Pointless QB exercise Topic

Uh, since you're not participating in this "draft", what the **** are you doing here?

I fully expected people who aren't involved to post but, if you're gonna criticize someone who isn't involved, maybe you shouldn't be here either.    You know?

2/20/2013 1:43 PM
OK, seriously - I'll help.

kern_82 - Joe Montana
MikeT23 - Peyton Manning
stinenavy - Tom Brady
burnsy - Steve Young
edsortails - Johnny Unitas
tecwrg - John Elway
damag - Aaron Rodgers
Jtsops 

Jtsops 
damag 
tecwrg 
edsortails 
burnsy 
stinenavy 
MikeT23 
kern_82 

kern_82 
MikeT23 
stinenavy 
burnsy 
edsortails 
tecwrg 
damag 
Jtsops 

Jtsops 
damag 
tecwrg 
edsortails 
burnsy 
stinenavy 
MikeT23 
kern_82
2/20/2013 1:47 PM
2/20/2013 1:47 PM
2/20/2013 1:49 PM
I'm surprised by the Rogers over Marino or Brees pick.
2/20/2013 1:50 PM
Brees, not so much.   Both have several years left so their body of work is incomplete.   Since edso seems to be leading this towards a debate over the best quartet drafted, it seems like a tough argument to make when someone is roughly halfway thru their career. 
2/20/2013 1:53 PM
You wouldn't take Brees over Rodgers? Rodgers is only 29, he still has plenty of time to go all Phil Rivers on us.
2/20/2013 1:57 PM
Jtsops has a prime chance to grab both Brees and Marino, but he'll probably take Flacco and Boller.
2/20/2013 2:00 PM

I won't tell you why I wouldn't take Brees over Rodgers until someone drafts Brees.

2/20/2013 2:11 PM
I really wish I would have gotten in on this. I could have picked virtually anyone and been ahead of at least one person so far.
2/20/2013 2:16 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/20/2013 2:16:00 PM (view original):
I really wish I would have gotten in on this. I could have picked virtually anyone and been ahead of at least one person so far.
The guy that picked Rodgers?
2/20/2013 2:37 PM
updates to picks are being done on page 1....
2/20/2013 2:38 PM
Ahem.  The first six picks came off exactly the way I expected.  I was hoping for Elway to slip to me, but no go.  IMO BIG drop to #7.  So I picked Rodgers because he is technically one of the best all-field throwers I have ever seen, he runs a modern state of the art offense, he has a ring, and he runs almost as well as Young IMO.  That's three areas in which he beats Marino, and two in which he beats Brees.

After the turn I have pick 10 coming back around, at which point I could very well add Marino or Brees anyway... or go all old school and gritty.  As I recall we will be judged on the merits of our quartet at the end of this exercise.

2/20/2013 2:46 PM
And BTW I judge QBs in a vacuum, just their observed skills against each other.  So yes, I do believe Rodgers is a better actual player than anyone left on the board.  Look at the stats, and if you want to tell me they're just stats, I would say to look at Marino because there's nothing there but accumulations of stats.

2/20/2013 2:51 PM
You should just take Vince Young since you already lost.
2/20/2013 3:01 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
Pointless QB exercise Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.