what happened to this guy? Topic

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=2289267.  Is it because he was coming off the bench last year?
2/13/2013 7:08 PM
Well, for one his shots per minute went up by more than a third. So either his distro was highe or those around him had less.
2/13/2013 7:20 PM
Could be that he's a starter now, but I think the real culprit is you're running him into the ground stamina-wise.  Check your pbp vs. Chicago St.  See how often he's GT, T, and VT with all those orange colors?  That's no good.  Fiddle with your depth chart and or stamina settings.  When you're running FCP, you really need to try to stick with Fairly Fresh except in special situations where your backup is much worse than the starter.
2/13/2013 7:21 PM
jdno, the reason he was GT, T, & VT was his back up fouled out in 8 minutes. So he had to play more tired.  
2/13/2013 7:39 PM
ok, fair enough on that game, I was lazy and didn't check the boxscore.  I checked a few other games and noticed there were some intervals where the pbp said he was Tiring.  Is he set to FF?  Are all your guys set to FF?
2/13/2013 8:07 PM
Yes, with FCP like you said I have all my guys set to FF.  I usually play slowdown or normal tempo speed.  I think maybe because he's starting now.  I switched his back up who fouls alot with some else.  My freshman have better rating as far as Ath, speed, def, but there still freshman.    Last game I made him a back up and he still went 0-3 and 0-2 3pt.  Thought speed, per, BH, and  IQ were decent to be a better scorer.
2/13/2013 8:12 PM
So I looked through quite a few of your games and in probably close to half of the pbp stamina boxes he's shown as Tiring (along with your 2 bigs, who seem to have some stamina issues of their own...not uncommon for bigs actually, just saying).  In the last 2 games where he didn't start, I saw just 1 instance where he was Tiring...but yeah, he was still 0/6 combined in those games.  Small sample sizes for these???  I'm not sure what to tell you, although I'm guessing your 3-pt setting is 0 for him.  If it is, I'd move him to -1 and put him back in as the starter.  I think you need his IQ and higher BH/P over your freshman.  You'd like him to be as productive as he was last season, but for some reason it ain't happening, but I'd tighten that rope on his 3-pt frequency a bit and see if he can simply become more efficient as a scorer, even if it's not from downtown.  Hit more mid-ranges, get to the line a bit more, maybe get the opposing starter in more foul trouble that could be key in a game or two.  Last year his 5 minutes less a game seemed ideal off the bench; this year as a starter he's tiring more often and simply dismal from the field.
2/13/2013 9:51 PM
I would pull back on the 3 point setting and put him back in the starting lineup.
2/13/2013 10:08 PM
I think it's a combination of factors.

Part is that most guys are more efficient coming off the bench -- facing weaker comp, playing shorter bursts with no fatigue, etc.
Part is that the increased distro will make him less efficient.
Part is that he likely overachieved a bit last season.
Part is that he's underachieving this season, and it's a small sample size, it happens.
Part is that he's tiring out.

There could be something else, but I think those factors all combine together to produce this result. The good news is that I still think the underachieving part is a significant portion of the equation, and I would expect his numbers to go up over the second half of the season. But with the small sample sizes we have, oftentimes it's as much bad luck as anything else.

2/13/2013 10:51 PM
thanks guys.  I'll change his 3pt to -1 put him in starting lineup.  The problem is in flex I need good per, pass, & speed.  All my per guys can't shoot worth a **** this year.  I can't find a good starting lineup.  I'm going with this:  PG Orr, Penington;  SG Pickett, Primm;  SF Blue, Brown or Skipper;  PF McVicker, Vanhoy; C  Hodges, Chapman.  I like my freshman, but don't think there ready for full time.  Should I play slowdown or normal?
2/14/2013 10:10 PM
I'd put Pennington, Blue, and Picket at -1 on 3's.  Take advantage of their high FT grades and FT% and get to the line more often.  And I'd almost guarantee their 3FG% would increase as well. 

Also, I'd reduce the distro to your freshmen and definitely turn their 3-pt settings down to -1.  It's hard for freshmen to contribute offensively with points imo.  Increase the distro to Orr, Pennington, Blue, and Pickett and I think you'll be better offensively. 

I think Normal is fine, but so is Slowdown against the better teams and  Uptempo against worse teams, esp. if playing at home. 

For me the real key would be getting those guys to the line more often.
2/15/2013 6:09 AM

OK, TY jdno.  Looks like I won my last game.  I got Blue & Pickett set 15 each at -1 & 0 respectively.  Orr and Pennington 8 both at -1 and my two good big man at 5.  We will see.  Hoping to see improvement in FG% for Orr and Penington.  Thanks again.

2/15/2013 9:58 PM
what happened to this guy? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.