Movies you stay up to watch Topic

Speaking of chick flicks... Love Actually is my favorite.

2/27/2013 1:25 PM
Favorite Chick Flick = "Only You" with Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr.
2/27/2013 1:38 PM
The Princess Bride?

Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
     If there are we'll be dead..
No more rhymes I mean it!!!
     Anybody want a peanut?
2/27/2013 2:40 PM (edited)
Does Titanic count as a "chick flick" - if so, it would have to be about the best. 

Right now half-watching "Exorcist II" - one of those films you watch because good actors - even a great one like Richard Burton - are in such a bad movie, with "I have flown on the wings of Bezuzu" one of the worst lines in movie history uttered by a great actor. 
2/27/2013 6:34 PM
I guess if a chick flick has to be named, "The Breakfast Club" would be my favorite.  If that one isn't allowed, "Crazy, Stupid, Love". 
2/27/2013 7:04 PM
In recent news, a multimillionaire has buried a treasure of gold worth millions of dollars.   He wrote a poem with clues.  

With that being said, those gold chasers should watch the movie THE TREASURE OF SEIRRA MADRE.

It's old movie with Humphrey Bogart and made in black and white, but a great movie.  It's in popular culture for one line.  "We don't need no stinkin badges"...or in today terms.  "We don't need no stinking ..."

True greatness movie about greed.
2/28/2013 12:15 AM
An Officer and a Gentleman......
Star Trek 2 the Wrath of Khan.....
Superman 2.....
Raging Bull....

The only thing good about the early 1980's was the movies.....The one movie I always seem to be a sucker for is Slapshot
2/28/2013 2:12 AM
Posted by juskay on 2/28/2013 2:12:00 AM (view original):
Superman 2.....
Raging Bull....

The only thing good about the early 1980's was the movies.....The one movie I always seem to be a sucker for is Slapshot
I could not agree more about the early 1980s ! 

We have not mentioned The Blues Brothers - which is a cult film in Italy by the way. 
2/28/2013 5:12 AM
GONE WITH THE WIND IS THE ULTIMATE CHICK FLICK

SCARLETT, RHETT, ...............
2/28/2013 6:17 AM
Posted by juskay on 2/28/2013 2:12:00 AM (view original):
Superman 2.....
Raging Bull....

"What are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach...yeah every game...you want some?"

I love that movie...add tht one to my list.

2/28/2013 1:45 PM
Too many to list but in the other night  I have enjoyed  Good Morning Vietnam.

Frazzman is spot on.........Slapshot is a classic!
3/1/2013 3:15 PM
Duck soup
Night at the opera
A day at the races
Animal crackers
Coconuts
Monkey business
Horsefeathers

To be or not to be (the original)
Bringing up baby
The treasure of the Sierra madre
The Maltese falcon
Casablanca
Stalag 17
Torrid zone
Beat the devil
Some like it hot
The apartment
La cage aux follies
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum
The producers
Tom jones

Hey italy prof, where were you on this:

BIG DEAL ON MADONNA STREET
(Soliti ignoti, the original "usual suspects")
And while we're there (in Italy)

"Too bad she's bad"
Bicycle thieves
I vitteloni
The white sheik

Band of outsiders

3/4/2013 8:45 PM
Oh, you are right coyote522, we left out the Marx Brothers till now (!) 

Bicycle thieves should be in the top ten movies of all time. 

I like Soliti Ignoti, but don't stay up to watch it every time - in fact the same about Bicycle thieves - it is a great, great film, but sometimes it is too sad, really heartbreaking and if I am not in the mood for that I can't bear it and don't watch it just cause it's on. Il Postino is in the same category - great film but too sad if I am not up for that. 

I don't know Big Deal on Madonna Street. I will look for it.   I don't know the others you mention either - so you have given me some homework to do. Thanks ! 

3/5/2013 4:21 AM
Lina Wertmuller deserves a shout out.  Swept Away is the obvious one, but The Seven Beauties is probably her finest. (The Prof made me think of Giancarlo Giannini.)
3/5/2013 3:08 PM
No doubt "Swept Away" is much better without Madonna ! 

As for Seven Beauties - it is a good movie but will erode your soul if you watch it. 

Anyone who wants to see why Roberto Benigni became famous in the first place should see "Il Mostro" (The monster) - hilarious, best physical humor I have ever seen in a film. The man is a comic genius. But lately he just lectures on Dante in front of gigantic audiences in Florence, broadcast on national TV. I learn a lot about Dante, but it is kind of like when Woody Allen stopped making comedies, you feel like you lost something somehow. 

3/6/2013 6:26 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Movies you stay up to watch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.