White Smoke Will Rise Signalling Season 17..... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
** UPDATE:  FILLED **

Thanks for visiting, and please contact the commish (zzookeepp) if you are interested in joining Schmidt for Season 18 or serving as a replacement owner if needed-

A little bit about Schmidt:

1. Balanced competition: the 5 last world series have been won by 5 different teams

2. Remarkably deep roster of skilled owners: 15 have won World Series, and a couple others have gotten ever so close

3. We welcome newcomers: there is much active discussion in the community, via both world chat and trade chat, and newbies can usually get sound advice while learning the game; our experienced owners are typically very helpful

4. Low drama: we follow a low social cholesterol diet that includes regular servings of good humor 

5. Tanking is discouraged: our private world rules include a minimum win requirement in order to prevent abuses; when joining the league, no new owner is subject to the minimum win requirement in their first season

3/15/2013 5:51 PM (edited)
This would be my first league so it is great that the owners are helpful. Can I take philly?
3/3/2013 2:47 PM
Welcome aboard, cats, and you may have Philly.
3/4/2013 11:05 AM
Confirmation from another owner who hasn't chosen a squad yet.  Still seeking at least 1 more... thanks for reading.
3/5/2013 11:31 PM

Great!!! is there a password to join the league?

3/6/2013 10:41 PM
This league is toxic.  They call for experienced owners but typically take on people that have never owned a team.  Why?  So the core to the league can continue to do as they wish and take advantage of the younger guys.  Seriously, worst league I've ever been part of and there are plenty of better options out there.
3/7/2013 12:29 AM
Bump.
3/7/2013 12:52 PM
Even though I'm the former owner of Trenton, I'd like to point out two things:

1) Good league. My decision to leave was a combination of time/fanancial considerations, nothing to do with the league.

2)The negative post above is from the first owner ever to be booted for missing the mwr. 2 season later, and he's stil bitter. He'll keep posting, but take anything he says with a grain of salt.

3/7/2013 2:27 PM
I would like the Trenton franchise if that one is still available (I am a native New Jerseyan). I have sitemailed with a couple of owners about it over the past couple of days. 
3/7/2013 4:51 PM
OK, Professor - consider Trenton reserved, and you should find the password in your Sitemail.  Welcome!
3/7/2013 5:34 PM
Hi, I saw your sitemail about Trenton having been claimed already and in any case have taken the NL south franchise that was available and placed it in Monterrey. Hope that is okay. Sorry if any of this confusion is my fault. 
3/7/2013 8:17 PM
This SCHMIDT makes me feel high
3/7/2013 9:31 PM
Good Schmidt
3/7/2013 11:56 PM
** March 8th update **

Schmidt still has franchises available.  The Arizona franchise mentioned above is still open: 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile

Philly and Trenton have been claimed, but these additional franchises have many strengths on which to build: 

Formerly Monterrey...

Formerly Baltimore...

3/8/2013 11:37 AM
12 Next ▸
White Smoke Will Rise Signalling Season 17..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.