I have a player with no make up (0), all the rest is good, hitting, defense,  is he gonna reach the ML?
2/15/2013 8:03 AM
Can you post the player?
2/15/2013 8:18 AM
I don't understand the question.    Do you not think he's a BL player now? 
2/15/2013 9:12 AM
Because of his makeup, I'm not sure if he is gonna play in the major league. If he will be good.
2/15/2013 9:17 AM
In the games he will play he will be fine.
2/15/2013 9:44 AM
To the best of my knowledge, make-up only affects development/decline. 
2/15/2013 9:51 AM
Looks to have developed fine, but would this all mean that if or when he gets injured (61 Health), he's at risk of declining skills?

2/15/2013 9:53 AM

His decline will probably occur earlier and more sharply when he gets older.

For now, he's ML ready as a hitter.  A bit weak behind the plate, but overall he should be in the lineup for most ML teams.

2/15/2013 10:33 AM
Im surprised he gained that many ratings points with 0 makeup.
2/15/2013 11:12 AM
Isn't it kind of silly for this to be a known rating when in real life it's the most unpredictable thing about a human being? But then also IRL its far more damaging. Would anyone have blown top draft picks on Matt Bush or Josh Hamilton knowing they had -250 makeup ratings?
I guess in HBD we don't have to live with DUIs and PED suspensions.
2/15/2013 11:14 AM
I think the "far more damaging" is key. 

That said, those seeking "more randomness" would probably enjoy the boom/bust possibilities of the low make-up guys.   It would certainly make the draft a bit tougher.    Say a 10 make-up player has superstar potential.    But, at 10, there's a 70% chance he'll be a complete dud.    If nothing else, the top 5 should stay away from him(because you can't "miss" with a top 5, IMO).    6-10 would have to decide if the gamble is worth it based on what else they see.   In a good draft, he could drop into the 20s.    Of course, if someone dicks up, picks him 2nd and watches him flounder, they still have the option of dumping the team.
2/15/2013 11:29 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/15/2013 11:29:00 AM (view original):

That said, those seeking "more randomness" would probably enjoy the boom/bust possibilities of the low make-up guys.   It would certainly make the draft a bit tougher.    Say a 10 make-up player has superstar potential.    But, at 10, there's a 70% chance he'll be a complete dud.    If nothing else, the top 5 should stay away from him(because you can't "miss" with a top 5, IMO).    6-10 would have to decide if the gamble is worth it based on what else they see.   In a good draft, he could drop into the 20s.    Of course, if someone dicks up, picks him 2nd and watches him flounder, they still have the option of dumping the team.
This is one simple way to introduce more complex, probabilistic decision-making into HBD without making it truly, totally random.  HBD's most important improvement, imo, would be to introduce high risk/high reward players, that you could know, with adequate scouting, were high risk/high reward, into the draft and international pools.
2/15/2013 2:45 PM
Posted by jeanpaul22 on 2/15/2013 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Terry Lee
He is done progressing pretty much already, regardless of the makeup.  He is also big league capable now.

His low/no makeup will come into play with a sooner, and faster decline...as well as should he get injured, his comeback will be less than ideal.

2/15/2013 3:04 PM
Posted by dedelman on 2/15/2013 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/15/2013 11:29:00 AM (view original):

This is one simple way to introduce more complex, probabilistic decision-making into HBD without making it truly, totally random.  HBD's most important improvement, imo, would be to introduce high risk/high reward players, that you could know, with adequate scouting, were high risk/high reward, into the draft and international pools.
I like this idea a lot, wish they would include something like that.
2/15/2013 3:19 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.