Jobs - Wooden D3 Topic

I'm looking to move back to D3 and wanted to apply for Millsaps, but even though it is currently sim-coached it is not allowing me to apply. Anybody have an idea why that may be?
1/21/2013 11:41 AM
The answer just came to me, must be reserved.
1/21/2013 11:44 AM
bdpoor - you should come check out the MIdwest in Wooden. Almost always full of all-human coaches, very competitive, tons of recruiting cash. We have 2 openings...
1/21/2013 12:53 PM
If you're looking to drop back to D3, then look at Minnesota as well.  St. Olaf & St. Mary's (MN) are available.
1/21/2013 1:10 PM
Come join S. Cal conference
1/21/2013 1:27 PM
5 human coaches, trying to build that up. We will be receiving a good amount of extra recruiting money for the postseason success the conference had.
1/21/2013 1:28 PM
if your coming back to wooden you should consider the usa south conference we have 4 openings and are try to fill up the conference we have good recruiting money every season and we sent 1 team to the elite 8 and another to the sweet 16(me), we also sent a team to the PI title. so why not come to the usa south and help us get to the top.
1/21/2013 1:39 PM
I would take a hard look at the CCIW as well...8 teams in the postseason (4 in NT, 4 in PIT)
1/21/2013 2:12 PM
It seems just about every DIII conference in Wooden wants new coaches...
1/21/2013 2:24 PM
Because Wooden is that ultra-competitive :)

My as well review here since Wooden is about to open...

You've got your POWER conference (Upstate)
You've got your power conferences (Midwest, Michigan, Minnesota)
You've got your mid-majors who are almost just about as good as the power conferences (NJ, USA South, CCIW)
You've got your mid-major who's only reason they get their own line just under the mid-majors is too many sims (SoCal)
Then you've got everybody else...

All you have to do is check out the past couple NT results to see that the big 4 don't completely dominate the title scene like they used to as the world gets better and deeper. That's the DIII Wooden review.

edit: Pats, we (USA South) technically have 3 openings because Ferrum was already reserved.
1/21/2013 2:40 PM (edited)
Excellent review, jsa. The mid-majors really have done a fantastic job of challenging the Big Four. In a few years we might be talking about the "Big 7" (or Big 8 if SoCal gets more top coaches). 

You really can't go wrong picking a conference in Wooden. But, I will say that the St. Olaf (Minnesota) job is likely the best available right now. A really good coach decided to move on and left a ton of talent behind. No rebuilding necessary. 
1/21/2013 2:50 PM
Submitted my res to Louisiana, but for anyone looking to move up U of I in the GLV should be postseason-bound the next 2 seasons.
1/21/2013 4:14 PM
I am also leaning toward coming back to wooden. Coached St. Lawrence for 10+ seasons back in the day. Not sure how I'd feel taking over one of their rivals...Pitino style. Looking at University Conference or Midwestern. I imagine TX has a nice recruiting pool for D2-3 talent.
1/21/2013 5:32 PM
Applied to University conference school. Damn I hate rebuilds.
1/21/2013 6:18 PM
I hear ya kev, looks like we'll be conference mates
1/21/2013 6:57 PM
123 Next ▸
Jobs - Wooden D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.