Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Posted by burnsy483 on 3/13/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Sorry. Gotta **** on this Pats nonsense a little.

www.youtube.com/watch
Clearly that was Brady's fault....and why they lost.  I mean, the offensive line did their job the whole game.

Thanks for that video.....*******!
3/13/2013 10:36 AM
As a Giants fan, I have to do that every so often.
3/13/2013 10:39 AM
I still remember 2007.  Was watching it at a friends house.  Big party.

Just walked out in disgust and sat in my car.  My wife finally walked out and asked what way was i outside in the car.  I just told her to get in.  We're leaving.

Looking back...funny as hell.
3/13/2013 10:46 AM
I'm still waiting for anyone to describe even a single time Brady has come through in the clutch while under pressure. I said that it has happened on occasion, and with as much as some of you defend him, I certainly figured someone could come up with at least ONE of those times that I already told you exist.

The problem is those occasions are so rare it isn't easy to remember one, so you have to go do research to find one. The internet makes that easy, but yet still no one even lists one such occasion. It must be more challenging than I even thought.

The point is not that it never happens; by sheer luck any decent QB should pull off a play under pressure now and again. The point IS that Brady doesn't do it nearly as often as you assume he does.

nomar,

That is pretty funny. It seems Brady's ability to choke had implications reaching farther than he could imagine.
3/13/2013 1:39 PM
When I show you him doing it once, would you then say "Well, he can't do it consistently."?  If yes, what's the point?  Would you even look at a video clip if I showed it to you?
3/13/2013 1:43 PM
I didn't ask for a video clip, I asked for a description, just so I know that someone is at least trying to provide a REAL defense of Brady.

It's a FACT that he can't do it consistently; I'm merely establishing that no one is even willing to try to actually defend Brady - your whole argument is that I should buy into the hype from inflated stats and team wins because you say so. That's the same argument you all have - because you say so.

I've told you straight up Brady lacks the skills other great QBs have and what skills he does possess decline sharply when he's under pressure. No one has done a single thing to even attempt to make a legit argument against that, and if you try I will promptly squash it (provided I'm still interested in this because I'm sick of all the Brady lovers by now).

3/13/2013 2:09 PM
I find it hard to argue with 3 Super Bowl rings and 5 appearances, and I hate the guy with a passion.
3/13/2013 2:15 PM
I've shown statistics that describe what he's done.  You're the one who says "because I say so."

In the Rams comeback, he's under pressure at least twice, and actually has to scramble once.  In Game 16 against the Giants at 15-0, he scrambles before hitting Moss deep for a TD to put them up for good.  He was constantly under pressure against the Giants in the Super Bowl, so I assume when he led his team to the go-ahead score with 1:40 to go, he made plays under pressure.  

The 2 plays you describe QBs making big passes under pressure (Eli to Tyree and Ben) are terrible examples.  Eli threw up what was basically a 30 yard hail mary to Tyree.  Ben threw a pass he didn't want to throw.  

Can you name the great pass, in the clutch, under pressure, that Aaron Rodgers has made? Peyton Manning has made? It's not as simple as you think.
3/13/2013 2:17 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/13/2013 2:09:00 PM (view original):
I didn't ask for a video clip, I asked for a description, just so I know that someone is at least trying to provide a REAL defense of Brady.

It's a FACT that he can't do it consistently; I'm merely establishing that no one is even willing to try to actually defend Brady - your whole argument is that I should buy into the hype from inflated stats and team wins because you say so. That's the same argument you all have - because you say so.

I've told you straight up Brady lacks the skills other great QBs have and what skills he does possess decline sharply when he's under pressure. No one has done a single thing to even attempt to make a legit argument against that, and if you try I will promptly squash it (provided I'm still interested in this because I'm sick of all the Brady lovers by now).

Glad you told us straight up Brady lacks the skills.  Thank god you do not run the Patriots.

"provided i'm still interested in this"  translation...I won't read or watch it.  I will only defend my moronic blinded beliefs.
3/13/2013 2:36 PM
I find it hard to argue with 3 Super Bowl rings and 5 appearances, and I hate the guy with a passion.

I don't care how many times your team carries you to titles or a chance at titles - if I'm going to agree you're a great QB, you have to show you have more than slightly above average skills. You also have to show you can do more than ride the coat tails of your team mates and take all the credit just for being the QB.
He was constantly under pressure against the Giants in the Super Bowl, so I assume when he led his team to the go-ahead score with 1:40 to go, he made plays under pressure. 
His team mates finally began to carry him. That's what happened. His O-line finally held up on occasion and gave him time to find his amazing receivers.

I'm not naming any great plays other players have made because that's not what we're discussing here.

In fact, I'm done with this for now, and perhaps altogether.

Brady is over rated and always will be. I won't ever change my mind on that unless he starts living up to his hype, and to do that he'd have to be god himself so it ain't gonna happen.

3/13/2013 2:38 PM
Yes, obviously it was his teammates.  Of course.  "Because you say so."

What was the point of me bringing up instances when he did well under pressure if you're just going to dismiss it anyway?

And comparing him to other QBs is exactly the point.  It's your argument that he doesn't succeed under pressure in big spots like other QBs do.  It's completely relevant. 

3/13/2013 2:40 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/13/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
I've shown statistics that describe what he's done.  You're the one who says "because I say so."

In the Rams comeback, he's under pressure at least twice, and actually has to scramble once.  In Game 16 against the Giants at 15-0, he scrambles before hitting Moss deep for a TD to put them up for good.  He was constantly under pressure against the Giants in the Super Bowl, so I assume when he led his team to the go-ahead score with 1:40 to go, he made plays under pressure.  

The 2 plays you describe QBs making big passes under pressure (Eli to Tyree and Ben) are terrible examples.  Eli threw up what was basically a 30 yard hail mary to Tyree.  Ben threw a pass he didn't want to throw.  

Can you name the great pass, in the clutch, under pressure, that Aaron Rodgers has made? Peyton Manning has made? It's not as simple as you think.
Peyton Manning to Tracy Porter.....oops!
3/13/2013 2:42 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/13/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):

I don't care how many times your team carries you to titles or a chance at titles - if I'm going to agree you're a great QB, you have to show you have more than slightly above average skills. You also have to show you can do more than ride the coat tails of your team mates and take all the credit just for being the QB.
He was constantly under pressure against the Giants in the Super Bowl, so I assume when he led his team to the go-ahead score with 1:40 to go, he made plays under pressure. 
His team mates finally began to carry him. That's what happened. His O-line finally held up on occasion and gave him time to find his amazing receivers.

I'm not naming any great plays other players have made because that's not what we're discussing here.

In fact, I'm done with this for now, and perhaps altogether.

Brady is over rated and always will be. I won't ever change my mind on that unless he starts living up to his hype, and to do that he'd have to be god himself so it ain't gonna happen.

You're finally done with this?  Thank god!

Shame we didn't change your mind.  His chances to make the Hall just got harder!

3/13/2013 3:02 PM (edited)
I would bet $ he's not done.  But I'd be happy if he were.  I'm having a problem moving on from this.
3/13/2013 2:47 PM
It's like a scab.  You know you shouldn't pick at it....but you just can't stop.
3/13/2013 3:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...79|80|81|82|83...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.