yes! give me 2nd pick (bhazlewood can have first pick) or I won't update the game analyzer, mwahaha!

In all seriousness though, I wonder how many people will be annoyed that the game analyzer isn't going to work for the beta.  Will it even be necessary with the new game results?

2/1/2013 12:43 PM
Major overhaul for the GUESS reports coming too.

2/1/2013 3:57 PM
I would be less likely to participate without the ability to use Yatzr's recruiting tool.  That would be like going back to the stone ages.
2/1/2013 4:02 PM
The recruiting tool should still work fine as I don't think anything is changing with regards to recruiting.  But I'm pretty sure the play-by-play is changing a lot, so the game analyzer isn't going to work at all until I'm able to update it.
2/1/2013 4:07 PM
Posted by jhard70 on 2/1/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Norbert, is there any way to set up beta for users to play in divisions they are qualified for?  The player ratings from DIII to D1 are so different that it may make it a lot more difficult for coaches who only play in higher divisions to determine how player roles, depth charts, GP are actually working. 
+100
2/1/2013 4:23 PM
Looking forward to the Beta Test....too bad we can't boot players for bad behavior like in the "good ol' days"!
2/1/2013 4:50 PM
Posted by yatzr on 2/1/2013 4:07:00 PM (view original):
The recruiting tool should still work fine as I don't think anything is changing with regards to recruiting.  But I'm pretty sure the play-by-play is changing a lot, so the game analyzer isn't going to work at all until I'm able to update it.
I'm sure I'll get along, but I live by that tool.....so get cracking young man!!!
2/1/2013 8:06 PM
Ooo Valentines Day how special. We now know Norbert is single guys ! Let the jokes begin!!!
2/1/2013 11:32 PM
Posted by norbert on 1/31/2013 5:00:00 PM (view original):
I tentatively plan on opening the first beta world on Feb 12th.  I say tentatively because I have a beta world running in test and want to make sure everything is running fine with it, plus I will be out of the office most of next week, so if I do find anything wrong with the test beta world between now and then, I might have to adjust the schedule.  There's also the possibility that we run into technical issues when creating the beta site on production which could delay the launch.

In either case, whenever we are ready to allow users to sign up for beta, I will post it in the forums and in the GD admin message, as well as hopefully getting an email blast out to the users that GD beta is open.  So you will know when it is ready, but I wanted to give a little warning ahead of time.  If it looks like we are good later next week, I'll post the date ahead of time in more obvious locations to make sure all people that want to participate know it is going on.

So it looks like whoever chided me about the Valentine's Day Beta Launch is going to be correct.

2 Days Till Beta???
2/10/2013 7:31 PM
What say you Norbert ^^^^
2/10/2013 8:27 PM
Whooooooo hooooooooooo!!! Lets get 'er done!!!
2/10/2013 10:25 PM
Posted by da_goat on 2/1/2013 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhard70 on 2/1/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Norbert, is there any way to set up beta for users to play in divisions they are qualified for?  The player ratings from DIII to D1 are so different that it may make it a lot more difficult for coaches who only play in higher divisions to determine how player roles, depth charts, GP are actually working. 
It has been so long since D3 that I will have a big adjustment. I definitely agree that norbert needs to get all divisions opened up. Those of us that have played at DIA exclusively for the past several seasons should have a priority to get a DIA level job in the beta. Those who have only made it to D2 should only be qualified for a D2 team and nothing higher. This way you will have coaches at their current level where they are most comfortable and can provide the best feedback possible.

any thoughts on this Norbert?

2/10/2013 10:58 PM
1 Day till Beta???
2/11/2013 7:57 AM
Guarantee it gets pushed off lol....( like the first 100 times)
2/11/2013 12:32 PM
It looks like we will be opening beta more towards the end of the week.  We have some resource issues on the technical side of setting it up, plus jfootball88 guaranteed it.
2/11/2013 2:07 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.