Merge All Aliases Topic

I have no problem with roomies of whatever type playing in a world together. The mention of that was in the framework of aliases. Those could be "legit" owners who would falsely appear as aliases, so I suggested the sub-acount naming thing as an option. But I don't have a problem with a father and son, or whatever, in the same world as a general rule.
2/12/2013 11:40 AM
Posted by KPMcClave on 2/12/2013 11:35:00 AM (view original):
"Simply put, I don't know why anyone would want to run two teams in one world if not to increase their chances of winning UNLESS it's just so the world can roll. "

It's just so the world can roll. How many times do I have to write that?!

So, why do you think that intentionally abandoning teams in addition to the ones we get organically is *not* bad for a world?

Why do you think someone would pay $15 to abandon a team?

Also, if they were fine with doing that(I've already said $15 isn't life-changing money), why wouldn't they just transfer the team to someone else after rollover?  Or just buy someone a team?

Also, a new owner not checking in can be replaced in 5 days in the pre-season.   They'll miss some things but an attentive world can find an owner quickly.
2/12/2013 11:40 AM
tec, I can't explain to you why someone would spend 24.95 to cheat with aliases, but they defintiely do. Frankly, given the context of this discussion, your question is sort of ridiculous.
2/12/2013 12:37 PM

"Why" isn't important. Anymore than "why" is important when they pay 24.95 to cheat...people ask that very same question then. Although in this case it's a circular question anyway, since the answer is in the question.

It is happening.

I'm done with this thread. Nothing will be done about the issue anyway and I get the feeling you're arguing just to argue now, Mike.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

2/12/2013 12:42 PM
Yet no one, except you, think it's happening with greater frequency than before.  

It has happened.   Regardless of what WifS does or doesn't do, it will continue to happen.   What you're asking for is WifS to require a DNA test to join their website and pay to play their games.    It's a poor business move on their part to do what you ask.
2/12/2013 1:55 PM
Posted by KPMcClave on 2/12/2013 12:37:00 PM (view original):
tec, I can't explain to you why someone would spend 24.95 to cheat with aliases, but they defintiely do. Frankly, given the context of this discussion, your question is sort of ridiculous.
No.  You are saying that people are buying teams with aliases just to fill the world and get it going.  And then they abandon the extra team. 

Why would they do that?
2/12/2013 2:06 PM
Well, if you do it with a new alias, it is only 5 bucks now, so I could see it especially in a world that's having a hard time filling.  That being said, if I did it, I'd still at least nurse the team through FA/coach hiring to it doesn't immediately become a trainwreck.
2/12/2013 2:09 PM
If you cared about the world, at all, you'd find a replacement as soon as you bought the team. 
2/12/2013 2:29 PM
Meh, an investment of $5 and fifteen minutes to create an alias is more than I would spend to get a league running.  But if I had a sure-fire World Series champion roster, I might consider it.  But my teams always suck so I guess that point is moot....

Never mind.
2/12/2013 3:25 PM
Last time I looked at the poll at the top of this thread it had 34 votes. Now it only has 33. I wonder if an alias got booted. LOL.
3/1/2013 11:06 AM
Posted by KPMcClave on 2/12/2013 12:42:00 PM (view original):

"Why" isn't important. Anymore than "why" is important when they pay 24.95 to cheat...people ask that very same question then. Although in this case it's a circular question anyway, since the answer is in the question.

It is happening.

I'm done with this thread. Nothing will be done about the issue anyway and I get the feeling you're arguing just to argue now, Mike.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

"I'm done with this thread"

then he posts again?

KPMcClave=bistiza?

3/4/2013 3:13 AM
There is only one bistiza.
3/4/2013 6:02 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Merge All Aliases Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.