How many games reveals your team? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Not that it matters but I personally have never believed that the programmers have "spiced" things up a bit with a tweak here or there to any particular player season. I very rarely post stuff on this site but got involved ONLY because of the insult...stuff like that just ****** me off.
1/27/2013 2:29 PM
Frankly, I think it would be kinda cool if they COULD tweak the programming a little.  For example, you have a guy go 2-3 or 3-4 a couple games in a row; maybe he's on a hot streak!  Tweak his numbers a little for the next few games to simulate his 'seeing the ball really well right now'.  The downside, of course, is slumps.  Maybe it's best just to leave it alone ...
1/27/2013 4:46 PM
 I have noticed a tendency for players picked up on the waiver wire to underperform vis a vis thier usual sim performance.  Since I mostly play mid-cap AAA leagues I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from a good range of player/seasons.

Since most players on the wire were castoff for underperforming it leads me to beleive they have been tranked.  As an example I don't think every '55 Williams is tweaked, but I think some randomly are.  Same for other players.

1/27/2013 8:26 PM
Posted by ribant4 on 1/27/2013 8:26:00 PM (view original):
 I have noticed a tendency for players picked up on the waiver wire to underperform vis a vis thier usual sim performance.  Since I mostly play mid-cap AAA leagues I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from a good range of player/seasons.

Since most players on the wire were castoff for underperforming it leads me to beleive they have been tranked.  As an example I don't think every '55 Williams is tweaked, but I think some randomly are.  Same for other players.

I used to vehemently think there were tweaks, now my stance has moderated to the logical.... I don't know. No one knows for sure ....How could we and why would they tell us if they did. how strange would that be. There are many reasons for them to want to enhance the product.  One being even with the large range of probability in performance outcomes, It's still not enough for the people who  incessantly complain about OLs being trite and hackneyed.  Cointelpro....The Tuskegee experiment.....Lance Armstrong.....Tyson foods.....Skechers...The Game show 21.....Priest before 10 years ago.  The people that claim they know with absolute certainty that they aren't doing anything are more naive and presumptuous than those that simply wonder.  I actually hope they are doing something to make it more realistic because that means they give a **** Goodluck in zubinsums theme league. I can't seem to pull away from your team.  I've won my last 3 theme leagues so It's ok if you let me win this one too. haha.
1/28/2013 9:41 AM (edited)
The Drunkards Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives by Leonard Mlodinow

We see patterns that aren't there because we are built to see patterns.

1/28/2013 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 12
How many games reveals your team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.