SNL Alum-Movies League (Closed) No Interest? Topic

Saturday Night Live Alumni - Movies League

Pick your Division, name your team based on one of the Movies that your division leader appeared. Once a division is
filled, that division is CLOSED! (Unless you can convince one of those teams to switch divisions, giving you that spot? I
must receive sitemail confirmation from member giving up their spot)

-80M cap
-NO - Clones, Trades
-YES - DH both leagues, Waiver Wire, AAA (see below)
-Live games limited to current series

Your roster will be made up using these limits - the purpose of these limits are simple - I want each team to USE their
renamed AAA players, to emphasize the Movie Theme! FYI - Use your cap $ wisely & these limits MUST be kept up, keep
this in mind if you use the WW for transactions!

*Batters/Fielders - 8M Minimum Salary, **Except** 6M Minimum for Catchers ONLY (Catchers dont have HIGH salaries)
*Starting Pitchers - 9M Minimum Salary
*Relief Pitchers - Must be Under 3.5M salary Maximum
*The rest of your lineup will consist of Below 300k players, to be sent Down & replaced by your AAA player selections

You will Pick-your-own (12 players/6 Pitchers) AAA players - Above Average quality (there are plenty of GOOD, usable
players to pick from) - NO cap for AAA. After the league is filled & schedule is announced, you will then Re-Name your AAA
using your Movie Theme - using Charactors, Actors/Actresses, Movie Quotes, etc.

League # will be generated as soon as there is a significant interest & half the teams are full?

If there is anything I left out, or if there are any questions, Please feel free to ask me! Let's have some SNL FUN!
1/21/2013 12:44 PM
Divisions to choose from, ONE team for each Movie (Please) - so ONLY 1 Caddyshack, sorry? These divisions are SET, the only random part is which divisions are put into AL/NL -

JOHN BELUSHI (The Samauri) Division
1. Animal House - dodgebob

DAN AYKROYD (Jane, You ignorant SLUT!) Division
1. Ghostbusters - pfattkatt

EDDIE MURPHY (Buckwheat/Mr Robinson) Division
1. Coming to America - good_beef

BILL MURRAY (Todd/Nick Winters-Lounge Singer) Division
1. Stripes - yargespd1

CHEVY CHASE (& You're NOT) Division
1. Caddyshack - go_pre

ADAM SANDLER (Tony Vallencourt/Canteen Boy) Division
1. Waterboy - jmcoombs1
2. Billy Madison - Kriz
2/4/2013 8:34 AM (edited)
Posted by specsman on 1/21/2013 1:12:00 PM (view original):
John Belushi "Samurai Optometrist" League, please
This is a MOVIE league, Please select a Belushi Movie if you want (Continental Divide, Neighbors, 1941, etc.)
1/21/2013 1:16 PM

too much of an emphasis on the early seasons?    Might consider this if there was a Phil Hartman "News Radio" division - LOL!

1/21/2013 1:51 PM
because it sounds fun I am in with Bill Murray's Stripes
1/21/2013 1:57 PM
Posted by parking31 on 1/21/2013 1:51:00 PM (view original):

too much of an emphasis on the early seasons?    Might consider this if there was a Phil Hartman "News Radio" division - LOL!

If you want a Hartman Division, WHO do you suggest we Drop? Careful, these are ALL classic performers?
1/21/2013 2:40 PM
Posted by yargespd1 on 1/21/2013 1:57:00 PM (view original):
because it sounds fun I am in with Bill Murray's Stripes
"Capton' MIDNIGHT" has joined the Fray, welcome to the NEW Army! Did YOU cry when Ole Yeller died at the end?
1/21/2013 2:44 PM (edited)
There could be an valid argument for Steve Martin instead of Adam Sandler simply due to the timeframe of the other five, but Phil Hartman does not belong on this list. 
Oh, decision, decisions. So many to chose from.

I'll go with Belushi in a John Landis classic, Animal House.

"
1/22/2013 7:02 AM
Posted by dodgebob on 1/22/2013 7:02:00 AM (view original):
There could be an valid argument for Steve Martin instead of Adam Sandler simply due to the timeframe of the other five, but Phil Hartman does not belong on this list. 
Oh, decision, decisions. So many to chose from.

I'll go with Belushi in a John Landis classic, Animal House.

"
Welcome in one of the Deltas, or Omega if you prefer... WAS it OVER, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ...HE cant treat our pledges like that, only WE can treat our pledges like THAT! I guess you are on Double Secret Probation, whatever that is & say Hello to Babs for me

I DID almost go with Steve Martin, he fit in with the rest, but decided upon Sandler so ALL the divisions would not be all Classic, plus Sandler has a LOT of movies to choose from!
1/22/2013 8:14 AM
I'll join with Eddie Murphy's "Coming to America"
1/22/2013 3:39 PM
Posted by good_beef on 1/22/2013 3:39:00 PM (view original):
I'll join with Eddie Murphy's "Coming to America"
Welcome - "Now let's see if you can defend yourself, you sweat from a baboon's balls!" "I don't know whether to shake your hand, or kiss it, or bow, or what - I feel like breakdancing!?" AND of course the ultimate Quote from this movie - "The royal p*nis is clean, your Highness!"
1/22/2013 3:55 PM (edited)
Too bad you left out Steve Martin...

WAAAAY more interesting/funny than Sandler...And better movies...

DBP
1/22/2013 5:21 PM
Steve Martin wasn't a cast member of SNL.
1/22/2013 7:37 PM
Posted by go_pre on 1/21/2013 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Saturday Night Live Alumni - Movies League

Pick your Division, name your team based on one of the Movies that your division leader appeared. Once a division is
filled, that division is CLOSED! (Unless you can convince one of those teams to switch divisions, giving you that spot? I
must receive sitemail confirmation from member giving up their spot)

-80M cap
-NO - Clones, Trades
-YES - DH both leagues, Waiver Wire, AAA (see below)
-Live games limited to current series

Your roster will be made up using these limits - the purpose of these limits are simple - I want each team to USE their
renamed AAA players, to emphasize the Movie Theme! FYI - Use your cap $ wisely & these limits MUST be kept up, keep
this in mind if you use the WW for transactions!

*Batters/Fielders - 8M Minimum Salary, **Except** 6M Minimum for Catchers ONLY (Catchers dont have HIGH salaries)
*Starting Pitchers - 9M Minimum Salary
*Relief Pitchers - Must be Under 3.5M salary Maximum
*The rest of your lineup will consist of Below 300k players, to be sent Down & replaced by your AAA player selections

You will Pick-your-own (12 players/6 Pitchers) AAA players - Above Average quality (there are plenty of GOOD, usable
players to pick from) - NO cap for AAA. After the league is filled & schedule is announced, you will then Re-Name your AAA
using your Movie Theme - using Charactors, Actors/Actresses, Movie Quotes, etc.

League # will be generated as soon as there is a significant interest & half the teams are full?

If there is anything I left out, or if there are any questions, Please feel free to ask me! Let's have some SNL FUN!
With an 80 mil cap how can we use these Min Salaries?
even at the lowest salaries-6mil for catcher 7 other hitters@8 mil each=62 mil
4 SP's@9mil each=36 mil, RPs @ 3 mil each is at least 15 mil. This is way over 80 mil, im confussed!?!?!?!
Also, shouldnt the seasons be restricted to the years SNL has ran??
1/25/2013 10:35 AM
*******With an 80 mil cap how can we use these Min Salaries?
even at the lowest salaries-6mil for catcher 7 other hitters@8 mil each=62 mil
4 SP's@9mil each=36 mil, RPs @ 3 mil each is at least 15 mil. This is way over 80 mil, im confussed!?!?!?!

Like I stated in the 3rd paragraph, the the purpose of these limits are simple - I want each team to USE their
renamed AAA players.

SO, the common team will be made up of 6 to 9 selected regular players - the "Cream of the Crop" as the HUB - in which to build your team around & the rest are 200-300k guys, that will be sent down right away, replaced by your specially selected (select your own)/(theme renamed) Above Average AAA guys!

Nobody is supposed to be able to build a Whole team with ONLY 80M, this is just the starting point, the AAA guys are going to fill in the cracks in your team.

*******Also, shouldnt the seasons be restricted to the years SNL has ran??

I dont prefer to have players only from 1975-present, they are boring - I like players from all different times/seasons - that is way this is named WHAT IF, so you CAN have players from different eras face off against each other!
1/25/2013 1:21 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
SNL Alum-Movies League (Closed) No Interest? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.