WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 6:04:00 PM (view original):
wanting assault weapons so you can defend yourself against wild boars???Get the **** outta here...

Don't want your kids murdered at school?   Keep them the **** home.

Problem solved.  You're welcome.

1/21/2013 6:22 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/21/2013 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 1/21/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/21/2013 6:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 12:35:00 AM (view original):
Your opinion that reducing guns reduces crime isnt evidence.

The Clinton gun ban didnt reduce crime or shootings.

Counties with gun restrictions have high crime and counties with more gin freedom have less crime.
stop being so disingenuous (look it up). The ban on assault weapons is intended to reduce one particular type of crime. No one is claiming that all crime is going to go down. Intelligent people are trying to reduce the opportunity for some nut case to gun down large numbers of people in a short amount of time. Like at a school, a mall, or a theater.  Muggings, car jackings, rape, assaults, etc. will not be affected.Happy?
So is there any evidence to support the AW ban did anything to reduce shootings?

I am not willing to just jump over this. This isnt some oddball issue.

I can show a logical connection between "Fire in a movie house" and panic.

I dont see the same connection between AW ban and shootings.
Asked and answered.

Stop pretending that your question has not been addressed.
it has not.

The left has always went with "Guns cause crime"

They never had to prove it.

If it was answered than repeat the answer.

If it cannot be answered and you dont know how to respond stay silent.
The AW ban was ineffective because it didn't take the illegal guns out of circulation.

Take as many of the illegal guns out of circulation as you can, it logically follows that that they will be involved in less shootings.

Feel free to deny that with your ultra right-wing NRA Kool Aid bullshit.
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Wouldn't two 9m handguns and a backpack full of 7 shot clips allow one to gun down large numbers of people in a short amount of time?

I think it would.  And handguns are a hell of a lot easier to conceal.    What do we ban now?

1/21/2013 6:24 PM
So slippery slope's your favorite, huh?

Can't ban AW because you can kill with handguns.
Can't ban handguns because you can kill with knives.
Can't ban knives because you can kill with bricks.
Can't ban bricks because wild boars might eat your children.
Can't ban children because abortion is murder.
Can't ban murder because criminals don't care about your laws.

1/21/2013 6:31 PM

I just want people to be honest about what they want.    If it's to protect children at schools, quit ******* around with gun laws and talk about security at a school.   If it's to ban specific types of guns, quit saying "Somebody think about the children!!!!"    I know it's tough but just be ******* honest.

And, FWIW, I have no problem with abortion.   I'd force abortions on people.  

1/21/2013 6:36 PM
In Canada, we use slingshots on boars and it works just fine.
1/21/2013 6:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 6:36:00 PM (view original):

I just want people to be honest about what they want.    If it's to protect children at schools, quit ******* around with gun laws and talk about security at a school.   If it's to ban specific types of guns, quit saying "Somebody think about the children!!!!"    I know it's tough but just be ******* honest.

Maybe added security in schools isn't the best solution?

Maybe people really want criminals to have a harder time accessing assault weapons?

And, FWIW, I was just making fun of you, I don't think abortion has anything to do with this thread.
1/21/2013 7:00 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 1/21/2013 6:40:00 PM (view original):
In Canada, we use slingshots on boars and it works just fine.
Unlikely.    Pigs won't go near a canuck.   They can't take the smell.
1/21/2013 7:08 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/21/2013 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 6:36:00 PM (view original):

Maybe added security in schools isn't the best solution?

Maybe people really want criminals to have a harder time accessing assault weapons?

And, FWIW, I was just making fun of you, I don't think abortion has anything to do with this thread.
Securing schools seems like a great idea.   If you can't get on school grounds, I doubt you're killing loads of children.

I don't really care about HCAW but outlawing specific guns doesn't solve a problem.  That's not what's at stake and you know it.

Anti-abortion and freedom to own guns are considered conservative talking points.   Just wanted to make sure you knew I don't care about abortion.
1/21/2013 7:12 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/21/2013 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 1/21/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/21/2013 6:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 12:35:00 AM (view original):
Your opinion that reducing guns reduces crime isnt evidence.

The Clinton gun ban didnt reduce crime or shootings.

Counties with gun restrictions have high crime and counties with more gin freedom have less crime.
stop being so disingenuous (look it up). The ban on assault weapons is intended to reduce one particular type of crime. No one is claiming that all crime is going to go down. Intelligent people are trying to reduce the opportunity for some nut case to gun down large numbers of people in a short amount of time. Like at a school, a mall, or a theater.  Muggings, car jackings, rape, assaults, etc. will not be affected.Happy?
So is there any evidence to support the AW ban did anything to reduce shootings?

I am not willing to just jump over this. This isnt some oddball issue.

I can show a logical connection between "Fire in a movie house" and panic.

I dont see the same connection between AW ban and shootings.
Asked and answered.

Stop pretending that your question has not been addressed.
it has not.

The left has always went with "Guns cause crime"

They never had to prove it.

If it was answered than repeat the answer.

If it cannot be answered and you dont know how to respond stay silent.
The AW ban was ineffective because it didn't take the illegal guns out of circulation.

Take as many of the illegal guns out of circulation as you can, it logically follows that that they will be involved in less shootings.

Feel free to deny that with your ultra right-wing NRA Kool Aid bullshit.
Gun bans only impact law abiding citizens.

Are you claiming that Obama is suggesting taking away citizens guns?

Remember a man in a truck with some fertilizer and fuel oil took out over a thousand. Some Muslims with box cutters killed over 3 thousand.

In a free society it is almost impossible to prevent someone from killing people.

If you want to abolish the 2nd and take away everyone's guns you will not make people safer.
1/21/2013 8:20 PM
More Americans killed by guns since 1968 than in all of America's wars combined. That's my point. If not in schools, then malls, or on the streets of Chicago gun deaths are everywhere. Something either needs to be done about it or else we forget about it and move on.
1/21/2013 8:30 PM
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 8:30:00 PM (view original):
More Americans killed by guns since 1968 than in all of America's wars combined. That's my point. If not in schools, then malls, or on the streets of Chicago gun deaths are everywhere. Something either needs to be done about it or else we forget about it and move on.
So take away suicides and accidents.

Take away all the urban drug crime.

The problem seems a little less dramatic.
1/21/2013 8:51 PM
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Well, at least you're being honest.  This has nothing to do with HCAW per se, you want all guns banned. 

Yeah, that's stupid. 
1/21/2013 9:04 PM
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 6:04:00 PM (view original):
wanting assault weapons so you can defend yourself against wild boars???Get the **** outta here...
I am so glad there is someone else how finds this equally as amusing.

Your logic is based on wild boards in Staten Island...
1/21/2013 9:11 PM

Why do you keep mentioning Staten Island?   Do you think everyone lives on Staten Island?   Or are you simply retarded?

1/21/2013 9:19 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.