non-engine WIS features that would be really nice Topic

just kicking the tires... 2 things that would make this game a little bit nicer and as a disclaimer i think the staff does a fine job with their budget..   :)

- an iOS / Android app for recruiting (so hard to recruit on an iphone through safari, plus with 3 hour windows it's not reasonable to expect all of us to be at a desktop)

- better analytics - for instance, i'd like to recruit search based on team's that are in on the recruit instead of clicking on a million "considering multiple" recruits to figure out who my competition is after
for instance, i'd love to keep track of how many fumbles my running backs have, their YPC by formation, etc.

2/2/2013 11:08 AM
How about cross-conference message boards, like in HD, where you can post to others in a different conference??? PLEASE?
2/2/2013 12:31 PM
Posted by caesari on 2/2/2013 12:31:00 PM (view original):
How about cross-conference message boards, like in HD, where you can post to others in a different conference??? PLEASE?
I like this also like in HD search recruit by states not just distance. Sometimes you search 360 miles away but most of the ones you get are the 360 you don't want to recruit towards. This might also help at lower levels with a lot of players to sift through. Also maybe put the future scouting like in HD so you can get an "inside track" to some players you're looking at
2/2/2013 1:35 PM
Sometimes players might prefer to be closer to home or further away, and it would be great if this could be included as a factor as well. 

Also, there needs to be more variability in formation IQ for recruits.  If all formations are between, say 5 and 15, and because the variability between 0 and 100 accounts for only like 5% of adjustments on *some* skills (I think tech, GI are some), then it isn't worth it to bother even looking at form IQ for recruits, never mind turn a quality recruit away due to dificiencies here.
2/2/2013 3:29 PM
I really like the suggestions Dream and Hzcazual made.  I also would like better analytics, paticularly for defense in the form of missed tackles, QB pressures, and in the secondary.  Right now we are somewhat blind on defense.  If the players don't make a play, we have no idea how they impacted the game for better or worse.  We can see some coverage mistakes if we open a paticular game, but it would be nice to have a more definitive ongoing record.   

Dream made a good suggestion for recruiting.  In addition to location which I really would like to see added, academic prestige would be another factor that would be interesting as both a recruiting tool and a potential disqualifier if GPAs were considered.  Coaching system would work the same way if added - some recruits would like your system and some would not either giving you and edge in recruiting or an uphill climb.  It also would be helpful if some of the confusing responses that mean nothing were removed in correspondence with recruits. 

In season scouting should be more useful and more interactive. 

I know this topic comes up every now and again, but I really would like to see an overhaul of the redshirt system.  Perhaps add a total amount allowed per team rather than year so we have more control over building for a championship year while still allowing for a rule concerning how many are used.   

Finally, it would be nice to see the resume given some additional consideration in adding win/loss records vs ranked and human opponents. 
2/3/2013 12:15 PM (edited)
Posted by hcazual on 2/2/2013 11:08:00 AM (view original):
just kicking the tires... 2 things that would make this game a little bit nicer and as a disclaimer i think the staff does a fine job with their budget..   :)

- an iOS / Android app for recruiting (so hard to recruit on an iphone through safari, plus with 3 hour windows it's not reasonable to expect all of us to be at a desktop)

- better analytics - for instance, i'd like to recruit search based on team's that are in on the recruit instead of clicking on a million "considering multiple" recruits to figure out who my competition is after
for instance, i'd love to keep track of how many fumbles my running backs have, their YPC by formation, etc.

I'd like to know how may sacks a particular OL is giving up...maybe even penalties by OL & DL.
2/2/2013 5:10 PM
"I'd like to know how may sacks a particular OL is giving up...maybe even penalties by OL & DL."

This
2/2/2013 6:36 PM
OL- Pancakes (running the ball) and Sacks allowed. Also like your idea of being able to search recruits my teams recruiting them!! Good ideas!
2/2/2013 8:46 PM
Also like Caesaris idea of cross functional message boards !!
2/2/2013 8:46 PM
All conference teams would be a cool feature...
2/6/2013 3:27 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
A function for owners to upload their photo or avatar.
2/6/2013 4:21 PM
Re-align conferences to reflect 2013 Season. Maintain new alignment changes annually.
2/6/2013 4:22 PM
Allow for a coach-voting award system on top of the existing WIS system.
2/6/2013 4:23 PM
Posted by ermackey on 2/6/2013 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Re-align conferences to reflect 2013 Season. Maintain new alignment changes annually.
I think it has been said before, but the entire basis of GD is based on 12 team conferences. This would be an incredibly difficult task to maintain.
2/6/2013 6:43 PM
12 Next ▸
non-engine WIS features that would be really nice Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.