1924 - Bringing Negro League Players to the Majors Topic

Very creative concept, I'd give it a try. It'll be an education about the negro leagues which I know nothing about, apart from satchel Paige and ,josh Gibson
1/31/2013 10:31 PM
dcmatcheck:  Congrats on being the first to express interest.  You are welcome to choose a team when you want, or wait a while.

Satchel Paige and Josh Gibson weren't playing yet in 1924, but there were many stars at the height of their careers, as follows:

Chicago American Giants:  OF Cristobal Torriente, 3B Dave Malarcher, OF Jelly Gardner, P Juan Padron, P Willie Foster

Birmingham Black Barons:  1B Mule Suttles, P Sam Streeter, P Dizzy Dismukes

Kansas City Monarchs:  2B Newt Allen, 3B Newt Joseph, SS Dobie Moore, OF-P Bullet Rogan, P Bill Drake, P Jose Mendez

Negro National League players available for draft:  C Bruce Petway, OF Turkey Stearnes, C Larry Brown, OF Cool Papa Bell, SS Willie Wells

Eastern Colored League players available for draft:  2B George Scales, 1B Highpockets Hudspeth, P Dave Brown, P Dick Redding, OF Oscar Charleston, SS John Henry Lloyd, SS Dick Lundy, SS-3B John Beckwith, 1B-3B Jud (Boojum) Wilson

1/31/2013 11:02 PM
The only one of those I've ever heard of is cool papa bell. I look forward to getting to know the rest of them.
2/1/2013 5:57 AM
◂ Prev 12
1924 - Bringing Negro League Players to the Majors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.