How about that..... Topic

greeny9, if green tech was actually economically viable, those evil corps would be all over it.

And your claims are completely BS.  They cease to exist without subsidies, and even with subsidies, they cannot compete with fossil fuels.  There is not enough money in the world to solve this problem with green tech.  No developing country is going to let their people live in the dark because of global warm...oh, my bad climate change predictions that have been shown to be fantasy.

Wake the **** up and join us here in the real world.  You live in a fantasy.

4/23/2013 2:16 PM
"if green tech was actually economically viable, those evil corps would be all over it."

Precisely.  Profit margin doesn't exceed current business model, so instead, do everything possible to bury it, even if it is safer energy.  Earth be damned, boards of directors need their trillions to ensure they are on the first ship off this time bomb.
4/23/2013 2:47 PM
So your solution is to bankrupt everyone.  Good plan.
4/23/2013 4:20 PM
Sure, if it will destroy the 1% I am all for it - let them see how it is to struggle financially.
4/23/2013 5:17 PM
Baker, unless you can prove to me you know what you are talking about re green tech I am not listening to you.  I already told you that I actually worked in green tech.  You?  All you know is what Fixed news tells you.  And what your faulty logic is telling you.  Pittsburgh kid hit it right on the nose there, greentech isnt as profitable as status quo so business wont go for it.

And you are ******** and moaning about subsidies?  Wow, you really are clueless arent you?  Oil companies are amongst the most subsidized in the entire world, heck Id say if you count all the true costs of oil then oil companies are easily the most subsidized in the world.  If we put oil and greentech on an even footing, that is erase all subsidies completely, then assign costs according to many criteria not simply the cost of making the energy, but also have the energy pay for all the PROVEN negatives that it is responsible for then I have 0 doubt that green energy would easily be cheaper then fossil energy.

You keep saying bankrupt everyone, but have yet to prove how it would in fact do that.

4/23/2013 11:11 PM
I actually work for an energy corporation.   CORPORATION!!   ENERGY!!      I only yell it to send Pitt and jiml to hiding under their beds.    And if there was green technology anywhere remotely efficient and cost effective, who do you think would be pouring money into it?   That's right, the people and corporations who have the MONEY to do it.    So I assume you don't know what you are talking about when you write anything that has to do with the economy, finance, energy, the past, the future, and what a corporation is.  

'Subsidies' go to ethanol, solar, and wind energies, because they make no money, but the government wants someone, anyone, to keep working on them.   A point that actually has some merit, if done correctly.     Oil companies do not get subsidies.  They get what exploration, power, mining, milling, and manufacturing companies all get - tax deductions the same way you get a deduction on a mortgage - to encourage improvement and offset the cost of more efficient methods and machinery.    So when you mention subsidies for big oil, you are wrong.

Oh, and please stop saying 96% of scientists agree - it's an absurd and made-up number, that has to have idiotic filters in place to make it work.    Try science;  it's a good framework for adding knowledge.    When you squeeze it into self-absorbed partisan hacks, who's motto is "The facts don't fit our assumptions, so the facts are wrong", or even worse, the get-rich Goracles and cronies, you are moving into the far reaches of stupid.
4/24/2013 2:43 AM (edited)
You would know about the far reaches of stupid, you and the rest of the republifucks reside there. 
4/24/2013 9:04 AM
So Slow, you are saying that if green tech and green energy were cost effective (but still not as profitable as status quo) corporations would be pouring money into it?  really?  And why would they do that?  Because inside they are all good caring thoughtful tree huggers?  right, go sell your brand of crazy to other people, 'cause it aint working here.

subsidy, tax deductions whatever in the end its all the same thing.  My question is why do corporations that make more money then God need to have tax deductions?  Especially when the stuff they make needs so much infrustructure, and does so much damage to well everything.  (I am talking about fossil energy ofcourse)  A real and accounting of the true costs of everything needs to be made so that we can stop poisoning the planet, and live sustainably.

Really?  96 is made up eh?  Fixed news tells you that?  Or one of umpteen other corporations tell you that?  I imagine so, they all dont want people to know the truth.  But you go on trumpet their lies just like Baker, Swamp and the rest off the righty deniers.  As I said before we arent buying your brand of crazy here, so go peddle it elsewhere.
4/24/2013 9:28 AM
Wow, you really have gone over the edge.   I guess you ought to be pitied rather than ridiculed.   You're like every conspiracy theorist rolled up into one big angry ball of lunatic fringe.   
You should back away from all things technical before you hurt yourself.  Sit quietly under your earth-mother tree canopy and try to become one with the undergrowth.   It's better that way.   

4/24/2013 9:50 AM
It's all a big conspiracy.  Why green tech is not more widespread.  What a ******* whack job.
4/24/2013 10:16 AM
How much did Fisker lose on every ******* car?  How much do they lose on every ******* Volt?  None of this stuff is worth ****.  Spain's dumped billions into green tech, how is that working out for them?  How many ******* govt subsidized green tech companies can't make a ******* dime?

greeny, I know you have to pray at the green alter because you work for a green tech company, but pull your ******* head out of your ***. 
4/24/2013 10:18 AM
Says the guy with his head so far up his *** he can see his heart beating. 
4/24/2013 10:31 AM
Why does swamp call me bitter when slowmo
and baker spew some of the nastiest rhetoric in the pit? More of that pot kettle thing I guess.
4/24/2013 10:58 AM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 4/23/2013 4:20:00 PM (view original):
So your solution is to bankrupt everyone.  Good plan.
I bet 500 years ago you'd have been arguing the world was flat.
4/24/2013 12:43 PM
Hey pittkid, you know what the scientific consensus was 500 years ago?  That the earth was flat.  Sorta sounds like the argument you guys make all the time, that "all the scientists agree" re global warmi...oh, my bad, "climate change".  So I guess your crowd is the flat earthers.

And seriously, when you've got to rebrand because you're predictions are so ******* bad, it's time to give up.

4/24/2013 4:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...28 Next ▸
How about that..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.