That wasn't the question.   Which is more important to you?

When you're on the interstate, a capable driver behind the wheel of the truck that's coming up behind you.
Or, when you're in a bar, do you want a capable bartender pouring your beer.
1/28/2013 12:01 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/28/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 11:09:00 AM (view original):
I'm pretty sure pouring a beer isn't a difficult task so I'm wondering what the MAST permit ensures.   Why can't you answer a simple question?
Why are you fascinated with what I do? It's kind of creepy. I caught the sexual innuendo you slid in there about the head but I ignored it. Mike, are you coming on to me?
Are you ashamed of what you do?   If not, why not answer some questions about it?
1/28/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/28/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 11:09:00 AM (view original):
I'm pretty sure pouring a beer isn't a difficult task so I'm wondering what the MAST permit ensures.   Why can't you answer a simple question?
Why are you fascinated with what I do? It's kind of creepy. I caught the sexual innuendo you slid in there about the head but I ignored it. Mike, are you coming on to me?
I think you're right. Maybe he has a bartender fetish. He dreams of stopping mid-haul at a bar in upstate New York during a blizzard and allowing the male bartender to "warm him up."
1/28/2013 12:03 PM
I guess sometimes a truck stop gigolo just won't do.
1/28/2013 12:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 12:01:00 PM (view original):

When you're on the interstate, a capable driver behind the wheel of the truck that's coming up behind you.
Who gives a ****? That may be your question but that's not what we're talking about. You have made reference several times to Taint's ability to make a living without a marketable skill.

Taint's skills allow him to make a better living than most truck drivers. Why? Because the ability to be a good bartender is more rare than the ability to be a good truck driver and, therefore, fetches a higher price in the labor market.
1/28/2013 12:16 PM

I don't think there should be male bartenders.   Who the hell wants some dude pouring beer?   As I said, it's not like that's a difficult task.   At least gimme some **** to look at.

1/28/2013 12:16 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/28/2013 12:16:00 PM (view original):

Who gives a ****? That may be your question but that's not what we're talking about. You have made reference several times to Taint's ability to make a living without a marketable skill.

Taint's skills allow him to make a better living than most truck drivers. Why? Because the ability to be a good bartender is more rare than the ability to be a good truck driver and, therefore, fetches a higher price in the labor market.
Yeah, pouring beer is a difficult skill that's in high demand.

Bartenders make money thru tips.   People who are drinking are more careless with their money.   Seriously, why would anyone give someone a buck or two for opening a bottle?
1/28/2013 12:18 PM
So, yeah, I don't see "Hey, pal, want another?" and then pouring a beer as a "skill". 

I bet you could teach monkeys to do it.
1/28/2013 12:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/28/2013 12:16:00 PM (view original):

Yeah, pouring beer is a difficult skill that's in high demand.

Bartenders make money thru tips.   People who are drinking are more careless with their money.   Seriously, why would anyone give someone a buck or two for opening a bottle?
It's not just pouring beer. Or have you never been to a bar? There's a certain personality and level of service required of a good bartender, that's why they make so much in tips. Not everyone has that. More people have the skills required to drive trucks.
1/28/2013 12:22 PM
Maybe not.

1/28/2013 12:23 PM
Are you taint's lawyer or spokesperson?   Because you seem more impressed with his "skill" than he is.
1/28/2013 12:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Are you taint's lawyer or spokesperson?   Because you seem more impressed with his "skill" than he is.
It's interesting to me. You belittle him for having a job he loves, claim to not drive a truck, but then want to spend time defending the trucker side of the trucker vs bartender debate you started.
1/28/2013 12:28 PM
I think you might be a little jealous.
1/28/2013 12:29 PM
I said I was impressed that he found a way to make a living with no education or marketable skills.   That's a compliment.

Jealous? No.   I'll sit in my office, "work" a few hours per day, keep "normal" hours and avoid dealing with drunks unless I choose to join them.
1/28/2013 12:32 PM
But I do feed the machine.    Was out for less than 3 hours on Friday.   Tab was $66 and change.   I gave a $33something tip to make it an even hundred.   So my FEMALE bartender made over $11 an hour from me alone for pouring me a few beers. 
1/28/2013 12:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.