Makes me sick... Topic

That's the thing - it IS about beliefs.

As I said: I believe the evidence is there on both sides. You believe it is only there for one side.

I don't care if you agree with me, and I am under zero obligation to prove any of my beliefs to you. Since that's the case, I can easily avoid a debate with you by not posting evidence myself (just as I have done).

If you'd like to see the evidence, you can easily look it up for yourself. The internet is amazing like that.

2/25/2013 2:02 PM
There isn't any to look up. It doesn't exist. Young earth theories aren't based on evidence. They are based on religion.
2/25/2013 2:24 PM
Remember when this was an NFL thread in an NFL discussion forum? Those were the days.

Also, bad_luck has no active teams. What kind of person would someone frequent this website just to use the forums?
2/25/2013 2:33 PM
There's some **** out there.  For instance, someone came up with the idea that the sun is getting smaller each year, and if you extrapolate that number for billions of years, the sun would have been too big for the Earth to have been around for that long.  Nobody else has been able to come up with the same numbers the original experimenters came up with, though.
2/25/2013 2:35 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/25/2013 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Remember when this was an NFL thread in an NFL discussion forum? Those were the days.

Also, bad_luck has no active teams. What kind of person would someone frequent this website just to use the forums?
No, I don't remember that at all.

A raging *******?
2/25/2013 4:53 PM
There isn't any to look up. It doesn't exist. Young earth theories aren't based on evidence. They are based on religion.

The evidence is there to be found, so what you're saying here means one of two things:

1. You didn't bother to look for anything at all;

2. You did look and found the evidence but don't want to admit it.

Either way, I don't care. Your insistence upon declaring something and having it be the case gets more ridiculous with nearly every post you make.

That's because bad_luck is a user name he created so he can cause trouble on the boards without letting people know his REAL identity which is used to play the games. Either that or he just doesn't play the games and his sole purpose here is to cause trouble.
Nobody else has been able to come up with the same numbers the original experimenters came up with, though.

Other theories are full of these types of things too.

For example, the Urey-Miller experiment is often cited by those arguing a pro-evolution stance despite the many flaws with the experiment, including evidence that suggests the early environment was not at all like the one used and that they manipulated the situation until it worked (which means they didn't allow it to develop on its own but rather used their intelligence to intervene, something which would ruin its validity in showing things could develop on their own).
2/26/2013 8:24 AM
We aren't arguing origin of life. Just the age of the earth. There's plenty we don't know about how life came to be. But we know the earth was around billions of years ago.
2/26/2013 11:30 AM
No one is arguing anything.

You've stating your beliefs, I've stated mine.

There is nothing to argue.

Also, please address the fact that several of us have pointed out (on many occasions) your lack of experience at the games this site and these boards are designed for.

2/26/2013 11:33 AM
You stated that there's equal amounts of evidence for a young earth as there is an old earth.

That's factually incorrect.
2/26/2013 11:36 AM
It's not factually incorrect at all - your inability to find the evidence doesn't make it nonexistent.

Also, please address the fact that several of us have pointed out (on many occasions) your lack of experience at the games this site and these boards are designed for.

2/26/2013 11:38 AM
Ray Lewis would be proud of this thread.
2/26/2013 11:39 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/26/2013 11:38:00 AM (view original):
It's not factually incorrect at all - your inability to find the evidence doesn't make it nonexistent.

The burden isn't on me to find evidence. You are the one claiming the evidence exists, the burden is on you to present it. Until you do, it doesn't exist.
2/26/2013 11:39 AM
The burden isn't on me to find evidence. You are the one claiming the evidence exists, the burden is on you to present it. Until you do, it doesn't exist.

There is no burden on me, as I don't care to prove anything to you.

Therefore, if you honestly want to find the information, you can do it yourself.

Funny, you still haven't addressed the fact that you have a startling lack of participation in the games these boards are here for.
2/26/2013 11:46 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/26/2013 11:46:00 AM (view original):

There is no burden on me, as I don't care to prove anything to you.

Therefore, if you honestly want to find the information, you can do it yourself.

Funny, you still haven't addressed the fact that you have a startling lack of participation in the games these boards are here for.
I'm not interested in finding the information, it doesn't exist.
2/26/2013 11:55 AM
You're also apparently not interested in addressing why you would post so much on these boards yet play the games on this site so little.
2/26/2013 12:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...53|54|55|56|57...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.