Please do NOT update the engine Topic

We may very well lose many coaches this time who were happy just to plug in and tune out regarding the game play. I happen to think that more coaches will stay once the engine has been adjusted to make what the coaches plan for occur. If it stays simplistic, I may opt to diminish my teams to one or so, because I have seen v1 and v2 and now v3 - I definitely like the ability to challenge myself against the other human coaches (like v1) - but I would rather not spend my time challenging the game SIM (like v2). We may also lose more coaches who yearn for more control if this new game doesn't provide that.
3/5/2013 11:02 AM
Posted by katzphang88 on 3/5/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
We may very well lose many coaches this time who were happy just to plug in and tune out regarding the game play. I happen to think that more coaches will stay once the engine has been adjusted to make what the coaches plan for occur. If it stays simplistic, I may opt to diminish my teams to one or so, because I have seen v1 and v2 and now v3 - I definitely like the ability to challenge myself against the other human coaches (like v1) - but I would rather not spend my time challenging the game SIM (like v2). We may also lose more coaches who yearn for more control if this new game doesn't provide that.
How much more control could we possibly get?
3/6/2013 8:02 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 3/6/2013 8:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 3/5/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
How much more control could we possibly get?
Guess I didn't make it clear enough. What I meant was that if the current game continues to be somewhat random, some of the current coaches who want to be able to control what their team does may not want to play anymore because it is still too random. This game has plenty enough control adjustments to make more detail oriented coaches happy, but if it doesn't play right and that level of detail isn't reflected in what the game sims - they may want to leave.
3/6/2013 7:42 PM

You are currently on the tail end of the curve with regards to coaches who will leave under the current version.  However if you introduce a new game engine, you will be on the steep part of the curve.

At this point, the number of new coaches will be more dependent on marketing than the game engine.

3/6/2013 9:23 PM
When WIS offered free seasons after 2.0 came out, some DIII worlds were almost full for a while. I agree that if they can put out a good game with the new engine, marketing will be the key to get more coaches into the game.
3/7/2013 12:51 AM
Did zero recruiting, have not set up a depth chart, a game plan, nothing, and I am definitely 3-1 right now.

Not sure this is what people were looking for???

3/7/2013 10:37 AM
Posted by hitman1979 on 3/7/2013 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Did zero recruiting, have not set up a depth chart, a game plan, nothing, and I am definitely 3-1 right now.

Not sure this is what people were looking for???

I am also....but if we assume that a lot of people did the same thing...everyone can't win....so some teams will have to lose....theoretically, there will be spread of winning teams and losing teams and some that break even.
3/7/2013 6:45 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Please do NOT update the engine Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.