Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Why would I want to feel offended or disrespected?

I have no idea why you would feel the way you do or want to feel that way. All I know is that you wouldn't be offended by a general statement unless you went out of your way to apply it to yourself or someone you know.
I'm trying to help you follow simple logic, and if you can't, I don't know what else to say.

You're applying the logic - I didn't. That's the point.

I made a general statement. You applied it to a specific person. Big difference.
I'm waiting for your evidence on how the Pats had walkthrough tapes on the Rams for the Super Bowl.  What I researched said that they did not.

I'm not wasting time finding a link to a news story over a decade old just to prove it to you. I just don't care that much about it.
I have you blocked, biz, because you're a long-winded bore.
Ah, yes, that's right. You block people because you think you're the dictator of the board who has the right to tell everyone else how they can respond to you, including how long their posts are allowed to be.

So you block me because you have delusions of grandeur on this board. It's bad_luck who blocks me (does he? I'm not sure since he's never said and I no longer read his posts) because he can't stand the frustrations he faced when I destroyed him in every argument he attempted with me.

Speaking of bad_luck, I can see he is posting in bursts again. I can't see what he posts, but my guess is that it not only has to do with me but somehow involves him attempting to argue against me even though he knows I can't see his posts. Maybe someone will tell me whether I'm right. While I am curious, I don't want to see his BS  for myself, so I'm not going to show his posts so I can read them.
2/1/2013 11:38 AM
I don't block you. I find you hilarious.
2/1/2013 11:41 AM
Is bad_luck going crazy over this? I bet he is.

Man, bad_luck, you make me laugh hard even when I don't read your posts. You are the ultimate unintentional entertainer.

2/1/2013 11:45 AM
Yes, I'm going nuts.
2/1/2013 11:47 AM
This is hilarious. I can manipulate bad_luck without even reading his responses.

Guarantee he responds to this post.

2/1/2013 11:49 AM

I have no idea why you would feel the way you do or want to feel that way. All I know is that you wouldn't be offended by a general statement unless you went out of your way to apply it to yourself or someone you know. 

You say you think people who have children in non-committed relationships are bad people.  I’m trying to figure out if you mean that by applying that to someone I know.  I know that my cousin is actually a warm, genuine person, and a fantastic father.  You didn’t.  You also don’t know if Tom Brady is.  That’s the point I’m trying to get to.

I'm trying to help you follow simple logic, and if you can't, I don't know what else to say.

I know. It’s frustrating that you can’t or won’t follow very basic logic.

I made a general statement. You applied it to a specific person. Big difference.

OK.  Let’s try this:

You: “Black people are bad people.”
Black person: “You called me a bad person?”
You: “No, I didn’t. Just because I make a generalization doesn’t mean it applies to you.”

Does that make sense?

I'm waiting for your evidence on how the Pats had walkthrough tapes on the Rams for the Super Bowl.  What I researched said that they did not.

I'm not wasting time finding a link to a news story over a decade old just to prove it to you. I just don't care that much about it.

You do care, because it’s a major reason (the biggest reason?) why you root against the Pats.  I figured you’d have evidence to back that up.  

2/1/2013 11:50 AM

Why are you guessing on what BL is saying?  You can check.

2/1/2013 11:52 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/1/2013 11:50:00 AM (view original):

You say you think people who have children in non-committed relationships are bad people.  I’m trying to figure out if you mean that by applying that to someone I know.  I know that my cousin is actually a warm, genuine person, and a fantastic father.  You didn’t.  You also don’t know if Tom Brady is.  That’s the point I’m trying to get to.

OK.  Let’s try this:

You: “Black people are bad people.”
Black person: “You called me a bad person?”
You: “No, I didn’t. Just because I make a generalization doesn’t mean it applies to you.”

Does that make sense?

You do care, because it’s a major reason (the biggest reason?) why you root against the Pats.  I figured you’d have evidence to back that up.  

Burnsy, your post is logical and well thought out.
2/1/2013 11:52 AM
Everything is bold.  I think I broke it.
2/1/2013 11:54 AM
Weird.
2/1/2013 12:01 PM

I stand by my statement of what I believe makes someone a bad person - they're still a bad person no matter what other qualities they have or what else they do. A serial killer is a bad person even if they are otherwise a warm, genuine person and a fantastic father. So is someone who has a kid they shouldn't be having after having sex they shouldn't be having.

I follow logic just fine. It simply doesn't apply here. The statement was generic by design, and you're trying to make it something it isn't.

Does that make sense?

No, because I wouldn't say that.

You're just looking to find offense in a general statement by applying it to yourself or someone you know.

I don't care. Apply all you want. I stand by the statement. Period.

2/1/2013 12:01 PM
Plus, Brady was in a committed relationship when his girlfriend got pregnant. So I'm pretty sure sex was OK by bistiza rules in this instance. 
2/1/2013 12:04 PM
Biz, it's actually very logical that YOU think there are times when basic logic doesn't apply.
2/1/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/1/2013 11:38:00 AM (view original):

I have you blocked, biz, because you're a long-winded bore.
Ah, yes, that's right. You block people because you think you're the dictator of the board who has the right to tell everyone else how they can respond to you, including how long their posts are allowed to be.

So you block me because you have delusions of grandeur on this board. It's bad_luck who blocks me (does he? I'm not sure since he's never said and I no longer read his posts) because he can't stand the frustrations he faced when I destroyed him in every argument he attempted with me.

Speaking of bad_luck, I can see he is posting in bursts again. I can't see what he posts, but my guess is that it not only has to do with me but somehow involves him attempting to argue against me even though he knows I can't see his posts. Maybe someone will tell me whether I'm right. While I am curious, I don't want to see his BS  for myself, so I'm not going to show his posts so I can read them.
Funny, you won't even bother to look for evidence of Spygate....kind of like you won't look at evidence of Brady throwing perfect passes.

You my friend are complete fool.  That's not an insult, it's fact.  Based on the stats (your posts) that you've given.

2/1/2013 12:30 PM
Evidence really isn't bistiza's thing. See his posts on the young earth.
2/1/2013 12:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...33|34|35|36|37...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.