The "On Paper" League Final spot! Topic

Posted by dewelch71 on 2/7/2013 10:17:00 PM (view original):
yankees don't have enough eligible hitters
can we use non roster invitees?
I found at least 13 eligible hitters from the 40 man roster.  Should be fine.  Seems thin in AB for catchers, but you can supplement with your AAA.
2/8/2013 2:46 AM
I'll take the giants
2/15/2013 8:36 PM
Cardinals please
2/16/2013 11:12 AM
The current AAA rule states "6/4 average AAA from one season of your franchise 2005 - 2008".   I am concerned that different franchises seem to have different availability of average AAA players from a particular season.  Some can draft 6/4 average AAA from a single season, whereas many cannot.  It is more likely that everyone could draft 3/2 from a single season 2005-2008, but perhaps some franchises need more AAA to complete their teams, or a single season will not give them the variety of support players to fill their needs.

The purpose of the rule is to fill a gap or two both in position players and in pitching where franchises are planning to use rookies, so owners are not forced into playing players out of position nor get into fatigue issues.  The intent, however, is not to add any real impact players to a franchise's 2013 roster.

To make it fair, and yet not overly impact the importance of the 2013 roster players, please respond to the following potential solutions [please recognise that this survey is not a vote where the most popular response will be adopted, but instead this is a way of gaining insight into the AAA rule]:

Votes: 12
(Last vote received: 2/28/2013 2:46 PM)
2/17/2013 10:19 PM
I think for those teams (like my team the Royals) it would help if there were more and better aaa options. I can only get to about $83 million with my 40 man. As a Royals fan I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm in anyway but it would help with more aaa help. Just my two cents.
2/18/2013 10:08 AM
I agree with you cocktostens
2/18/2013 12:23 PM
Status quo. it's generally not a good idea to change rules or put them up for vote, so I "vote" for the one closest to the original intention. We just need clarification on what happens to the AAA positions that can't get filled. Are the randomly generated AAA off limits?
2/18/2013 2:28 PM
Yes, the randomly generated AAA would be off limits, which is a problem if some can have more AAA players than others can.  To be fair, we either limit everyone to fewer AAA, or open the restrictions so everyone can use the same number of AAA slots.  That's the crux of the AAA rule survey.
2/18/2013 3:23 PM
number of available AAA slots is part of the selection process. Do you take your first choice with fewer AAA slots? or settle for another choice with more AAA slots. The disparity isn't a problem as long as we all known the rules in advance. Changing the rules messes up people who considered the rules when making their selection.
2/18/2013 3:38 PM
Posted by rbow923 on 2/18/2013 3:38:00 PM (view original):
number of available AAA slots is part of the selection process. Do you take your first choice with fewer AAA slots? or settle for another choice with more AAA slots. The disparity isn't a problem as long as we all known the rules in advance. Changing the rules messes up people who considered the rules when making their selection.
I agree.  Owners should only have to tweak their team to adapt to a change of AAA rule.  All I am doing is allowing people to discuss the needs of their franchise, so I know what is a reasonable AAA supporting cast that is equal for everyone. 
2/19/2013 3:36 PM
Mets please
2/19/2013 4:04 PM
actually that's not going to work. lol thought it was a little bit of a stretch but it's too short. Will look at other options.
2/19/2013 4:22 PM
Put me down for Tampa Bay
2/21/2013 10:16 AM
Reds
2/22/2013 9:02 PM
Yet another Reds team!!
2/24/2013 11:53 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The "On Paper" League Final spot! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.