Should(n't) I be able to get a D1 job? Topic

Posted by metsmax on 1/23/2013 1:32:00 PM (view original):
its a 50-50 shot
lol, well played...you either get it...or you don't ;)
1/23/2013 1:43 PM
i mean I hope you get it, and the logic for time off and jobs is weird at best, but if we only take your newest DII seasons, you're not technically qualified. the system is not sophisticated enough to know that you won a title x seasons ago, and therefore should be in more demand.

As I said earlier, play one more season, make the NT, take a job like bradley.
1/23/2013 3:32 PM
really, you do have a decent chance. FYI - there is no "magic" to you being eligible. for a long time, you've been able to select teams you couldnt apply to. the rules around coach prestige required, and loyalty etc required, appear to be different when you "apply" for a school  vs when you "sign up" for a school.

also, between when you left that first time, and came back d1 eligible, if i remember correctly - that was around the job change. at least, i think that is what it looked like some other time your move to d1 was brought up. but maybe i am remembering wrong... i dont know. but that would be another likely suspect. if you aren't eligible for d1 in signups, i would absolutely not hold your breath waiting for another change to the job logic stuff.
1/23/2013 3:32 PM
Just for further context, the last season I played was season 70 and Tark is now in season 76 going on 77...if I thought I was "one good season" away from D1, I'd probably jump back in, but while I was at HI-Hilo I kept thinking that and it became a thankless, hopeless task.  Again I'll just wait and see...it's not worth an extra $13 to hope, if the job I want becomes available, I'll jump on it, if not I'll just chew on a towel some more...
1/23/2013 8:27 PM
hey colonels - i have an ID with a terrible recent resume in d1 rupp, where i figured they'd maybe be qualified for some low d1 jobs, at best. but they were longshots for b+ fsu (acc) and a- pitt (b.east). it makes me wonder if you just slowly get a better resume over time, or if there is some bug resulting in a similar effect, because my resume being longshot for those jobs defies everything ive ever seen.
1/26/2013 1:26 PM
Lol, see.
1/26/2013 3:56 PM
i tend to follow up on the crazy theories of any coach, regardless of how crazy that coach may be :)
1/26/2013 3:59 PM
Posted by trobone on 1/23/2013 3:32:00 PM (view original):
i mean I hope you get it, and the logic for time off and jobs is weird at best, but if we only take your newest DII seasons, you're not technically qualified. the system is not sophisticated enough to know that you won a title x seasons ago, and therefore should be in more demand.

what title did he win?
1/26/2013 5:33 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/26/2013 3:59:00 PM (view original):
i tend to follow up on the crazy theories of any coach, regardless of how crazy that coach may be :)
Lol, see that's just the thing...I may seem "crazy" but I don't bullshit people...if I say something happened, it happened.  It was rather funny back when CRD was around, I "cheated" for about 5-10 seasons, the driver wouldn't get a race finishing bonus ever, so of course when I offered him a contract, I'd max it out.  When I came clean about it when norbert was updating/changing the game, both norbert and the other players said what I was doing wasn't happening...it was rather hilarious...norbert piped up about a week or 2 later and told me I was right lol.  I'm not dumb, folks lol.
1/27/2013 12:57 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 1/26/2013 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by trobone on 1/23/2013 3:32:00 PM (view original):

what title did he win?
This seems to have gotten misconstrued in the fold along the way...someone (jskenner?) was talking about how if you won a title at UCLA a long time ago that that wouldn't necessarily help you all that much in present day HD, to which my response was, if you ever win a D1 NT, you should ALWAYS be eligible for D1 jobs.  I doubt I'll ever win an NT, I haven't really been close lol.  Thank you dacj for keeping me in my place though!
1/27/2013 1:00 PM
just doing my part to also not bullshit people...love ya trev...
1/27/2013 2:33 PM
oops sorry, i was confused
1/27/2013 9:11 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 1/27/2013 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/26/2013 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Lol, see that's just the thing...I may seem "crazy" but I don't bullshit people...if I say something happened, it happened.  It was rather funny back when CRD was around, I "cheated" for about 5-10 seasons, the driver wouldn't get a race finishing bonus ever, so of course when I offered him a contract, I'd max it out.  When I came clean about it when norbert was updating/changing the game, both norbert and the other players said what I was doing wasn't happening...it was rather hilarious...norbert piped up about a week or 2 later and told me I was right lol.  I'm not dumb, folks lol.
i was just teasing you. obviously i dont think you are crazy, or i wouldnt have looked into it at all...
1/28/2013 2:24 AM
It's all in good fun man, I don't take anything too seriously...especially myself.  I wouldn't post if I couldn't accept the full, unbridled consequences, good and bad, of said post(s).

My "annoyance" over this issue kind of waxes and wanes.

1/28/2013 9:19 PM
◂ Prev 123
Should(n't) I be able to get a D1 job? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.