D3, Season 64 Topic

rte!  can't wait to have you back!
3/7/2013 2:05 PM
I'm back too, forgot who I reserved, it was a team that doesn't have many returning players returning so I can hasten building a team with MY guys.
3/7/2013 11:39 PM
Welcome back rte and egljr -- good to have folks coming back in!

Just an aside...I'm at a national qualifying tournament with my kids right now and will probably be tied up for the better part of 14 hours today. Sad to say, but the way the timing has worked, I'm probably not going to find the free time to sit down and break apart the brackets the way I normally would :(
3/8/2013 8:29 AM
Quick comment from my phone connection... I like ursinus quite a bit. Not happy to see them in my bracket! If I can win a few games, not sure I can beat him (assuming he makes it that far too)
3/8/2013 8:44 AM
That is a tough draw, Brian.  I agree.  But really, all the 1 and 2 seeds look incredible.  No representation in that group from the evil empire, but we do claim 5 of the next 9 spots.  Hopefully it will be a good year for upsets...but not until the later rounds!
3/8/2013 12:43 PM
Should be some epic sweet 16 battles between the 2 and 3 seeds, if it comes to that.  Dickinson with their 29+ (!) TO's forced per game vs Susquehanna could be a real barn burner.  I'd pay to see Ozarks and Texas Lutheran, too.  Also watch out for the ranked Defiance, a perennial contender, lurking as a 10 seed!
3/8/2013 1:16 PM
so is it just my computer, or do other folks see random hyperlinks on some works above...?  (my last post - "phone" is hyperlinked to another web site, jack's "next" is hyperlinked....)

wondering if I have a virus or malware lurking...

argh.... after I posted this, I see the hyperlinks are gone.  bet I have some crap on my computer.

3/8/2013 4:01 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 3/8/2013 4:02:00 PM (view original):
so is it just my computer, or do other folks see random hyperlinks on some works above...?  (my last post - "phone" is hyperlinked to another web site, jack's "next" is hyperlinked....)

wondering if I have a virus or malware lurking...

argh.... after I posted this, I see the hyperlinks are gone.  bet I have some crap on my computer.

No hyperlinks for me.
3/8/2013 5:02 PM
a virus or some form of malware probably

3/9/2013 7:57 PM
yeah, figured it out... some crap that became an extension on firefox and chrome.... hopefully it's fixed.  

the board is quiet...

only big upsets were Dickinson and CSU, Eastbay going down in round 1 - both were close games.

looks like a couple 6 seeds lost too -- Union and Marymount advance as #11 seeds - although the 8-9, 7-10, 6-11 games can be real deceptive sometimes in terms of talent.  
3/9/2013 8:15 PM
Hats off to WIllamette, a 15 seed, playing in the Sweet Sixteen tonight. 

Sorry I haven't been around to carry on dialogue here, but I"m happy to report it was for a good cause. I have a kid qualified for nationals and three more sitting as alternates, so my 'coaching skillz' worked. 
3/10/2013 2:34 PM
rednu, what sport do your kids play?

3/10/2013 6:45 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 3/10/2013 6:45:00 PM (view original):
rednu, what sport do your kids play?

I coach a high school speech and debate program, brian. Our national qualifying tournament was this past week. We take off for state on Wednesday. 
3/10/2013 7:04 PM
My Willamette team has been disappointing to me until the last week.  I thought they might be a little better during the regular season, but now they seem to be playing over their heads.  I suspect my little run will end in the round of 16, but who knows.
3/10/2013 10:47 PM
congrats to the elite 8.  2 from the CC, 2 from the University, and 1 each from the GNE, USA South, S Cal, and ASC.

the ozark / texas lutheran game lived up to my expectations!  97-94 in a real score-fest!  in the end, TexLu outpaced them.

looks like a rock solid E8.  for my NOT too early F4 predictions i'll go with TexLu, Greensboro, S Vermont (go GNE!), and Millsaps.

the game of the night looks to be the Greensboro / Susquehanna game.  good luck to all!
3/11/2013 10:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
D3, Season 64 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.