the true meaning of our creed Topic

Posted by winnetka1 on 1/30/2013 4:48:00 PM (view original):

The two unpaid wars coupled with the Bush tax cuts decimated our economy. We were destined for a major recession and job loss even wihout the real estate bubble bursting. The financial market melt down could be credited in part to Clinton for deregulating derivatives and getting rid of Glass Steagall but even that was exacerbated by Bush by letting the SEC and it's regulatory arm wither on the vine. Plenty of blame to be passed around and it is a bit more sophisticated a problem than simply a real estate bubble.

So what economic indicator other than debt are you using to indicate that there was a slowing of the economy before the crash?

And how can you tie it to tax cuts? They raised revenue and helped the economy.
1/30/2013 5:58 PM
tax cuts reduced revenue
1/30/2013 6:25 PM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 1/30/2013 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by occsid on 1/30/2013 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Well for starters the two unpaid for wars. 
Please explain, as opposed to calling swamp a "moron".
No because I refuse to try to talk logic to a brick wall that can't understand it. 
1/30/2013 7:02 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/editorials/2012/12/04/revenue-was-up-under-bush-tax-cuts.html

Of course Thomas Sowell isnt a liberal hack so you will reject his evidence!
1/30/2013 7:03 PM
and from the Chicago Tribune this          :As a candidate, Bush told us the economy was so strong that the rich deserved a tax cut. After taking office, he said the economy was weak and a tax cut would fix it. Instead of reducing spending to pay for his tax cuts, Bush increased spending and gave us two unfunded wars. He also initiated the bailouts of Wall Street that so many conservatives are upset about.
1/30/2013 7:42 PM
So you are pointing to tax cuts.  Because those "hurt" the economy?  Which is why O just signed a law making almost all of them permanent?  Right?

And "two unfunded wars".  So not paying for stuff is "bad"?  Like $1trillion+ a year?

And bailouts are "bad"?  Didn't O continue Bush's bailout program, and institute a few of his own?

Good effort.  Better than occsid's.  At least you're not a ***** like he is.
1/30/2013 9:09 PM

The two unpaid wars coupled with the Bush tax cuts decimated our economy. We were destined for a major recession and job loss even wihout the real estate bubble bursting. The financial market melt down could be credited in part to Clinton for deregulating derivatives and getting rid of Glass Steagall but even that was exacerbated by Bush by letting the SEC and it's regulatory arm wither on the vine. Plenty of blame to be passed around and it is a bit more sophisticated a problem than simply a real estate bubble.

This is fairly accurate.  The one little thing that you left off is that 9/11 "forced" Bush's hand into doing SOMETHING.

Face it, if he had taken no immediate actions after 9/11, he would've been crucified.  So he launched an unpaid, ill-advised war to appease the country who wanted to lash out at SOMEONE. 

Find anything from the months following 9/11 and tell me if anyone, at the time, recommended that America just lick our wounds and not go kill some foreigners.  Now, did we fight longer than was necessary?  Hell, yes.  But don't make it seem like the "unpaid wars" were unprovoked.
1/31/2013 11:32 AM

The problem for Republicans is that Bush was essentially a hawkish Democrat, who liked to spend spend spend, preferably on war.  And he was willing to allow Congress to tie all sorts of spending to his war efforts, so not only did defense spending rise, ALL spending rose.

The problem for Democrats is that Obama is basically continuing all of Bush's spending, and the economy is too weak (after 12 years of spend spend spend) to sustain the spending.  And he is willing to allow Congress to tie all sorts of spending to his social engineering efforts, so not only does social program spending rise, ALL spending rises.

1/31/2013 11:36 AM
Posted by toddcommish on 1/31/2013 11:32:00 AM (view original):

This is fairly accurate.  The one little thing that you left off is that 9/11 "forced" Bush's hand into doing SOMETHING.

Face it, if he had taken no immediate actions after 9/11, he would've been crucified.  So he launched an unpaid, ill-advised war to appease the country who wanted to lash out at SOMEONE. 

Find anything from the months following 9/11 and tell me if anyone, at the time, recommended that America just lick our wounds and not go kill some foreigners.  Now, did we fight longer than was necessary?  Hell, yes.  But don't make it seem like the "unpaid wars" were unprovoked.
Afghanistan was provoked. Iraq was not. 
1/31/2013 11:43 AM
iraq was made up bullsh*t

if i sound bitter its because i believed the bullsh*t at the time

so shame on me but why isn't the liar in chief in jail

4000 dead americans and 100000 dead iraqis

for nothing

what it means is we are not exceptional, we mass murder with the best of them

just give us a gun and some undesirable people

we should be ashamed but there is no shame here

we suck as a force for good

we are just another tribe of monkeys with sticks
1/31/2013 4:51 PM
You can always leave.
1/31/2013 7:23 PM
ALL OF YE WHITE,EUROPEAN LAND-THIEVIN SCUM SHOULD LEAVE!

GIVE ME BACK MY LAND!
1/31/2013 7:54 PM
prove its yours and I'll thnk about it
1/31/2013 8:52 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/31/2013 4:51:00 PM (view original):
iraq was made up bullsh*t

if i sound bitter its because i believed the bullsh*t at the time

so shame on me but why isn't the liar in chief in jail

4000 dead americans and 100000 dead iraqis

for nothing

what it means is we are not exceptional, we mass murder with the best of them

just give us a gun and some undesirable people

we should be ashamed but there is no shame here

we suck as a force for good

we are just another tribe of monkeys with sticks
1 It wasnt made up. We may have decided that some things that Saddam did required more attention that it may have in retrospect, but it wasnt made up. Everyone thought they hade WMDs. They had used WMDs against their own people. They wanted to do more. they had a history of supporting terror. All this together makes for some scary scenarios. You can push that it was a bad decision, but you cannot sell that it was all made up.

2 Explain what Crimes Bush should be charged with? You dont have to be 100% legal in your point, but be as specific as possible.

3 If we did nothing else except take out a Dictator who attacked his neighbors and threatened the region that is something.

4 Any American soldier dying is a sad event and 4000 is tragic. In retrospect it isnt one of our big death tolls.

5 We are exceptional.

6 We have never Mass Murdered anyone who wasnt trying to mass murder someone else.

While we were the Dominant nation in the world things ran pretty smooth and the rest of the world did well. We didnt suck up wealth to make us prosper and we didnt screw over anyone. We were generally helpful in the face of disasters around the world. Can Rome, Spain or England say The World did better under their watch?
2/1/2013 1:03 PM
Wow, talk about revisionist history. 
2/1/2013 1:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
the true meaning of our creed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.