Vote for best group of drafted QBs Topic

Posted by burnsy483 on 3/4/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Biz isnt impressed with that group because he said he has no grasp of how good the older QBs were.  Which makes you wonder why he's giving his opinion in the first place when he's ignoring half the QBs listed.
He's a troll.  Nothing more....nothing less.
3/4/2013 1:28 PM
Young,Baugh,Graham and Anderson not overly impressive? Think you better check again! Baugh for many years was felt to be the greatest QBever for many years. Graham played in the championship game in the league for 10 straght years. Finally Baugh and Graham was voted on the NFL's 75th anniverary team. I think that is very impressive.

As I said before, I am treating all "old school" QBs the same because I don't know enough about any of them to rank them. So the only one in that group that means anything to me is Young.
Biz isnt impressed with that group because he said he has no grasp of how good the older QBs were.  Which makes you wonder why he's giving his opinion in the first place when he's ignoring half the QBs listed.

I'm giving my opinion on what I can accurately give it on.
3/4/2013 1:31 PM
He's a troll.  Nothing more....nothing less.

No, I'm not - but YOU are.

You run around with multiple user names and cause trouble with at least two of them - this one and bad_luck.

So don't come riding into the thread on your high horse like you're something special and start calling me a troll when that's exactly what you are.
3/4/2013 1:33 PM
Anyone who quarterbacked before 1980 is "old school"?  Yah, I can see Sammy Baugh, YA Tittle, Otto Graham, and Johnny U.... but Bradshaw, Staubach, et al.?

In other words, he's the MTV generation.

In other words, he's an idiot.
3/4/2013 1:44 PM
"The MTV generation"? What an odd label.

Not only do you apply an odd label to what you perceive to be a generation, but then you want to label everyone within it an idiot. Perhaps someone has done the same with your generation (whatever that is).

All talk of generations aside, the point is I don't know much about football from those days and so I can't accurately rate QBs who played then.

3/4/2013 2:01 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/4/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
"The MTV generation"? What an odd label.

Not only do you apply an odd label to what you perceive to be a generation, but then you want to label everyone within it an idiot. Perhaps someone has done the same with your generation (whatever that is).

All talk of generations aside, the point is I don't know much about football from those days and so I can't accurately rate QBs who played then.

then why bother to give your opinion at all since it is clearly only going to at best be half correct.  You can't just ignore players and then rank the groupings.  You look like nothing more than a moron at best.
3/4/2013 2:13 PM
I started following the NFL in 1970.  Personally, I've seen everyone on this list LIVE on television except for Baugh, Graham, and Tittle.  Granted, Unitas was kinda old, Namath was already crippled,  and Starr was fading along with the rest of Green Bay.
3/4/2013 2:25 PM
It makes sense to not give your opinion on something if you don't enough about the subject.  And there's nothing wrong with saying that you don't know enough about QBs pre-1980.  But it's sorta annoying when you do give a very wordy opinion when you don't know enough about what you're talking about.
3/4/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/4/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
It makes sense to not give your opinion on something if you don't enough about the subject.  And there's nothing wrong with saying that you don't know enough about QBs pre-1980.  But it's sorta annoying when you do give a very wordy opinion when you don't know enough about what you're talking about.
It looks like he simply discarded any QB that played before a certain point, and rated the rest based on Chris Berman's assessments.
3/4/2013 2:43 PM
then why bother to give your opinion at all since it is clearly only going to at best be half correct.  You can't just ignore players and then rank the groupings.  You look like nothing more than a moron at best.

Anyone can rank the QBs however they'd like.  In doing so, you can consider or not consider any factors you wish. It's subjective to each person - that's why it's an opinion.
It looks like he simply discarded any QB that played before a certain point, and rated the rest based on Chris Berman's assessments.
I based it on my own assessments. Or maybe I am Chris Berman.

Okay, I based them on my own assessments and I'm not really Chris Berman.
3/4/2013 2:52 PM
Nobody thought you were Chris Berman.
3/4/2013 6:34 PM
That's the thing...you just never know.
3/5/2013 9:48 AM
Posted by toddcommish on 3/4/2013 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/4/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
By nicknames?
3/5/2013 5:18 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/4/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Well, since I had him blocked, I didn't know.  But I like his opinion now!!!!
3/5/2013 5:20 PM
Aren't you proud?  Biz picked your group!

That speaks volumes.

Tards of a feather flock together.
3/5/2013 5:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...18 Next ▸
Vote for best group of drafted QBs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.