Pointless QB exercise Topic

Also at no point have I said Rodgers is 7th all time.  I'm not even a Rodgers fan, and I'm sure as hell not a Green Bay fan.  I'm picking 7th in an 8 team snake draft with the 10 pick coming back around.  Maybe I should have picked the guy with four rings, Bradshaw, and made all your heads asplode.

2/21/2013 11:45 AM
"Looking for 7 others to have a 4 round snake style draft of all time QBs...."

2/21/2013 11:47 AM

Every QB will have a wart or two.   Forcing damag to defend his QB's warts before the next pick is made seems silly as you're already telling everyone else how you're going to criticize their pick. 

2/21/2013 11:53 AM

We've already seen that the #3 pick was criticized.  Anyone I could have picked at the #7 would be criticized.

Just how it goes.  In the week before the Colts vs. Saints Super Bowl, all the media stories started to be about "If Manning wins a second SB, does it make him the GOAT?"  One game-sealing pick and that story line disappeared.

2/21/2013 12:11 PM
BTW we're picking 32 QBs in total.  I've made a GOAT list with 33 on it.  It'll be interesting to see who others pick who I don't have on this list.  And BTW, for all the talking we do about "Great" QBs, the fact is that the list actually thins out real badly after about 16.  There are probably more great golfers in history than great QBs.

2/21/2013 12:14 PM

All will be criticized for a shortcoming.   That's kind of the point of this pointless exercise.   We're going to make a case for our 4 being the best and the other 7 will explain why you're a moron.   We just got an early start with you.

2/21/2013 12:16 PM
Better than being criticized in a **** draft, I guess.  I think.

2/21/2013 12:31 PM
I'm hoping Doug Williams lasts four more picks.

Oh damn, tipped my hand, didn't I?
2/21/2013 12:39 PM
Since jtpops seems to have disappeared, I'll draft for him.

Using damag's system, Vince Young.   Big, fast, strong arm.   Should be really good.
2/21/2013 1:20 PM
I'm here, gimme a sec
2/21/2013 2:01 PM
Blows being at the end. I'll take Marino and Fouts
2/21/2013 2:03 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/21/2013 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Blows being at the end. I'll take Marino and Fouts
Great picks

/not sarcasm
2/21/2013 2:11 PM
Obviously if we're judging entire careers I can't take Rodgers.  If you go by that measure, you can't take Manning over Brady.

I'm sorry in advance, but you've GOT to be kidding.

Manning is so far above Brady the light from Manning would take a million years to reach Brady. Saying Brady is better is like saying Scottie Pippen was better than Michael Jordan all along. Pippen was good, but Jordan is clearly better - same deal with Manning being clearly better than Brady.
2/21/2013 2:12 PM

Berman: Mel, looks like Damag is on the clock, who's left on your board?

Kiper: Well, Boomer, he filled a need for a young, relatively unproven talent in the first round.  I look for Damag to shift to an older QB.  Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, or maybe a Sammy Baugh/Otto Graham right here.  Lots of directions he can go.

Mort: Tec is waiting for Staubach.  Based on his preference so far, I don't think he'll let Staubach pass him by.

Kiper: I see tons of upside with Staubach.  No telling what might have been if he hadn't gone into the Navy after winning the Heisman.

2/21/2013 2:19 PM
Berman: OK, the first round is complete.  Your thoughts?

Kiper: Well, aside from the Rodgers pick, pretty much to form.  I believe Rodgers would've been there in the second round coming back, but Damag must not have wanted the stats-heavy resumes of Marino, Fouts, or Brees.  Clearly, he wanted someone with a ring as his bell-cow.

Mort: Brees has a ring.  And has had a longer career

Kiper: Yeah, but he's..... SHORT.  And Brees could not have succeeded in any other generation.  He's a pocket passer who is only 5'11".  Forget the press guide, this guy is SHORT.

Berman: What about JTP at the turn taking Fouts?

Kiper:  Tough to say.  He wouldn't have been available coming back in the 3rd or 4th.  But he already had Marino, so he filled his quota for quarterbacks with millions of yards and no rings.  A Marino/Bradshaw or Marino/Staubach or, even better, a Marino/Graham combination might have served him better.  Now, EVERYONE on the board has more rings than he does, and he's picked twice.  He might be able to argue for statistical bulk, but he's dead if they're comparing rings.
2/21/2013 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...19 Next ▸
Pointless QB exercise Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.