1st cycle recruiting Topic

Just watch out for the old sneak attack right before signings start.  Crafty snipers will go 5 CV and pop on your cheaper greens to get them to skip going yellow... and poof like that they are gone, like Keyser Soze.
1/28/2013 8:16 PM
how much gets rolled over from year to year... 25% of remaining if you signed all schollys???   I'm not sure if $2,000 means enough to me not to spend it all to ensure that doesn't happen
1/28/2013 9:00 PM
Spend it all. The rollover is not worth it.
1/28/2013 10:26 PM
having a limited budget.. do i need to keep sending AC scouts?? or should i do AC home visits....   I assume being as every candidate is within 350 miles of me, home visits are more valuable than campus visits dollar for dollar?
1/28/2013 11:13 PM
Home visits are good for when you don't have enough money for a CV. If you have the money for a CV, don't bother with the home visit.
1/28/2013 11:42 PM
Your best tool right now is the freshman and sophomore start. You've got a bunch of marginal guys, so look at the recruits you're interested in and ask yourself if they're as good as your current starters. If so, offer a freshman start. Then look at who's graduating after this season. Will you need a recruit from this class to start next season? If so, offer a sophomore start. Offer them often, and offer them early. NOTHING generates recruit interest like an accepted start offer. They're cheap, and if you don't sign the guy, you don't have to worry about the start.
1/28/2013 11:50 PM
  Because you have a 7 win team you probably have the lowest vision right now. With only 5 scholarships I would wait till late 2nd day of recruiting or even later before going after players. Any body really good will be swiped from you because you have no $ to fight it off. 
       But consider, that as long as you get High Potential guys , even the Best of whats left  will probably improve your team significantly. Especially if you start them as rookies or in their soph year. The trick is playing time and a good Practice plan with heavy emphasis on Position Practice and just a tad or even none formation practice.

1/29/2013 6:35 PM
◂ Prev 12
1st cycle recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.