your business"

I don't know he does, but based on the fact that there are reports that he's in his kid's life and because money isn't an issue, I'm  "pretty sure" (but still don't know for  a fact) that he does.

Unbunch your panties.
1/31/2013 2:12 PM
Handle your business was meant to infer BEFORE bringing another high-profile bastard child into the world.
1/31/2013 2:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Handle your business was meant to infer BEFORE bringing another high-profile bastard child into the world.
I'm not comfortable judging him based on the fact that he had sex with his girlfriend. Maybe he didn't handle his business. Maybe he did. Only two people know.
1/31/2013 2:30 PM
Flacco considers himself to be an elite QB and rips people who think otherwise.

I know you'll disagree, but I think Flacco has more right to consider himself elite than Brady does.

Bearing in mind that all NFL QBs get too much credit for their team's wins and too much grief for their team's losses, the credit and grief Flacco gets is right about where it deserves to be. As for Brady, well, you already know I think he gets too much credit and not enough grief.
I’m not sure how you get this impression that Brady is so arrogant.  I see many others who are much more full of themselves.

There are plenty of examples of it. I'll give you one right now off the top of my head, first thing to pop into my mind, and I'll even post a link so you can't complain I made it up or there is no evidence for it.

Brady told Seahawk players during a game to come see him after the game when the Patriots won. That was very arrogant and it cost him when the Patriots actually lost, and one of the players he told to see him after the game - cornerback Richard Sherman - made sure to do just that, then mocked Brady on twitter.

Sure, Sherman was a bit arrogant in his response, but I was glad to see the pompous arrogant Brady get some of his own medicine.
You think my friend (cousin, actually) is a bad person for having a child with a woman he wasn’t committed to having a relationship with.  This is the only information you have on this person.

You CAN make judgements on someone being a bad person with limited information. For example, if you learned someone was a child molester or a serial killer and knew nothing else about them, would you think they were a bad person? Probably, yet you know only those things about them. 

Limited information doesn't mean you can't believe someone is a bad person (or good person, or whatever). You can then adjust your opinion of them if and when you gain more information.
If I were to make assumptions on the kind of person you are, (and remember I’ve had a lot more communication with you than you have with my cousin, or Tom Brady) would you consider that fair?

People often attempt to do just that to various others on internet message boards. When they try it with me, they are almost always completely wrong in their assumptions. Often this is because I do not fit whatever pattern they assume exists based on what they (often mistakenly) read into my posts.

So no, it wouldn't be fair, as you don't know anything about me and would be making assumptions. The difference is I'm not making assumptions. I'm going based on facts and making a judgement of the person based on those facts.
I grew up in a family where my parents were divorced in my early teenage years.  I will tell you that I was much better off than I would have been had my parents stayed together because they wanted to raise me under the same roof.  You should understand that before you start making bold proclamations about mandatory operations.

Sure, those kinds of scenarios happen all the time. There are a lot of factors at work, and none is bigger than your age at the time your parents split apart. The younger the child, the more they are affected by the split and the lack of having both parents in their lives on a regular basis.

As for my statements, I will not be discussing them, as I indicated.
Are you done addressing the statistical evidence against your argument and lack of evidence backing up your Spygate arguments?

As I said, the statistical evidence suggests Brady was slightly better than average as an NFL QB for most of his career, then had better seasons when he had better weapons (as would be expected). Put that together and the evidence says he's slightly better than average.

SpyGate has plenty of evidence, but I'm not going to waste time listing it all for everyone who doesn't want to bother looking it up for themselves. Please don't try to claim it never happened because that will only show you need to do research yourself.
Irresponsible.   One key component to poverty is single parent homes. I can't imagine that it's going to be a problem for Brady/Moynahan but, as they say "monkey see, monkey do."
You don't get a free pass on irresponsible behavior because you are rich and/or famous. Sure, money and fame help to handle issues that are presented, but it doesn't make your behavior more responsible or correct.
Most people aren't "bad people."  People are human.  They make mistakes.
I'll respectfully disagree with the first statement. The second two are true, but don't excuse anything.

People are inherently bad, but have the capability to do good. But again, I'm not going to get into some metaphysical debate about the nature of people, so that's all I'll say on this.

I haven't been irresponsible with Tom Brady's dick. I can't speak for MikeT or Nomar.

Now THAT made me laugh.

1/31/2013 3:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/31/2013 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 2:20:00 PM (view original):
I'm not comfortable judging him based on the fact that he had sex with his girlfriend. Maybe he didn't handle his business. Maybe he did. Only two people know.
If an out-of-wedlock child was his goal, he achieved it.

If that's the case, I'll say it "He's a bad guy."  One of the last ******* things we need is another high-profile bastard child.
1/31/2013 3:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...29|30|31|32|33...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.