The "On Paper" League Final spot! Topic

I'm impressed that you have tried most teams!  My Blue Jay team had 4 eligible AAA in the year I am considering using.  I sent in a support ticket, and asked if there is a way to get "average and below" AAA so that bench players would be allowed.  Support said "no" without explaining why it is impossible. 

I personally don't think 6 hitters from AAA are needed; 3 would be fine.  Once again, I do not have an option for fewer than 6 AAA...unless I just put it in the rules here and have to follow up during the roster approval process later.

If people have concerns about this issue, we can figure out something more appropriate.

1/29/2013 4:26 PM
I don't need 6 AAA hitters but we do need to fill all of the roster spots. If there's 6 AAA hitter spots we need a way to fill them or the draft can't be completed. If I can do that I'm interested in this league. Suggestion, below average AAA from more than one season.
1/30/2013 4:21 PM (edited)
Actually, you don't have to fill all the AAA roster spots.  Just press "create team" and it will give you a message that says that if you select OK then you won't be able to select more AAA.  It will fill in the rest of the AAA spots with WIS AAA, but it makes no sense for our theme rules to allow WIS AAA to be called up to your active roster.

I thought of the below average AAA option, but I didn't want to go there.  I'll do some research on that possibility before proceeding one way or the other.  Thanks for your suggestion. 
1/30/2013 10:51 PM
Sounds like an interesting league!

I'll try with Detroit.
2/1/2013 10:20 PM
I'll try with the Reds
2/2/2013 1:08 PM
I'm trying to mock draft a potential team, but how do I try to "draft manually 6/4 average AAA all from a single year of your franchise:  2005, 2006, 2007 or 2008" ?   I can find players from my franchise but I do I know which would be "Average AAA" ?

Apologies for the ignorance on this.
2/3/2013 7:19 AM
Posted by ddodge02 on 2/3/2013 7:19:00 AM (view original):
I'm trying to mock draft a potential team, but how do I try to "draft manually 6/4 average AAA all from a single year of your franchise:  2005, 2006, 2007 or 2008" ?   I can find players from my franchise but I do I know which would be "Average AAA" ?

Apologies for the ignorance on this.
The way I know is that I have begun the process of setting up the league with the appropriate themerules.  I then filled the 25 man roster with eligible players, which then "tricks" WIS to open the manual AAA draft below the 25 man roster.

It won't be long before I will give a league # for you to latch onto, and then you will be certain the settings are the way they will be for this themeleague.  There will be plenty of time after I post the league # for you to test one season vs. another for your AAA.
2/4/2013 3:45 PM
damn yankees
2/4/2013 9:40 PM
I'll play Dodgers
2/4/2013 9:52 PM
I'll take the Nats
2/6/2013 11:38 PM
also, 6 managers with the same franchise seems like a lot.  any way we can limit it to 3 or 4?  there seem to be at least 10 or so legitimate teams to choose
2/7/2013 9:08 AM

dodgers, please. and i agree with the brilliant sentiment expressed in this forum by the one who goes by "rtopaz."

2/7/2013 2:00 PM
Posted by rtopaz on 2/7/2013 9:08:00 AM (view original):
also, 6 managers with the same franchise seems like a lot.  any way we can limit it to 3 or 4?  there seem to be at least 10 or so legitimate teams to choose
I agree that it is a lot, so here's the logic.

There are 3 ways to limit multiple owners using the same franchise: 

A.  1 per theme (24 different franchises) -- obviously too many franchises wouldn't work, so this option is out.
B.  1 per league (12+ different franchises) -- tempting at this point with not too many duplicate franchises selected thus far, but the last 10 owners may be hard to get to join if the "good" franchises seem to be already taken.  This is the rule I usually use when making a league, so that you don't have more than 2 games "against yourself".
C.  1 per division (6+ different franchises) -- which is the current theme rule.

When making the rules for the league, you want it to be fair for the 24th owner who signs up...otherwise they won't.  So far, it looks like there will be plenty of variety of franchises being represented, so if that 24th owner wants the Jays or Dodgers or whatever duplicated franchise, they can have that.  You had plenty of choice when you signed up--why shouldn't they?  If you try to max at 3 or 4 per franchise, then you have already accepted the possibility of 2 in the AL or 2 in the NL (with plenty of games "against yourself"), so what's the problem of 3 in the AL or 3 in the NL?

My hope would be to max at 4...but we'll see whether that will fly.  I will address that issue if a franchise reaches that status.  I don't think we will have that problem.
2/7/2013 4:01 PM
In with the Blue Jays
2/7/2013 7:11 PM
yankees don't have enough eligible hitters
can we use non roster invitees?
2/7/2013 10:17 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The "On Paper" League Final spot! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.