John Elway- Football
Michael Jordan- Basketball
2/19/2013 8:01 PM
Michael Jordan
Ken Griffey Jr.
Edgar Martinez
Jerry Rice
Steve Largent

As an honorable mention, I'll say that Russell Wilson quickly jumped up my list of current favorite players, and I wouldn't be surprised if I would put him in my top 5 in the next 10 years.
2/19/2013 8:15 PM
The only rule I will set is I have to have watched them play in my lifetime. Most of these are from my favorite sports teams.

1. Bob Gibson
2. Roman Gabriel
3. Hakeem Olajuwon
4. Deacon Jones
5. Pete Maravich
6. Lou Brock
7. Muhammad Ali

2/19/2013 10:48 PM (edited)
Baseball: Andy Pettitte

Hockey: Patrick Roy

Football: Barry Sanders
2/19/2013 9:10 PM
Lawrence Taylor; the best linebacker I have ever seen and a guy that changed the way teams would play the Giants.
Jimmy Brown who would carry the Browns on his back.
Mohammed Ali who I respected as a man and a fighter.
Diego "Chico" Corrales who won  the best fight I ever saw when he beat Jose Luis Castillo. They beat hell out of each other for 9 rounds, both fighters refusing to back off. In the 10th Corrales  was knocked down twice and seemed out of the fight. Then he rallied from nowhere and pummeled Castillo until the ref had to stop it.   "Rest in Peace Chico".

2/19/2013 9:34 PM
1. Herschel Walker
2. Jordan (more so at UNC)
3. Dominique Wilkins
2/19/2013 9:38 PM
Posted by mojolad on 2/19/2013 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Lawrence Taylor; the best linebacker I have ever seen and a guy that changed the way teams would play the Giants.
Jimmy Brown who would carry the Browns on his back.
Mohammed Ali who I respected as a man and a fighter.
Diego "Chico" Corrales who won  the best fight I ever saw when he beat Jose Luis Castillo. They beat hell out of each other for 9 rounds, both fighters refusing to back off. In the 10th Corrales  was knocked down twice and seemed out of the fight. Then he rallied from nowhere and pummeled Castillo until the ref had to stop it.   "Rest in Peace Chico".

Roberto Clemente and Pele also.
2/19/2013 11:01 PM

Mean Joe Greene
Michael Jordan
Franco Harris
Ronnie Lott
Jerry Rice
Joe Montana
Eric Dickerson
Mario Lemieux
The Killer B's (Bonilla, Bonds, Bell)
Terry Bradshaw
Jerome Bettis
Charles Barkley
Walter Davis--Greyhound

2/19/2013 11:13 PM
Jack Lambert
Dick Butkus
Magic Johnson
Tim Duncan
Jack Morris
Roger Clemens (yeah, yeah, I don't care)
Mark Messier
Wayne Gretsky
Randy Couture

2/19/2013 11:33 PM
Randy Savage.

While wrestling isnt a sport he sure as hell is an athlete. 
2/19/2013 11:59 PM
Posted by jhard70 on 2/19/2013 11:13:00 PM (view original):

Mean Joe Greene
Michael Jordan
Franco Harris
Ronnie Lott
Jerry Rice
Joe Montana
Eric Dickerson
Mario Lemieux
The Killer B's (Bonilla, Bonds, Bell)
Terry Bradshaw
Jerome Bettis
Charles Barkley
Walter Davis--Greyhound

Lotsa Pittsburgh guys there?  Did you REALLY just list a dog?  lol
2/20/2013 12:21 AM

As a kid, all of my teams wore black and gold!  Absolutely listed the Greyhound, also known by Suns fans as "Sweet D", and/or the "Candyman."

2/20/2013 12:41 AM

Rick Reuschel

2/20/2013 2:37 AM
Gil Perrault was my favorite hockey player. His end to end rushes were legendary.
I wasn't a Bruins fan but Bobby Orr is the best hockey player of all time.
Bo Jackson "Bo Knows" 4 HR game and 90 yard TD runs. You can also ask Brian Bosworth!! Need I say more?
Roger Staubach
Larry Bird
Bob McAdoo Buffalo had a Pro Basketball team named the Braves and McAdoo was the star. Two for McAdoo!!
Grew up watching O.J. Simpson play. He was amazing.
Daryl Lamonica I am going way back. I loved the Silver and Black and Lamonica was nicknamed the "Mad Bomber"
Bob Lanier, Calvin Murphy, and Randy Smith All came from small WNY colleges and were great Pro basketball players.
Pete Maravich Pistol Pete could do things with a basketball like no one else. I think he averaged 45 points a game with no 3 point play.
Dominik Hasek One of the greatest goalies of all time. He was definitely the most exciting goalie to ever play.
Jerry West : West was my childhood nickname. I even had a GD user name JWest44.

2/20/2013 12:04 PM (edited)
Jerry Rice

Joe Montana

Barry Bonds

Michael Jordan

Michael Phelps

Oscar Pistorius

In no particular order all of the above are some of the best EVER for their respective sports! Ooo and I'm joking about Oscar Pistorius just to see if anyone is paying attention!!

2/20/2013 3:43 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
OT: Favorite Athletes of all time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.