uptempo vs slow down Topic

I play slowdown against press to lower my turnovers. When I have run normal or uptempo I turn it over 20+ times. CS might say otherwise, but I disagree with them.
2/16/2013 3:08 PM
Yeah, I agree with gvsujulius and billy here.  My results varying tempo run counter to the official stance over a rather large data set.
2/16/2013 3:14 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 2/16/2013 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Good forum, since I'm a little confused.  Tarvalon, since you went slowdown are your starters getting more playing time.  If so then that makes sense why your FG% is up and TO's are down.  I do know during uptempo that your back ups are playing more minnutes.  That's been proven. 
No, they were about the same. Actually, in my most successful game running slowdown (18 point win as a huge underdog), I had no starters play more than 22 minutes. Generally they were averaging about 25 whether I ran slowdown or normal. 
2/16/2013 6:08 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 2/16/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 2/16/2013 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Good forum, since I'm a little confused.  Tarvalon, since you went slowdown are your starters getting more playing time.  If so then that makes sense why your FG% is up and TO's are down.  I do know during uptempo that your back ups are playing more minnutes.  That's been proven. 
No, they were about the same. Actually, in my most successful game running slowdown (18 point win as a huge underdog), I had no starters play more than 22 minutes. Generally they were averaging about 25 whether I ran slowdown or normal. 
What I mean is that during UT they would play less.  That 18 point win, if you checked give time to backups, your backups played more because of the score.
2/17/2013 10:21 PM
http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Schedule.aspx?tid=11883 ....9 games in, I've run UT in 8 of the 9.  Many of those decisions were no brainers as its OOC and it's a six SR team that returned all 12 players.  Some games weren't so clear, however.  I've stayed far, far away from UT in the past due to limited and unsuccessful use and frustration.  But I'm toying around with it, and I just discovered this thread...so I figure checking out my team might provide some data from those really curious.  (And further translate it for me!)  The one game I failed to run UT, was due to a mistake in saving the correct settings...however the opposition ran UT so I felt relieved after disturbed upon reading my settings.  However, that was my one loss.   I'm not stressing that has any correlation with anything whatsoever, the competition wasn't as soft as other teams on the schedule, but also wasn't the strongest.  Jus' sayin'.  So check out the season for UGA in Tark for some data analysis while I pop my UT cherry and play around with certain givens I've taken for granted.  FWIW
2/18/2013 6:21 AM
◂ Prev 12
uptempo vs slow down Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.