A Managers' Nightmare TEMP Forum Topic

Dwood or Randy this is what I have so far, cut and paste edit or what ever you might need to do. Maybe we can get things in order here.  Just a thought
2/10/2013 3:07 PM
Randy/2 take  Ed Reulbach SP Newark Peppers 1915288 IP
2/10/2013 4:10 PM
Does cinn kelly's killers have 2 owners? (numbers 2 and 9 ) in list above
2/10/2013 4:37 PM

The pick shown above as my 1st rnd pick and as illegal is neither.  It is my second rnd pick.  The only thing is I made it first because by the time I signed on this morning I was already behind by 3 picks and the draft was in the 4th rnd.  Also, I had a note about someone else picking errantly for my team so I held off on making a selection for rnd 1.  But I didn't want to wait forever before making any selections as the draft was already in rnd 4 and I had to leave for church.

So here are my picks thus far:

1. Adonis Terry - Brooklyn Grays (entered 4th on my roster but a 200IP+ SP)
  2. Jim Archer - Kansas City A's (entered 1st)
  3. Pedro Martinez - Montreal Expos (entered 2nd)
  4. Jim McCormick - Providence Grays (entered 3rd, but after 4th rnd and is a RP)
2/10/2013 5:23 PM
Moengod--this is just one of many time more than one ownerdrafts from the same franchise.  Also in round1,I had the Newark Peppers and so did Guerra44.
He had to wait for me to pick because I had an earlier draft slot.  I had to wait because the player I wanted may have been drafted by another owner before me becausehe played for more than one team.  I hope this helps you see how slow the draft can be if we want to get it done right.
2/10/2013 6:40 PM

sent site mail. it was round 16. picked my rd 12 pick then proceeded through my picks

2/11/2013 7:43 AM

It should be exactly this way. rd 12 followed by round 1-11. 13-16. sorry if it messed everything up. I have to work and pick late. It doesnt effect players picked already or future picks

2/11/2013 7:47 AM
randy made the swap dumped henry porter for la dodger don sutton thanks for your help
2/11/2013 9:39 AM
Randy, thanks -
2/11/2013 9:51 AM

I'm wondering if we shouldn't just start the draft over from the beginning?  I imagine WIS could reset that for us.  I am also confused about why this isn't a snake-style draft.  Seems like that would make more sense.  Anyway, I'm in eiher way.  Just some thoughts.  Any comments?

2/11/2013 10:32 AM
ybjsports--In answer to style of draft, it is all a matter of luck.  The randomizer spits out the new numbers each round.
Like Clint Eastwood said in the movie "Feel Lucky"?  So far I would say no.
2/11/2013 10:55 AM
With the draft of Don Sutton in the first round and me having the next LA Dodger pick with Randy/1 in Round 3 I am claiming Sandy Koufax
2/11/2013 10:58 AM
randy - i understand that is how the teams for each round were assigned, but in the actual draft the order is the same every round.  moengod picks first every round, etc.  That is the part I'm saying seems like it ought to be snake style.
2/11/2013 11:00 AM
ybjsports--the picks are random.  Moengod had the first pick in Round1, Round 2 starts with Deadwood.
it changer order each time.  The picks go in the same order as when the franchise is assigned.
Round1 started with
1.  Moengod picking first from the Baltimore Orioles
2.  6packattack---Cincinnatti Kelly's Killers
3.  Alex-------------Detroit Tigers

You alway pick in the order listedby owner and franchise so you have a legal player.
2/11/2013 12:37 PM
randy, i think ybj is following the WIS draft info, including which round to be picking.  it is confusing when we keep getting reminders that our picks are up...
2/11/2013 12:47 PM
1|2|3...14 Next ▸
A Managers' Nightmare TEMP Forum Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.