Posted by norbert on 2/11/2013 2:07:00 PM (view original):
It looks like we will be opening beta more towards the end of the week.  We have some resource issues on the technical side of setting it up, plus jfootball88 guaranteed it.
Thanks, jfootball!
2/11/2013 8:01 PM
Posted by badaxe on 2/11/2013 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by norbert on 2/11/2013 2:07:00 PM (view original):
It looks like we will be opening beta more towards the end of the week.  We have some resource issues on the technical side of setting it up, plus jfootball88 guaranteed it.
Thanks, jfootball!
Thanks jfootball88! But seriously Norbert ha a date with Manti Te'o's girlfriend on V-Day. 
2/11/2013 8:26 PM
You're welcome gentlemen glad to disappoint!!!

You hear that caesari my guarantees are legitimate ! (In Caesaris coming bio I will guarantee that the real information will surface showing that caesari is in fact Jconte and that caesari is actually a cryptorchid lol)  Speaking of guarantees I guarantee I never lose to babcick lol ( I sold my soul-Hence why his QB threw an interception on the 5yd line going into the end zone when he could have kicked a FG to win LMAO! Moving my mark to 6-0 all time vs him )

(Serious Note if that's possible) Thanks for the update Norbert!!!

2/12/2013 1:04 AM
I think jfootball88 is jconte..and is trying to keep the update from coming out....
2/12/2013 11:02 AM
That would make sense why jfootball88 knows so much about jconte...that b@sterd!!!
2/12/2013 1:54 PM
Anything more concrete then later this week? I would think after all the missed dates that someone would have taken the time to give us more of a answer then later this week. 
2/12/2013 9:38 PM
Posted by fastec27 on 2/12/2013 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Anything more concrete then later this week? I would think after all the missed dates that someone would have taken the time to give us more of a answer then later this week. 
Really ... some time in the next 3-5 days is not good enough for you ... REALLY?

My God, he is working on it right now, and he will turn it on when it works ... how in the world can you get a better answer than that.

When its working, then he will know its working and he will turn it on.

2/12/2013 10:50 PM
The Boss:  Hey the e-mail server is down ... when will it be back on line.

ADMIN:  Not sure when it will be back up ... because: 

1.  It is designed to be up all the time ... it is not up now because it is broken.

2.  If I knew why it was broken, It would be fixed, and  it would then be up ... but its not up, because it is broken.

ADMIN:  It would be up when you let me figure out what is broken ... then I can fix it ... then it will be back up.  As soon as I know what is wrong, I will let you know.

The Boss:  Why can't you tell me now?

======

You get your car towed to the shop because it will not start.

YOU:  Mechanic, why will my car not start?

MECHANIC:  I need to look at it to see what is wrong, then I can tell you how much it will cost and how long it will take to get it fixed.

YOU:  Why can't you tell me now how long it will take and how much it will cost.

========

Get the picture yet?
2/12/2013 11:08 PM
Hughes-That's a false analogy you're implying the current engine is broken. It's not broken just not perfect, the current engine has flaws like your analogy. But it's not broken.

========

Get the picture yet?

2/13/2013 3:40 AM
jfootball, when will the release be released?
2/13/2013 3:59 AM
Well, if we would stop asking jfootball88/jconte/norbert and KEEPING HIM AWAY FROM THE UPDATE, perhaps it would be out sooner.

The more we bug the mechanic about our car, the more it ****** him off, and the longer it takes.

I would much rather have jfootball88/jconte/norbert take whatever time he needs to get out a product that he can stand behind, vs giving something on a promised date that is not the product that he wants to deliver.

And yes, I'm a Project Manager, and I believe in hard dates and schedules and all that.  But this is not manufacturing widgets off a production line and we are soooooo close....lets all just relax and get our head into how we can find both the good and the bad issues/features of GD 3.0.

And stop asking Norbert questions....or if we feel the need to do so, lets have just ONE PERSON ask him....so he doesnt have to read all these posts and try to respond to 5000 different people all asking the same thing.
2/13/2013 10:23 AM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/13/2013 3:40:00 AM (view original):
Hughes-That's a false analogy you're implying the current engine is broken. It's not broken just not perfect, the current engine has flaws like your analogy. But it's not broken.

========

Get the picture yet?

So it is more like:
You have a classic 56 Chevy Bel-Aire. It runs, but everything is worn and the electrical system is shot, has numerous dings and rust spots. You take in to the auto shop to have it completely redone. So, it has been in for more than a year now and is close to being done. The mechanic is saying we are waiting for a few more parts and when they get in we can test it to see if it works the way you want it to.

And then you say - (with whiney voice) - "Why can't I test it now?" (stomps feet and shakes fists).
2/13/2013 11:33 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 2/12/2013 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fastec27 on 2/12/2013 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Really ... some time in the next 3-5 days is not good enough for you ... REALLY?

My God, he is working on it right now, and he will turn it on when it works ... how in the world can you get a better answer than that.

When its working, then he will know its working and he will turn it on.

Again.. Enough time has been used waiting. 
2/13/2013 5:50 PM
So, the beta comes out tomorrow. 
2/13/2013 8:30 PM
Posted by 0bigzeke0 on 2/13/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/13/2013 3:40:00 AM (view original):

========

Get the picture yet?

So it is more like:
You have a classic 56 Chevy Bel-Aire. It runs, but everything is worn and the electrical system is shot, has numerous dings and rust spots. You take in to the auto shop to have it completely redone. So, it has been in for more than a year now and is close to being done. The mechanic is saying we are waiting for a few more parts and when they get in we can test it to see if it works the way you want it to.

And then you say - (with whiney voice) - "Why can't I test it now?" (stomps feet and shakes fists).
No it is more like you were told the car would would take a year and now it's a year and a half later and it should have been be done 6 months ago and you keep getting told just a few more days.
2/14/2013 7:27 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.