Makes me sick... Topic

Posted by moranis on 2/4/2013 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2013 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 2/4/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Missed call on helmet to helmet that nobody is talking about.  He might end up getting fined.  Go to :09 seconds (terrible quality, but its the first one i found)

www.youtube.com/watch
he wasn't a defenseless receiver at that point, which means that they aren't going to call that pretty much ever.
I guess I'd ask "what makes a defenseless receiver?" He's in the process of trying to catch the football.  
not when he was hit, he had taken two steps and the ball was already well past him. 
Favorite Teams
Baltimore Ravens

Maybe sit this one out, moranis.
2/4/2013 11:15 AM
You never post an stats.

This is what I'm talking about. You're completely wrong here.

I've posted stats and links to stats MANY times in various discussions.
You don't look at anything (videos that prove you wrong) from anyone else.

I look at things that are posted on this message board, including stats, information, and occasionally links to sites with the same.

If it's a very short video within the post, as someone did with a couple of NFL plays, I'll view them because that's quick and easy. However, I'm not wasting time going to another site to watch some video that is who knows how long. If you can't make your point without a long a** video clip, then you lost the debate before you began anyway.
All you go by is what YOU "see".

I go by what actually happens, which really frustrates people who love to buy into hype and believe whatever they are told.

I have every right to my opinion and I defend it ferociously. If you don't like it, too bad. I'm not backing down because you disagree, or whoever disagrees.
2/4/2013 11:19 AM
I don't think discussing the calls is worthwhile.

Is there anyone who thinks SF played the better game?

Kaepernick looked like what he is.   Very talented with all the tools but inexperienced.   Stunning to me was their constant snaps with 2-3 seconds left on the play clock.   I felt Baltimore was getting a jump all night.   So either his cadence was constantly the same or Baltimore knew they were snapping at the same time on the clock every play.
2/4/2013 11:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/4/2013 11:22:00 AM (view original):
I don't think discussing the calls is worthwhile.

Is there anyone who thinks SF played the better game?

Kaepernick looked like what he is.   Very talented with all the tools but inexperienced.   Stunning to me was their constant snaps with 2-3 seconds left on the play clock.   I felt Baltimore was getting a jump all night.   So either his cadence was constantly the same or Baltimore knew they were snapping at the same time on the clock every play.
Ravens were the better team.

The late hike of the ball seems to be Kaps M.O.  He was real bad in the NFC conference title game too.
2/4/2013 11:41 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 2/4/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Missed call on helmet to helmet that nobody is talking about.  He might end up getting fined.  Go to :09 seconds (terrible quality, but its the first one i found)

www.youtube.com/watch
he wasn't a defenseless receiver at that point, which means that they aren't going to call that pretty much ever.
I guess I'd ask "what makes a defenseless receiver?" He's in the process of trying to catch the football.  
not when he was hit, he had taken two steps and the ball was already well past him. 
Favorite Teams
Baltimore Ravens

Maybe sit this one out, moranis.
had they have called a defensive holding on Smith, I wouldn't be up in arms, but I believe it was a good non-call.  Mike Pereira the former head of officials of the NFL does as well.  From his twitter "Tough play that is really close both ways. Good job not calling anything"

That was clearly not a defenseless receiver call.  Technically they still could have called it, but they never do except when the receiver is actually defenseless. 
2/4/2013 11:42 AM
The Ravens were the better team for the first half. The 49ers were far superior in the second half.

If 49ers special teams don't screw up and let Jones return the kick for a TD, they're probably taking a knee to seal it instead of losing on a botched non-call by the refs.

2/4/2013 11:42 AM
I don't think you can really blame the refs here. The call wasn't that bad. It definitely wasn't as bad as the phantom running into the kicker.
2/4/2013 11:49 AM

When you run it back in super slow motion, I'd call it a primarily hold, but in real speed I thought they were both just jousting over the ball.  Play wasn't really that much different than the no-call in the 49ers favor at the end of the NFC title game.  If you're gonna make that call in that situation, you have to damn well be sure, because Crabtree wasn't catching that ball anyway.

2/4/2013 11:50 AM
And the funny thing about the running into the kicker call is I've seen people using the fact that that wasn't ROUGHING the kicker as evidence of pro-Ravens bias.  Seriously?  I know Simms said it could have been on the broadcast, but I don't know what he was looking at.  And I was pulling for the Niners.
2/4/2013 11:54 AM
I was pulling for the niners all the way, but that call was more like 5 yard penalty for laying on the ground while the kicker sits on you.
2/4/2013 11:55 AM
Akers has always been really good with the "sell" on those kind of plays.
2/4/2013 11:58 AM
I blame Jim more than Kap. He's an inexperienced QB and the play calling did nothing to help him. The play calling was weak for SF all night and I doubt Kap was calling his own plays
2/4/2013 12:11 PM

www.youtube.com/watch
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

This describes Crabtree.  He was not yet capable of avoiding a hit to his head.  What does "the ball was already well past him" mean?  
2/4/2013 12:27 PM

In the spirit of full disclosure, 49er fan since 1970 here:

I'm not as angry about the non-call as many are.  I'm more ****** off by the ****** clock management and playcalling once the 49ers got to the 7-yard line.  Two minutes, four downs, and seven yards...  and they come up with the shittiest, stupidest play calls and execution of the year. 

Given the way the Ravens were clogging the middle, why not a SWEEP or the ******* read-option that had been successful for the last twenty minutes?  How about an indefensible slant pass?  They scored a touchdown on a misdirection sweep to the weak side... WTF happened to that?

Wasting TWO timeouts also cost them the game.  They could've had the ball back with 40 seconds left, needing a (gulp!) Akers field goal to tie.  But the playcalls (or Kaep) were slow in the huddle.  His inexperience showed up at the worst possible time.  You can put a great athlete on the field to do great athletic things, but he's gotta also be SMART when it counts.

2/4/2013 12:33 PM
The ref that ignored the ticky-tack holding call was also the one who called the PI on Culliver when he and Torrey Smith were pretty much doing the same thing on the other side.   I'd prefer that neither call be made, handfighting and jostling is part of the game.
2/4/2013 12:35 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.