D2 season 63 Topic

Congrats to all the final four coaches and the new champ.  Great season, always fun to see how things turn out.  Time for some serious reloading in the CVAC.  Look for Longwood with coach bbunch to be back in the mix over the next few seasons, after giving us all a break this go around.
4/8/2013 9:16 AM
Congrats on the title mmd!

St. Mary's will be down next season. We lose one of the all-time D2 Iba greats in Terry Coombs and our other top shooter. We will have 4 schollies to fill, but the nearly $9k in postseason money earned by the Heartland should help a lot there.
4/8/2013 10:41 AM
Next Season Preview:

CSU, Chico returns their infamous super-class, losing no one from a 26-4 season.  All twelve players are seniors and juniors and they have to be the pre-season favorite next year.

Rounding out my pre-season top 5:
  • Athletic & defensive-minded Wisconsin-Parkside returns 10 players from a 23-6 team.  All ten returnees will be juniors & sophs, talk about scary in two seasons.
  • Hackerhog loses two talented posts, but they don't rebuild at Harding, they reload.  They went 22-9 last season.
  • Incarnate Word hopes to return to prominence, losing the 3rd & 9th most talented players off an 18-13 team. 
I was going to include Texas A&M, Kingsville, but make a case for a fifth school.  Go!

4/8/2013 11:50 AM
We will be better next season - I think we're 2 seasons away from possibly making a deep NT run. I expect us to be a mid-level national tourney seed and scare some folks, but there are still some lineup holes from a couple of weak recruiting seasons. 
4/8/2013 1:23 PM
Queens will retire the jersey of the greatest player to ever sport the queens uniform Irving Bullard along with 4 others from our first class here! Gonna be down next year but looking to reload with a big time recruiting class!
4/8/2013 2:14 PM
◂ Prev 12345
D2 season 63 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.