Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 1:05:00 PM (view original):
It proves Brady isn't a football god (see the other thread for more details).

And if Brady isn't the equivalent of a football god who can will ANY team - even a horrible one - to victory, then he's not as great as many of you say.

If he's not as great as many of you say, then you are over rating Brady.

Brady is over rated.

You know you are the only one calling him a football god...right?  Everyone is calling him great....not a god.
2/28/2013 1:25 PM
No one has specifically used that term, but that's what you are all doing. You present him as being far better than he is, ignore and fail to mention any of his many flaws, rate him higher than many players who are easily his better, and pretend he's this amazing QB who could help any team win in any condition.

You put Brady on a pedestal that is far higher than his actual place in the NFL, either now or in history. You act like he's some football god, so I made sure that's understood.

2/28/2013 1:33 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):
No one has specifically used that term, but that's what you are all doing. You present him as being far better than he is, ignore and fail to mention any of his many flaws, rate him higher than many players who are easily his better, and pretend he's this amazing QB who could help any team win in any condition.

You put Brady on a pedestal that is far higher than his actual place in the NFL, either now or in history. You act like he's some football god, so I made sure that's understood.

No.  We are presenting him as being better than what you are.  No one has ignored his faults or failures.  

Fact is that he is an amazing QB.  One of the best ever.  The fact you can't see that is sad.
2/28/2013 1:38 PM
What's sad is you can't see how your own bias means you over rate him even more than other people often do.
2/28/2013 1:42 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 1:42:00 PM (view original):
What's sad is you can't see how your own bias means you over rate him even more than other people often do.
Hello pot...meet kettle.

I've already said i'm bias towards Brady (your reading skill are brutal).  I've rated him 3 best QB of all time and 1 more Super Bowl win from being the G.O.A.T.

I also know that I've probably put him higher on the list than most.  
2/28/2013 1:45 PM
Except I wouldn't even view Brady as being great even if I had no bias, because at one point, I didn't have a bias either way with regard to Brady. I never thought he was great.

I developed the bias against him after getting sick of hearing so many people over rate his abilities. So when you think about it, people like you who over rate Brady are the very reason I don't like him.
2/28/2013 1:52 PM
If ya say so.....

*yawn*
2/28/2013 2:04 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):

<something something overated something kool-aid>

Seriously, repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true.  I provided an argument with evidence that suggests Brady didn't play well because of a specific system.  I'm waiting for your evidence.
2/28/2013 2:08 PM
I hate Tom Brady. **** that guy. I'm not dumb.
2/28/2013 2:16 PM
I already showed you the reasons people over rate Brady.
2/28/2013 2:56 PM
No...you haven't.  All you've showed is your blind hatred for the guy.  That is all.
2/28/2013 3:16 PM
Super Bowl wins. Postseason wins. Regular season wins. Stats inflated by a talented team and a specific system.

Those are all reasons people commonly over rate Brady.

When you cite those as reasons why he's great, all you're really doing is saying "I over rate Brady".

2/28/2013 3:20 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Super Bowl wins. Postseason wins. Regular season wins. Stats inflated by a talented team and a specific system.

Those are all reasons people commonly over rate Brady.

When you cite those as reasons why he's great, all you're really doing is saying "I over rate Brady".

Hahaha!!  Yeah, his SB wins, playoff win, regular season wins and stats scream of overrated QB play.

Montana was overrated and a system QB.  Young was overrated and a system QB.  Manning was overrated and a system QB.  Marino was overrated and a system QB....etc....etc..

2/28/2013 3:24 PM
"Stats inflated by a talented team and a specific system."

You've shown no evidence of this and continue to ignore the evidence against your argument.  ****, I feel like I'm repeating myself.
2/28/2013 3:32 PM
nomar,

Montana is a bit over rated because of wins. He's good, but he's over rated by most people due to the Super Bowls - just like any QB who wins several Super Bowls.

Young, Manning, Marino - all of them aren't over rated nearly as much precisely because people aren't drawn in by their Super Bowl wins. They've got two rings among the three of them, and yet they are all easily top 10 QBs all time. I would argue Manning is the GOAT, and Young and Marino aren't that far behind.

burnsy,

The stats speak for themselves. Brady takes fewer sacks than most QBs. Some of that is him throwing quickly, but a lot of it is the O-line. The wideouts greatly increased his abilities with their talents. A committed Randy Moss in his prime was unstoppable - you can't honestly think Brady gets to 50 TDs without him. Wes Welker is an incredible slot talent. There's no way you can truly believe Brady would be better without him, either.

2/28/2013 3:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...74|75|76|77|78...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.