Guaranteed Start WE Drop Topic

I have started this guy 6 out of 11 games and he sent me an email upset and his WE fell from 99 to 50. I plan on starting him the rest of the year but started another guy for a few games against top opponents. Will his WE come back if I start him the rest of the season?

I only recruited him with his WE of 99 as he still has High potentials in ATH & LP.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2354834

1/19/2013 5:57 PM
I wish players would transfer during the season when coaches don't fulfill promises.
1/19/2013 6:12 PM
Never seen a drop like that. Crazy
1/19/2013 6:59 PM
i do believe the WE will come back. Ive had that before he dropped 33
1/19/2013 8:16 PM
yeah, make sure he starts every game until he tells you hes happy and his work ethic is restored, and you'll be fine. 
1/19/2013 8:19 PM

1) When you sat in his living room, eating his Mom's Pillsbury bundt cake and promising his Dad he'd be a superstar, they believed you. 

2) When his parents  drove overnight from Colorado to Hanover, Indiana to see him play, they didn't expect to see him on the bench.

3) Unfortunately, you can't stop future recruits from reading his Grandma's blog, "Liar, Liar!"

1/20/2013 7:13 AM (edited)
I knew there was some wiggle room on how many games you could sit him without getting a penalty. Hopefully it comes back, he is much more intriguing with 99 WE.

I have no problem starting him the rest of the games, just sat him against a few top opponents.
1/20/2013 9:33 AM
I did the same thing this season on accident. I'll revisit this thread and say if WE ever recovered.
1/20/2013 4:58 PM
Well I have started him every game since and he just sent me a message saying he no longer regrets his decision. His WE went up to 85, so not quite back up to 99, but much better than the drop to 50. He has started 10 of 15 games.

1/21/2013 7:28 AM
Posted by gvsujulius on 1/21/2013 7:28:00 AM (view original):
Well I have started him every game since and he just sent me a message saying he no longer regrets his decision. His WE went up to 85, so not quite back up to 99, but much better than the drop to 50. He has started 10 of 15 games.

...and Grandma has now changed the title of her blog to  "Liar, Lover".   You rascal!

1/21/2013 7:56 AM

That still seems like too low of a drop to me.  Promise to start every game and he only gets 66%?  Should at least be a 33% drop to match the thrown of lies his coach is sitting on.
1/21/2013 7:59 AM
Posted by paynebrow on 1/19/2013 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Never seen a drop like that. Crazy
Why is it crazy?  He was promised starts.  He didn't get that promise fulfilled.  He got upset and his WE dropped.  I personally think it should have bottomed out at 1 myself, but hey, that's just me.
1/21/2013 12:14 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 1/21/2013 7:59:00 AM (view original):

That still seems like too low of a drop to me.  Promise to start every game and he only gets 66%?  Should at least be a 33% drop to match the thrown of lies his coach is sitting on.
As opposed to "throne"? Anyway, I agree entirely with your point and actually I think a 33% drop to match the games started percentage is a bit lenient.  Bottom that WE out at 1, have the player transfer, and restore his WE back to where it was originally AFTER the season is over and the player has transferred.  Make promises matter.  Make them significantly more powerful during recruiting and make them be fulfilled ENTIRELY during the season or watch the player leave for greener pastures.  And make the accompanying Rep hit that the coach suffers actually mean something also.
1/21/2013 12:20 PM
emy, I actually agree with everything you say about promises. However under the current system everyone knows there is a little wiggle room and will take advantage of it.
1/21/2013 1:27 PM
Certainly Julius.  Doesn't mean it's right though and doesn't mean it couldn't/shouldn't be changed.
1/21/2013 2:50 PM
12 Next ▸
Guaranteed Start WE Drop Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.