Makes me sick... Topic

Posted by nmchnv on 2/4/2013 9:14:00 AM (view original):

I am just happy a man so on page with the Lord as Ray Lewis is won. What a storybook ending to a career. God is great!

Jesus clearly favors Ray Lewis, a murderer, over Tim Tebow.
2/4/2013 6:19 PM
Who does Jesus love the best?

Votes: 5
(Last vote received: 2/5/2013 11:06 AM)
2/4/2013 6:22 PM
Posted by moranis on 2/4/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/4/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Pereira is a homer. I'm not sure I've ever heard him disagree with a refs call
you didn't read the article as he clearly says Williams should have been ejected when he shoved the ref.
Yeah, I think Pereira still has some company man in him even though he doesn't actually work for the NFL anymore, but I wouldn't go nearly so far as to call him a ref apologist - I've seen him call out mistakes live on Fox broadcasts.  And most of what he said about that play is just fact.  The ball was in the air when the contact occurred and before Crabtree had gone 5 yards, which means it would have had to be an interference call.  And though he didn't call it out, if it's a pass interference call, the question of whether the ball was catchable becomes relevant. 
2/4/2013 6:31 PM
It has to be Lewis. If he loved Tebow so much, he would have made Tebow good at football.
2/4/2013 6:31 PM
Tebow gives Jesus a bad name.
2/4/2013 6:39 PM

Did Jesus have a poor throwing motion too?

2/4/2013 7:06 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 2/4/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of "Making me sick", how many shots did Bar Refaeli have to drink before making out with the fat, pasty nerd?
I heard the shot 66 takes to get it right.
2/4/2013 8:04 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 2/4/2013 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 2/4/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/4/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Pereira is a homer. I'm not sure I've ever heard him disagree with a refs call
you didn't read the article as he clearly says Williams should have been ejected when he shoved the ref.
Yeah, I think Pereira still has some company man in him even though he doesn't actually work for the NFL anymore, but I wouldn't go nearly so far as to call him a ref apologist - I've seen him call out mistakes live on Fox broadcasts.  And most of what he said about that play is just fact.  The ball was in the air when the contact occurred and before Crabtree had gone 5 yards, which means it would have had to be an interference call.  And though he didn't call it out, if it's a pass interference call, the question of whether the ball was catchable becomes relevant. 
I'm not necessarily saying he got this one wrong.

I just can't recall a time they've gone to Pereira for an opinion on a call and he's said "ya, the ref blew it". If it's happened, great - I just haven't seen it.
2/4/2013 10:43 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 2/4/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of "Making me sick", how many shots did Bar Refaeli have to drink before making out with the fat, pasty nerd?
That was very, very disturbing.

The disturbing part was the sounds, I think.

I also don't find Bar Rafaeli to be nearly as attractive as she supposedly is. Not ugly, but nothing special. There are far too many women like that - given credit for looking great but I don't see anything special in them.
2/5/2013 8:29 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us.
2/5/2013 8:35 AM
If bistiza was face to face with Bar, he'd probably eat the corn out of her poop if he knew he was getting even a simple reacharound.
2/5/2013 8:49 AM
I'm beginning to think that biz likes swamp-like women.
2/5/2013 9:59 AM
While most of society defines a good-looking woman by the same boring and bland characteristics, "biz" actually chooses to think for himself, and "biz" likes a woman who doesn't have cookie-cutter society-defined looks.

There's nothing special about most women who are models or are considered good looking. They all have the same essential body type and the same facial features. Sure, they're not ugly by any means, but I find it amazing how many people think they are incredibly attractive when they have "dime a dozen" looks. You just don't realize it because you're told they're supremely attractive, both by societal pressures and sometimes explicitly, and you can't see beyond it.
2/5/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/5/2013 12:02:00 PM (view original):
While most of society defines a good-looking woman by the same boring and bland characteristics, "biz" actually chooses to think for himself, and "biz" likes a woman who doesn't have cookie-cutter society-defined looks.

There's nothing special about most women who are models or are considered good looking. They all have the same essential body type and the same facial features. Sure, they're not ugly by any means, but I find it amazing how many people think they are incredibly attractive when they have "dime a dozen" looks. You just don't realize it because you're told they're supremely attractive, both by societal pressures and sometimes explicitly, and you can't see beyond it.
Completely disagree.

When I was in college I parked cars at a trendy hotel. One day a cab pulled up and a young woman got out. She was wearing jeans, a plain tank top, had no make-up on, and her hair in a pony tail. The entire place froze. Men, literally in mid-sentence, stopped and watched her walk through the lobby and up to the front desk to check in. She was stunning and no one had any idea who she was.

After she went up to her room, a bunch of us crowded around the concierge desk while he looked up her name in the hotel system and googled her. It was Petra Nemcova.

You're right, for the most part, supermodels look like any other attractive woman you'd see in a bar on a Saturday night or laying out by the pool in Vegas. But there are tiny differences in symmetry that make the supermodels more attractive. You're free to be attracted to anyone you want but don't pretend that supermodel looks are a dime a dozen, because they aren't.
2/5/2013 12:19 PM
I'm not really big on the sickly, anorexic, bony-faced supermodel look either... or the way they flounce around when they walk. 

But to claim that society tells us what is attractive is naive.  Some things (and some people) are inherently more attractive than others.

Watch "Throw Momma from the Train" (Anne Ramsey) or Martha Plimpton doing anything if you want to see U-G-L-Y.
2/5/2013 12:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.