Seble, are you alive? Topic

I'd like to see the elimination of pull downs in DI. Prestige will out but if nobody but Yale goes after a 4 star, they should get him.Would contribute to parity.  Also like to see the A+ guys have a more difficult time snatching lower rated players to fill out classes. In real life, would a kid choose to ride the bench at Duke or start for 4 years at Furman? Make start and minutes promises more powerful. Also, add another distance level from 370-500. Would increase battles and may increase the A+'s challenging one another.
And, they have to start up the firing logic and loosen up the hiring logic. IBA is down 6 DI coaches again.
This game does not need an overhaul, just some increased attention. (Note: belittling those responsible for the game is not helpful. Positively criticizing and suggesting should be.)

2/20/2013 5:44 PM (edited)
Has anyone noticed how long it's been since any of the Dynasty games have had a Developer Chat?  It's be a looooooonnnnnngggg time!!
2/20/2013 7:23 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 2/19/2013 10:10:00 PM (view original):
I think the game is great as is...I'm 29 and I feel like in general, the more "improvements" that are made to a game, the worse it gets.  My favorite Madden is 2005, my favorite NCAA Football is 2004, my favorite basketball game is NBA 2K5, my favorite baseball and hockey games are SNES titles and my favorite soccer game is FIFA 2006.

Obviously these aren't directly related to WIS and/or "text" games, however the basic principles hold true...you can't turn games into overly-complex, pseudo-annoying rubix cubes, just because people are "clamoring" for change(s) and/or you're trying to add a new feature to push "next year's" game/product.

And not to bash Scott too much here, I don't necessarily trust in him making game engine/situation changes because I guess I feel like he's more likely to screw something up as oppose to improving a presumed flaw...part of this statement is fueled by my love of HD as is, but part of it is also staked on me seeing him make Michael Jackson's face out of the NBA sim...

I agree with Colonels. A couple of years ago I was also playing GD. When they came out with a new engine and a lot of improvements, the game became too complex for me to try to re-learn. That's when I left and took on more HD teams. I like the game the way it is in general, but I do think that it should be easier for coaches at Big 6 schools to be fired, an I also think it should be easier to get good jobs at D1 if you have a long (20+years) of stellar history at D3 or D2. I was at Palm Beach Atlantic in Phelan for nearly 30 years. Had 5 National championships and 3-4 more championship game appearances. Over 80% winning percentage in the national Tournament, and the conference I was in was always the #1 conference with tough competition. Yet, I could not qualify for a B- school in the Ivy League. Those are really the main flaws I see other than giving you more than 2 hours for opening recruiting - that alone would make a lot of people happy.

2/20/2013 7:45 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 2/20/2013 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Agree. One thing I'd like to see, for instance, that would be pretty easy is a chance to the auto-adjust positioning. Right now, you can basically turn it off or let it go +/- 2. I'd love to see an option where you could turn auto-adjust on but make a maximum adjustment of +/- 1. I'm not so confident in my strategies that I don't think a little tinkering couldn't help them, but I've auto-adjusted into some idiotic defenses. 

This is another thing that would be very, very easy to implement.
I like this idea too.

2/20/2013 7:46 PM
◂ Prev 123
Seble, are you alive? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.