Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Can't you say that about any QB?

Yes, but none of them are as over rated as Brady is.

The gap between what Brady ACTUALLY did and what he is PERCEIVED to have done is HUGE.

I'm merely shedding some light on some of the things he's done which are CONVENIENTLY FORGOTTEN by everyone who wants to claim he's great when he's really just good.
QB is important, but no one player wins a championship in football.

Unless he's Tom Brady, or so you'd think based on how much hype he gets.
Your argument is because you hate Brady.  That is all.

In a hilarious irony, it's actually quite the opposite.

The only reason I hate Brady is BECAUSE he's so over rated.

If people treated him fairly and evaluated him as if he were any other QB - addressing the good and bad things he does instead of just ignoring his failures - then I'd have no problem with him as a football player (I'd still think he's a womanizer, but so are a lot of people).

So rather than my argument of Brady being over rated being being based on my "hate" (your word), the "hate" is actually based on him being over rated.

Bottom line: Your statement is couldn't possibly be more wrong.
2/18/2013 1:23 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/17/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
I agree.....except for the arrogant ***** part.
The arrogant ***** part is non-judgmental.  If I was one of the top 5-10 QBs of all time, had nailed a bunch of supermodels, and was considered good-looking by just about every woman in the world, I'd probably be an arrogant ***** too.

But I'm not one of the top 5-10 QBs of all time.
2/18/2013 1:25 PM
Neither is Brady.
2/18/2013 1:37 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/18/2013 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Neither is Brady.
Hahaha!!  I love your posts.    You HAVE to reply to anyone that says Brady is a top QB.

"Neither is Brady!"
2/18/2013 5:58 PM
I don't have to reply, but that one was set up too perfectly to let it pass.

I'm glad you love the posts. You should. Now if you could only see past your own biases and realize the inherent truth in them, you might learn something too.

2/19/2013 8:34 AM
Yes, the inherent truth that Brady is a top 10 QB of all time.  EVERYONE except yourself sees that.  I'm pretty confident that when Brady retires, he'll be a 1st ballot HoF'er and considered one of the best ever. 

Keep on mashing away and wave your fists with rage.  Mr. Brady is still going to put up HoF'er numbers and possibly another Superbowl.
2/19/2013 8:58 AM
Posted by toddcommish on 2/18/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/17/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
I agree.....except for the arrogant ***** part.
The arrogant ***** part is non-judgmental.  If I was one of the top 5-10 QBs of all time, had nailed a bunch of supermodels, and was considered good-looking by just about every woman in the world, I'd probably be an arrogant ***** too.

But I'm not one of the top 5-10 QBs of all time.
Yeah...i can see that.
2/19/2013 8:59 AM
First, everyone doesn't agree on anything, so stop pretending they do.

Second, don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself.

Third, just because the same idiots who are stupid enough to buy into Brady's hype and give him MVP awards are also stupid enough to buy into his hype and put him in the HOF does NOT mean he deserves it.

People like you are the reason my favorite NFL team is whoever plays the Patriots. I hope they don't even make the playoffs, but if they do, when they lose that is my favorite NFL moment each season.

Don't worry - the only way Brady will ever win another Super Bowl is if his team mates carry him there and he manages to somehow not screw it up. Chances are it's not going to happen, even though they are the most talented team in the league most every year.

I'm hoping for another season-ending injury for Brady just so I can point out how replaceable he is when someone else comes in and the team doesn't miss a beat. Here's where someone attacks me just for saying that, but hey, I speak my mind and I'm not here to impress any of you, so don't come off acting like you're any better than me.

2/19/2013 10:26 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/19/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):
First, everyone doesn't agree on anything, so stop pretending they do.

Second, don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself.

Third, just because the same idiots who are stupid enough to buy into Brady's hype and give him MVP awards are also stupid enough to buy into his hype and put him in the HOF does NOT mean he deserves it.

People like you are the reason my favorite NFL team is whoever plays the Patriots. I hope they don't even make the playoffs, but if they do, when they lose that is my favorite NFL moment each season.

Don't worry - the only way Brady will ever win another Super Bowl is if his team mates carry him there and he manages to somehow not screw it up. Chances are it's not going to happen, even though they are the most talented team in the league most every year.

I'm hoping for another season-ending injury for Brady just so I can point out how replaceable he is when someone else comes in and the team doesn't miss a beat. Here's where someone attacks me just for saying that, but hey, I speak my mind and I'm not here to impress any of you, so don't come off acting like you're any better than me.

Again...showing your true colors.

You're right, i only speak for myself.....that said, i'm not blind and i can clearly see that everyone here but you also seeing Brady as a top 3-15 QB of all time.

People like me keep giving Brady MVPs because we're soooooo blind and dumb....Right?  I mean, it's not because he puts up amazing stats?

Ah...the whole team carries him and he doesn't screw it up.  Kind of like EVERY OTHER QB.  

Lets see, you hope for Brady to get another major injury.  You call him a terrible human and talk over everybody and say you're right an we're all wrong.  Yet, you say that i'm acting like i'm better than you.  Get a clue kiddo.
2/19/2013 11:38 AM
My true colors? I've never hidden my opinion on anything, so I'm not sure how it's showing my true colors.

Everyone here isn't everyone.

You didn't give Brady MVPs unless you're an MVP voter, and I doubt that.

Brady IS just like every other QB, except he gets credit for being amazing when he's just a bit above average.

I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, yet you think you are somehow more entitled since more people agree with you, and that's completely illogical. The only one who needs to get a clue is you.

2/19/2013 11:42 AM
You hid your opinion on the age of the earth.
2/19/2013 11:51 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/19/2013 11:42:00 AM (view original):
My true colors? I've never hidden my opinion on anything, so I'm not sure how it's showing my true colors.

Everyone here isn't everyone.

You didn't give Brady MVPs unless you're an MVP voter, and I doubt that.

Brady IS just like every other QB, except he gets credit for being amazing when he's just a bit above average.

I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, yet you think you are somehow more entitled since more people agree with you, and that's completely illogical. The only one who needs to get a clue is you.

Again...re-read this whole thread.  Then figure out who needs the clue.

2/19/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/19/2013 11:51:00 AM (view original):
You hid your opinion on the age of the earth.
THERE IT IS!!!

Can't help yourself, can you?
2/19/2013 12:09 PM
It was a joke, mr. always serious.
2/19/2013 12:29 PM
You do know what a joke is right? Maybe you didn't think it was funny because WIS forums are serious business for you. But I like trolling bis.
2/19/2013 12:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...55|56|57|58|59...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.