who do you know Topic

Dinner with Dave Wannstedt
Dinner with Wes Unseld
Lost a one on one game 11-0 to Eddie Jordan
Have a permanent injury since taking an offensive foul from Terence Stansbury...he put up 20 against me and another 20 after they carried me off the court.

2/15/2013 11:09 PM
I met Roger Maris, Hank Bauer and Elston Howard at a grocery store in Raytown, MO ( suburb of KC, MO ).  They were in a walk-in cooler drinking a beer and I knocked over a bunch of liquor pints.  They and the owner came out to see the ruckus and got a great laugh.  I was in awe and they were very nice.  

I had a beer with Marv Hubbard while he was in KC for a football gathering.  Very nice guy.  I was very surprised.

Played high school charity basketball against, Otis Taylor, Mike Livingston, Dave Hill and several other KC Chiefs in early 70's.  Had a great conversation with O. Taylor.  Very sociable and very competetive at everything.

I sold men's clothing to Bobby Bell and his son.  Became quite sociable.  He would call and ask if I would let him come in at closing, lock up, and let him take his time.

Sold clothes, many times to Frank White.  He is ag nice a man as he was a great second baseman.

2/26/2013 5:00 PM
I met Robbie Cano at a baseball signing, he was really friendly. I was running the track the same time as A-Rod and Cameron Diaz while I was finishing up school in Tampa, I didn't want to bother them though, and have nothing nice to say to A-Rod, only Cameron.

The only other guy I've met is Walt "Clyde" Fraizer, before a Knicks game. I told him he "you're a legend." His response "Oh I know."

2/26/2013 5:49 PM
◂ Prev 123
who do you know Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.