Drones Topic

I want to go on record and say that Repubs saying they are against O's drone strikes because they target U.S. citizens is stupid.  If a U.S. citizen takes up arms against his country, screw them.  They forfeit their rights as citizens.  They are by definition traitors.  To me, the Repubs who hold this position are playing politics, pure and simple.

The correct course is to say (1) you're vaporizing everyone, including those that could AND SHOULD be captured, because you (O) and the rest of the Dems don't want to interrogate the enemy; and (2) point out the hypocrisy of pitching a fit from '01-'08 re interrogation, and hammer home the point that vaporizing them is preferable to Dems than to capture them and interrogate them.

But please, please stop with the complete and utter BS that US citizens who have taken up arms against this country cannot be targeted and killed.
2/7/2013 10:00 AM
By that logic our ancestors were all traitors and should have been wiped out by the queen!
2/7/2013 10:06 AM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 2/7/2013 10:00:00 AM (view original):
I want to go on record and say that Repubs saying they are against O's drone strikes because they target U.S. citizens is stupid.  If a U.S. citizen takes up arms against his country, screw them.  They forfeit their rights as citizens.  They are by definition traitors.  To me, the Repubs who hold this position are playing politics, pure and simple.

The correct course is to say (1) you're vaporizing everyone, including those that could AND SHOULD be captured, because you (O) and the rest of the Dems don't want to interrogate the enemy; and (2) point out the hypocrisy of pitching a fit from '01-'08 re interrogation, and hammer home the point that vaporizing them is preferable to Dems than to capture them and interrogate them.

But please, please stop with the complete and utter BS that US citizens who have taken up arms against this country cannot be targeted and killed.
You are a sheep.
2/7/2013 10:24 AM
The FF were traitors. Methinks members of AQ won't be vindicated like the FF were.

Waterboarding/Interrogation was a failure. Made the USA look terrible, was a net negative for intel, and now have people at Gitmo that we can't get rid of.
2/7/2013 10:38 AM
Posted by usfbully on 2/7/2013 10:24:00 AM (view original):

You are a sheep.
Explain.
2/7/2013 1:00 PM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 2/7/2013 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 2/7/2013 10:24:00 AM (view original):

You are a sheep.
Explain.
The government (both Dems and Republicans) continue to push for a police state, and people are eating it up with crap like this. Why do you think they push to revoke "automatic weapons" rights while they go out and purchase vast quantities of them (labeling them self defense weapons), hundreds of thousands of rounds of hollow point bullets, etc...? They are systematically disarming the populace, and the sheep are bahing all the way to the pen.

There are no party lines, they are the same scum whether they have an *** or an elephant behind their name. Stop falling for the theater they put on the main stream media, its all bull ****.

Are you familiar with the story of how the (illegal) federal income tax passed? The Republicans proposed it, under the assumption that it was so asinine that it would no doubt get voted down. It's now been 100 years and the feds have been fleecing the working class for 30% of their income to fund a perpetual war (how many "peace" time years can you count since 1913?) and get the inflation train going through the Federal Reserve. The gun "issue" is playing out the same way. The Dems pushing for it, riling up the people. The Repubs giving in and making a proposal because it will get voted down....

2/7/2013 1:38 PM (edited)
First off, nothing about this thread has anything to do with what you just wrote.  Second, there is a big difference between the Repubs and the Dems when it comes to the govt, the size of govt, and the "push for a police state".

As to the federal income tax, explain to me why there were income taxes from time to time (ruled Constitutional by the Supreme Court) before the 16th Amendment?

Regarding "perpetual war" for the last 100 years, please spare me.  If you want to be a Ron Paul disciple, that is your prerogative, but if you think having our military retreat to our borders will help with the security of this country, well then you are a fool.

2/7/2013 1:59 PM

From 2001 to 2008, a lot of us at National Review said, “American liberals won’t really support the War on Terror until they’re in charge. They have to run it. Then they’ll be okay. Guantanamo, the Patriot Act, all that — those things will look better to them, once they’re in charge, as inevitably they will be.”

Sure. I must say, though, that I’m a little surprised at the calm with which liberals have taken drone attacks — particularly attacks on U.S. citizens. They went nuts over waterboarding. But zappin’ ’em dead? No problem.

If Republicans were doing this, oh, man: We’d be called the worst thing since Hitler. (You say that we’re called that anyway? Well, you have a good point.)

www.nationalreview.com/articles/340010/droning-c-jay-nordlinger

2/7/2013 2:00 PM
"...but if you think having our military retreat to our borders will help with the security of this country, well then you are a fool."

America gets its nose in every country in the Middle East; terrorist organization flies planes into our buildings, 3000+ die.  Yep, I feel safe.
2/7/2013 3:33 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/7/2013 10:38:00 AM (view original):
The FF were traitors. Methinks members of AQ won't be vindicated like the FF were.

Waterboarding/Interrogation was a failure. Made the USA look terrible, was a net negative for intel, and now have people at Gitmo that we can't get rid of.
The FF were only vindicated because they won the war.
2/7/2013 3:39 PM
ONE MANS FREEDOM FIGHTER IS ANOTHER MANS TURRORIST
2/7/2013 3:41 PM
Posted by antoncresten on 2/7/2013 3:41:00 PM (view original):
ONE MANS FREEDOM FIGHTER IS ANOTHER MANS TURRORIST
This is true.

There is a difference between right and wrong, and between freedom and oppression.

As Americans we try to treat everyone fairly, and we try not to say that our way is right and yours is wrong. We feel uncomfortable with that.

In reality there are some nations in the world that do not have freedom.

And no one has more freedom than we do.
2/7/2013 5:36 PM
2/7/2013 5:46 PM
I like drones.  They save US lives.
2/7/2013 8:45 PM
12 Next ▸
Drones Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.