Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Welker's off the team.  Without him helping Brady, I'm sure Brady will straight up suck next year.
3/13/2013 5:01 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/13/2013 1:39:00 PM (view original):
I'm still waiting for anyone to describe even a single time Brady has come through in the clutch while under pressure. I said that it has happened on occasion, and with as much as some of you defend him, I certainly figured someone could come up with at least ONE of those times that I already told you exist.

The problem is those occasions are so rare it isn't easy to remember one, so you have to go do research to find one. The internet makes that easy, but yet still no one even lists one such occasion. It must be more challenging than I even thought.

The point is not that it never happens; by sheer luck any decent QB should pull off a play under pressure now and again. The point IS that Brady doesn't do it nearly as often as you assume he does.

nomar,

That is pretty funny. It seems Brady's ability to choke had implications reaching farther than he could imagine.
I showed you the video of him leading the Pats down the field to win their first title...with zero timeouts.  Just look at how composed he is there.

Ninth all time in fourth quarter comebacks.  Did you watch the Pats/49ers game this year?   
3/13/2013 11:59 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 3/13/2013 3:04:00 PM (view original):
It's like a scab.  You know you shouldn't pick at it....but you just can't stop.
It's one of the dumbest arguments ever made and I'm really ****** at him that he is making me defend the ******.
3/14/2013 12:01 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/13/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Welker's off the team.  Without him helping Brady, I'm sure Brady will straight up suck next year.
Until all of a sudden it's Donte Stallworth carrying Brady and the Pats. 

Finally given a chance, Stallworth's skills rub off on Brady, allowing him to win the MVP again.
3/14/2013 12:02 AM
Brady's production will ABSOLUTELY suffer without Welker. The only way Brady stands a chance to put up similar numbers is if the Pats find someone else who can play anywhere close to Welker's level in that role. If they don't address that need, Brady's numbers WILL show declines. When it happens, you Brady lovers will ignore it or find an excuse, but if I even care at that point I'll make sure to point it out and watch you do that anyway.
3/14/2013 11:53 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/14/2013 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Brady's production will ABSOLUTELY suffer without Welker. The only way Brady stands a chance to put up similar numbers is if the Pats find someone else who can play anywhere close to Welker's level in that role. If they don't address that need, Brady's numbers WILL show declines. When it happens, you Brady lovers will ignore it or find an excuse, but if I even care at that point I'll make sure to point it out and watch you do that anyway.
So...if Brady is awesome again this year with Danny Amendola at WR will you admit he's a great QB?
3/14/2013 12:00 PM
If Hernandez and Gronk both go down with injuries or otherwise don't play and then Brady doesn't lose a step and keeps roughly the same stats as last year - THEN I will say he's great.

But that won't happen, so I'm not afraid of having to say it.

3/14/2013 12:04 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/14/2013 12:04:00 PM (view original):
If Hernandez and Gronk both go down with injuries or otherwise don't play and then Brady doesn't lose a step and keeps roughly the same stats as last year - THEN I will say he's great.

So if all his offensive weapons get injured and he doesn't see any drop off at all, THEN you'll admit Brady is great?

You see how completely stupid that is, right?
3/14/2013 12:11 PM
Or will you just say, "yeah Gronk tore his ACL on the first snap of the preseason, and Amendola wasn't anywhere near the receiver Welker was, but Brady was only good in 2013 because his line gave him time to throw."
3/14/2013 12:12 PM
Damn, I thought he said he was done.
3/14/2013 12:35 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/14/2013 12:04:00 PM (view original):

If any QB lost their best 3 options from the previous year, that QB would have worse stats.
3/14/2013 12:38 PM
I think the bigger question is "What do you think of Amendola?" Because if you don't think much of him, and Brady still puts up numbers similar to what he's done the last few years, then Welker clearly isn't the difference maker you think he is.
3/14/2013 12:39 PM
I'm not a Pats fan, but this is an excellent article on the Patriots' thought process on these deals:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9051254/bill-barnwell-second-day-nfl-free-agency
3/14/2013 12:52 PM
It's a good article, and I get it.  But there's no gurantee Amendola will blossom into what Welker was for the Pats.  If the Pats lose the title game to the Broncos, and Welker goes 10 for 150 while Amendola does what he normally does, I don't know if it's the right decision.  They're taking a risk.
3/14/2013 1:02 PM
If Amendola does what he normally does he'll be injured and not be playing in that game.
3/14/2013 1:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...80|81|82|83|84|85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.